Sign in to follow this  
CrystalSetsuna

Holiday Multiclutch Opinions?

In a way, I can fully understand the desire to be able to control where all the eggs that are bred goes. But though I understand that, I wouldn't want to have it that way myself. I think it is very fair the way it is now. We get to keep one egg, and do with that as we'd like, and the rest are sent to the AP to give others a chance at them too, even if we don't personally know them.

Do I have a guarantee that the eggs I send to AP will be bred to mates I would prefer? No. Do I even have a guarantee that the eggs will survive? No, I don't. They could go to an experienced player who was merely unable to access the computer when the dragon was originally dropped, or they could go to a complete newbie who doesn't know what to do with it, or simply gets bored by the game and quits. While I think it is sad when I see eggs I have bred dying, especially holiday dragons, there's nothing I can do about that. I still think it is good that I can help spreading the joy to others via the eggs going to the AP.

This year, as last year, I bred all my holiday dragons and sent all the eggs to the AP. 3 yulebucks, 6 snow angels, and 5 ribbon dancers. Hopefully, they will all survive, and have made someone happy today. Spreading the eggs is a good idea, in my mind smile.gif

I like it the way it is also. DC is cliquish enough with all the little groups who only trade with each other. This is why when multi-clutches happen, it's more fair for the 'extra' eggs to go to the AP so everyone has a chance.

If every egg from a multiclutch could be controlled, what hope would there be for anybody who "goes it alone"?

There are players who don't use the forums and don't have friends who play this site, and they wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell of catching an old holiday dragon if not for the automatic abandonment of multiclutch eggs.

Even using the forums and IRC and being on the lookout for people who were about to release their Holly multiclutches, I only had a snowball's chance in Florida or so (and still no holly as of yet).

I am pretty much desensitized to the whole idea of dropping the multiclutch eggs anyway, as multiclutches were the norm when I started playing, and I had to do it all the time.

I don't think it's in the proper spirit of Christmas to want to control every holiday egg and hoard them up and keep them among your approved group of people. Think of the multiclutch abandonment thing as a charitable donation along the lines of Toys for Tots - you are giving something nice away to somebody not fortunate enough to be getting them from their own friends and family. You don't get to pick who it is or what they do with it, but it's really going to brighten someone's day!

I very much prefer the way it is now.

The only reason I understand for wanting to control all eggs from the clutch is that Hollies have a very limited breeding population. So trying to make sure Holly eggs go first and foremost to people who will very probably be breeding them again the following years makes sense. (All other Holiday dragons have a big enough breeding pool that this is not an issue, really.)

But I still think it's good that people who do not have connections get a chance a them via the AP (even though I am an abysmal AP-hunter myself). Anything else would be unfair.

@the OP:

yes, if we could control all eggs, eventually the circle of close friends of any Holly woner would be "saturated" with Hollies. But there's always a wider circle, and then there's trading (and the prices charged for Hollies are immense, as you can see in the trading thread)...

No, really, keeping them going around is definitely the right thing.

Honestly? I think half on half would be perfect. Meaning you get to keep half of the eggs to do whatever you want. Keeping all gives no chances to newbies, folk with no forum or anyone like that to even dream about some eggs. Take hollies here - people demand almost impossible things for them, and hardly anyone gets enough festive spirit to gift any. This way the AP is almost the only way for some people to have a slightest chance - and I don't see anyone actually droping one in the ap on purpose smile.gif

Letting them all stay might turn the game into a greedy race

Before teleport I could try to gift all my eggs, and it was a nightmare: PMs, meetings on IRC, give a code to this, let the other one wait...

With the new system, I only have to worry about ONE egg, and let some random users try to get the others. One to four happy people, one less stressed Lizzy.

all I can say is, I'm glad my hollies listened and only bred one egg each. I sure don't want to dump my extra holly eggs onto the ap, hoping that the catcher won't breed it to a horrible mate when I have taken care to give my hollies a nice mate.

I wonder how many people hate the mates you have given to the dragons they bred. sad.gif

By the way - I hope people realise that you have 24 hours to teleport a holiday egg - as long as you choose it when you get the multiclutch.

I've gifted one from each multi I got and the rest went to the AP of course. The new owners seem very cheerful biggrin.gif I like cheering up people when I don't even know who they are. xd.png

on the flip side of the coin, the people with the fastest connections are now "charging" high prices for their holly grabs instead of the holly eggs being taken cared of by a friend of the breeder. i hardly count that as part of the christmas spirit. especially considering there are some users who have waited years for a holly and will be willing to "pay" high prices for *any* holly, as opposed to being gifted a well bred one by a friend.

i really dont see why people make a big deal of "connections" when all you have to do is talk to people and make friends - something you naturally do in a forum anyhow. those connections friends are the ones who make it possible for people with a busy life or slow internet connection possible to get rare eggs (and i would argue, make your overall forum/dragon cave experience more pleasurable).

honestly, half of the connection thing is just putting yourself out there and just being nice. my two holly ious (both which fell through) came to me from an ad i placed in trading back in july, so it's not like you even kiss other people's rear end or anything. even if the getcodes worked it still wouldn't have been 100% possible for me to catch an egg - especially given they all got moved to the first slots.

and i'm also a little worried about the holiday eggs, one in particular which i won't get into, but a lot of them are being picked up by newbies with many dead eggshells. sad.gif it would be nice if i could see my holiday babies survive the season and grow up to produce their own progeny.

I like the way things are now because that's how multi clutches have always been. Also I don't think it's fair to force people to use the forums to be able to get what they want. Using the forums should be a choice and not using them should not have to handicap a player at all. People say "it encourages interaction"...but what if people don't want to? They shouldn't have to.

Also there may be a slight chance that holiday limits are going to increase, so keeping more than one egg would definitely not help others get eggs. I also don't care how people breed any eggs I drop or how they name them. It makes things more interesting to see who gets the eggs, if I know them, if they will name them, or if they will completely wreck the lineage. I am interested in lineages but I understand not everyone shares that interest and I don't expect everyone to do so.

I am one of those people who caught my Snow Angels and Ribbon Dancers this year from the AP. I have no experience of the breeding side of things with Holidays - BUT I was around when all dragons had a chance of breeding multi-clutches. Heck, I bred some of my Silvers and Golds from multi-clutches. This keep one and ditch the others thing is not new at all, it has been around for a long time. With that being said, I personally don't mind multi-clutches at all. (Technically, they should just be called clutches. tongue.gif A clutch by definition is multiple.) In fact, I like them. I got my Holidays from them, so why wouldn't I like them? xd.png

Even when there were double Golds and Silvers in a clutch, we just sighed, said "if only" and kept one. Multi-clutches aren't that big a deal, in my opinion. It's just part of the game, and it does make it fairer to those who don't have Holidays to breed (like me!). Otherwise, more of the Holidays might only go to a Holiday-breeder's friends/family/IOUs/trades and those of us without connections would just be staring in through the store window, sighing "if only". I'm not saying all Holiday-breeders would keep their Holidays to themselves or people they've interacted with, there are plenty of nice people out there. I'm just saying less of them would be inclined to just abandon them if they knew someone who really wanted a Holiday and they had a Magi to Teleport.

So, short version xd.png - I support the auto-abandoning of extra multi-clutch eggs.

@thiefofhearts

You're propably right about some people grabbing hollies in AP and trading for god knows what on forum.

But how many ads we have of "I'll breed a holly, I want million hatchies of rare species for it"?

It's quite easy to say who is grabing and "selling" or breeding and "selling"

So still - the auto abandon at least give a chance for others to be greedy smile.gif not only those who already played DC in 2007

I'm not trying to be cheeky, it's all just facts

@thiefofhearts

You're probably right about some people grabbing hollies in AP and trading for god knows what on forum.

But how many ads we have of "I'll breed a holly, I want million hatchies of rare species for it"?

It's quite easy to say who is grabbing and "selling" or breeding and "selling"

So still - the auto abandon at least give a chance for others to be greedy smile.gif not only those who already played DC in 2007

Anything is worth what someone will pay. Just like on ebay xd.png

If someone is nuts enough to "pay" 5 golds and 5 silvers or something for a holly - isn't that their choice ? I was lucky enough to be given hollies this year by two lovely people here - three actually; I passed one to a friend - yes, a real life friend. This on the basis of my signature, which used to read that I would breed anything for a Holly. The people who gave them to me were not people I had "connections" with.

This is a lovely place.

I support the controlling of only one egg, by the way.

@thiefofhearts

You're propably right about some people grabbing hollies in AP and trading for god knows what on forum.

It's quite easy to say who is grabing and "selling" or breeding and "selling"

I actually haven't seen any ads for people offering to breed a holly, as they are all usually spoken for.

what i have seen are people who have caught hollies asking for......prettier hollies, blood swaps, or cb metallics and NDs.

auto abandon giving other people a chance to be greedy isn't exactly a good selling point blink.gif that's just my opinion on that subject though...

If someone is nuts enough to "pay" 5 golds and 5 silvers or something for a holly - isn't that their choice ? I was lucky enough to be given hollies this year by two lovely people here - three actually; I passed one to a friend - yes, a real life friend. This on the basis of my signature, which used to read that I would breed anything for a Holly. The people who gave them to me were not people I had "connections" with.

This is a lovely place.

Exactly! everyone is saying that getting a holly is about who you hob knob with - it's not. Your opportunity did not come from "connections" any more than my opportunity did. you put something out there, and someone may very well respond. in my case, it didn't go through (one holly only bred one, and the other 2, but myself AND a helper both missed the egg so it wasn't ment to be) but should i not get a holly this year (highly probably), they offered to try again next year.

A lot of people keep saying "well only the people with connections will get Hollies" or "If people controlled their eggs better, no one would get a Holly except a select few" when there are so many posts that prove otherwise. I've seen more people saying "I was gifted!" than I have "I caught a Holly!" and I think THAT should speak numbers. And I guarantee you the ones who are getting gifted probably aren't placing an ad in the trade threads for expensive dragons.

I would like a holly so i can also gift people next year, but if not, i'll just be like the (literal) hundreds of other who wait years to get one. In the mean time I'm not opposed to making friends in order to make my trading and over all cave experience more fun. And I do mean friends, not connections, because the latter just sounds dirty - like you are using other people for one specific thing only. That's not my intention when I gift or trade dragons.

(btw, just to clarify, this is not an arguementative post against you, it's just an explanatory post i am making to, hopefully, clear any misunderstandings my last post gave; it just so happens your post further illustrated what i was trying to say about "connections.")

I do understand where the people who want to control the destiny of their eggs are coming from, but there actually already is a compromise in place - it's getting to keep one egg and transfer it. When we used to have regular egg multi-clutches, and you were at your egg limit, they all abandoned. And yes, I know that people still used the get code to trade their normal multi-clutches all the time, but that was a work-around; the intention of the system was to give them all to other players.

With holiday eggs, though, even if you're at the breed limit you're allowed to keep one to send somewhere. That's the compromise.

Personally, I wouldn't support a change in the current system for a few reasons.

1. Multi-clutches exist so that people can catch eggs. No just so that people can have eggs, but so that folks can catch them. Because some people are new, don't know people, want to play the game alone, etc. and they should have access to eggs, too.

i really dont see why people make a big deal of "connections" when all you have to do is talk to people and make friends - something you naturally do in a forum anyhow. those connections friends are the ones who make it possible for people with a busy life or slow internet connection possible to get rare eggs (and i would argue, make your overall forum/dragon cave experience more pleasurable).

The problem is that the vast majority of players aren't on this forum, so maybe the making internet connection thing isn't as natural for them as for you. And while there's definitely and advantage to being active here, I don't think that it needs to be so greatly increased that people simply can't even see Hollies in the AP because the owners control all of the eggs. Even if it's more difficult, it shouldn't be ridiculously hard for people who prefer to play a more solitary game to get eggs that are becoming less rare each year, and so should be available to them.

3. During the teleport debate, there was a lot going back and forth between those who supported teleport and those who wanted to keep AP trading. One of the things that swayed some people to the pro side and offered comfort to those who never changed sides but eventually lost, was the very fact that holiday eggs - and, yes, mostly Hollies - would go to the AP. I think that it would be terrible if one of the things used to gather supporters for the system was completely taken away and the situation for AP Holly hunters made a thousand times harder than it was before.

And I have to admit that I'm not all that fond of the whole "chose a good mate" thing. People look at what they consider a messy lineage and think that the breeder made a terrible choice. However, we have no idea what that dragon that they chose meant to them. I caught one of my most precious (to me) dragons when lineages weren't even a thing, and if I bred it to my Holly it would have an incredibly special meaning for me. And regardless of my enjoyment of certain lineage types, to me, their happiness with their own pairing is more important than the way that dragons are arranged on the lineage page of a dragon I don't even own.

This year is the tough year, because a lot of agreements had been made for various IOUs prior to being able to teleport, and now people will only be able to fulfill 25% of them now.  That's a lot of disappointment for the holiday season. sad.gif

I'm actually not sure how this happened. Teleport was announced for imminent instillation before last Christmas. In fact, a lot of people were hoping that it wouldn't be implemented until after that Christmas because of IOUs that were made early in the year, before it was such a definite.

But this year, not only was teleport pretty much a certainty, but as early as summer, 2010, it was being widely discussed that a side-effect of teleport was that the majority of eggs would go to the AP. In light of all that I'm slightly baffled as to why people would enter into an IOU situation in which a Holly's eggs were promised to more than one person.

on the flip side of the coin, the people with the fastest connections are now "charging" high prices for their holly grabs instead of the holly eggs being taken cared of by a friend of the breeder. i hardly count that as part of the christmas spirit. especially considering there are some users who have waited years for a holly and will be willing to "pay" high prices for *any* holly, as opposed to being gifted a well bred one by a friend.

The thing is, I've seen more people talk about finally catching a Holly, than ever before, so people who aren't "selling" them are getting and keeping them. Also, the idea that none of the people who have them would ever "sell" them and would only give them to caring friends is something we already know to be untrue. Since they came out they've been traded by some people for for a variety of rare dragons - neglecteds, CB metallics, etc. What's to stop the current owners from making a profit from some or all of their eggs?

Besides, a lot of people who have been grabbing Hollies off of the AP have been gifting them. The only difference between them doing so and the breeder doing it is that the eggs hit the AP and were available to everyone, the point of multi-clutches.

Also, I have to say that I'm kind of leery of the elitism that comes with the idea that new players should have less access to eggs because they might not be good at the game or the eggs are too special for them. I get the feeling that this was an argument that very few of us would have made when we were new.

Holiday eggs are nice, but in the end, they're just eggs in a game. They aren't more important than the joy I've seen from so many new users who've caught some and older users who have finally grabbed that ever elusive Holly.

ETA:

A lot of people keep saying "well only the people with connections will get Hollies" or "If people controlled their eggs better, no one would get a Holly except a select few" when there are so many posts that prove otherwise. I've seen more people saying "I was gifted!" than I have "I caught a Holly!" and I think THAT should speak numbers. And I guarantee you the ones who are getting gifted probably aren't placing an ad in the trade threads for expensive dragons.

A lot of those people have been gifted by folks that caught thoise Hollies off the AP this year, not just those that bred them. Letting multi-clutches fall doesn't preclude gifting.

Edited by skauble

I'm slightly confused -- We /do/ have an option to not abandon our clutch for 30 minutes, and I would trade away any IOU issues I had, and then trade whatever extra eggs I had for something nice. Maybe four CB spitfire hatchlings, maybe a messy-lineaged ND. In the end, why should it matter who they go to, as long as the person breeding them is happy that they have a Holly at all? If we don't want to spread the love in a reasonable way, we do not have to. (And I'm defining reasonable as in 'drop all your eggs into the ap'). We may gift to people, who, in our eyes, deserve it. There is nothing wrong with this, and there never will be. People play the game however they want to. The problem with this thread is that it's not really incorporating the 'easy-to-catch breeds', which, in my eyes, is a mistake. No one needs 'connections' to get a nice egg. I won my Holly in a lottery. Pure and absolute luck. Sure, I had an IOU, but that was plan B. If you really want to get a Holly, begin to enjoy the game, and just don't worry about catching one every second of every day during Christmas.

I'm slightly confused -- We /do/ have an option to not abandon our clutch for 30 minutes, and I would trade away any IOU issues I had, and then trade whatever extra eggs I had for something nice.

But, right now, we can only teleport one egg no matter how big the multi-clutch is. After you chose the one to teleport, the rest fall to the AP. What the OP is suggesting is that the breeder get to teleport all of their eggs and not just one.

I think that keeping 1 egg is fair, just like regular breeding. We only get one egg from our other rare dragons, right? smile.gif

Extra eggs from the multiclutch are there to give other players a chance, and I think the AP is the best place for that.

The problem is that the vast majority of players aren't on this forum, so maybe the making internet connection thing isn't as natural for them as for you.  And while there's definitely and advantage to being active here, I don't think that it needs to be so greatly increased that people simply can't even see Hollies in the AP because the owners control all of the eggs.  Even if it's more difficult, it shouldn't be ridiculously hard for people who prefer to play a more solitary game to get eggs that are becoming less rare each year, and so should be available to them.

This is what I don't understand by a lot of people using the forum argument. 1) the forums are optional and 2)the forums are an asset. They are a part of the cave as any BSA or tool that is also provided to every user - if they don't want to use it; that's fine but I don't see why those who do use features provided should be handicapped the same way as those people who choose not to use forums.

Yes using the forum is an advantage - so why take that advantage away from the people who use it? How is it any different from using the inlfuence BSA or incubate bsa on a dragon? They are all part of the game. Everyone has the option to, if someone chooses not to use it, that's their lost; just like not using a bsa. Why take away the advantage of a *feature*? This makes no sense - might as well not have that feature if you can't use it's full potential. It's almost like saying you won't use your red dragon's incubate because someone who chooses not to raise reds won't have the ability to incubate an egg. blink.gif

The forum is not a special club, it's open to the public.

The thing is, I've seen more people talk about finally catching a Holly, than ever before, so people who aren't "selling" them are getting and keeping them.  Also, the idea that none of the people who have them would ever "sell" them and would only give them to caring friends is something we already know to be untrue.  Since they came out they've been traded by some people for for a variety of rare dragons - neglecteds, CB metallics, etc.  What's to stop the current owners from making a profit from some or all of their eggs?

We must be looking at different threads then, I've seen maybe a handful of people saying "I caught one" versus "I was gifted!" I'm not exactly sure where you are going with that second point but I was just saying that it seems to me, those who were gifted were less likely to "make a profit" than those who were not, and furthermore, while it seems you disagree, I think there would still be more people gifting their holly eggs than those churning out babies for profit, since the majority of adult holly owners already have a sizeable dragon collection.

Besides, a lot of people who have been grabbing Hollies off of the AP have been gifting them.  The only difference between them doing so and the breeder doing it is that the eggs hit the AP and were available to everyone, the point of multi-clutches.

that's good to hear, i just think it seems different when i walk into some of the trading threads.

Also, I have to say that I'm kind of leery of the elitism that comes with the idea that new players should have less access to eggs because they might not be good at the game or the eggs are too special for them.  I get the feeling that this was an argument that very few of us would have made when we were new.

idk if this was directed to me or not, but i just wanted to address this. i don't think newbies deserve less (if i did, i wouldn't be a mod for the newbie gifting thread =/ ), infact, even if they wanted to breed messy, i would still be ok with it since lineages aren't the be-all, end-all, for me. What I am concerned about is the holiday eggs ending up dead - because i know i could have gifted them to someone who could have kept them alive and I think holly owners have more of a legitimate concern than I do in this area. furthermore i do think there are a lot of frustrated cave players who deserve MORE than 3 or 4 *years* of hunting in the AP for *hours* for one egg, only to turn up empty handed day after day after year. i know how I felt when i found out that i misunderstood how holiday breeding goes and that i would have to wait another 360 days for another chance, but i can't fathom having to do that two, three, or four times. maybe it's too much that i think those people should just get a chance at being happy too - they've earned it.

A lot of those people have been gifted by folks that caught thoise Hollies off the AP this year, not just those that bred them.  Letting multi-clutches fall doesn't preclude gifting.

no it doesn't; but that doesn't mean everyone who would "hold" their multi clutch would sell them off for the highest price, either.

tbh idk what that/holds means. i just think installing getcodes back would be infinitely useful for people with slow connections while not necessarily guaranteeing that they would always get the egg. it just gives them a fighting chance against hundreds of other players.

What the OP is suggesting is that the breeder get to teleport all of their eggs and not just one.

blink.gif

did not realize this D:

how about just having a getcode back, please? D:

[snip for length]

+Like, you addressed pretty much every point I was thinking of while reading.

I prefer the current system, because it allows those who find socializing difficult to have a chance at eggs that other people would otherwise only gift to people that they were friends with, were trading with, or were giving to because said people spoke up and said they wanted them. Maybe the forums are an asset to people who find it easy to socialize, but there are a few reasons for others to feel left out: shyness, lack of fluency. I, personally, find socializing difficult. I'm on this forum almost every day, but I'm a lurker and actually making posts and putting myself out there causes me undue stress. And I can see I'm not the only one.

And to add some credence, I caught my first Holly a few days ago off the AP. I have seen gifters and giftees in small numbers, but think of it this way, thiefofhearts: there will be plenty more people catching Holly's than receiving them as gifts, because all multi-clutches are going to the AP, where they are then caught by other players. It's impossible for there to be more players getting them gifted than caught simply because multi-clutches exist. If you haven't been seeing people reporting on their catches, that just goes to show how few people actively participate on the forums for whatever reason. Because those hollies are going somewhere, after all, they aren't on the AP anymore.

+Like, you addressed pretty much every point I was thinking of while reading.

I prefer the current system, because it allows those who find socializing difficult to have a chance at eggs that other people would otherwise only gift to people that they were friends with, were trading with, or were giving to because said people spoke up and said they wanted them. Maybe the forums are an asset to people who find it easy to socialize, but there are a few reasons for others to feel left out: shyness, lack of fluency. I, personally, find socializing difficult. I'm on this forum almost every day, but I'm a lurker and actually making posts and putting myself out there causes me undue stress. And I can see I'm not the only one.

And to add some credence, I caught my first Holly a few days ago off the AP. I have seen gifters and giftees in small numbers, but think of it this way, thiefofhearts: there will be plenty more people catching Holly's than receiving them as gifts, because all multi-clutches are going to the AP, where they are then caught by other players. It's impossible for there to be more players getting them gifted than caught simply because multi-clutches exist. If you haven't been seeing people reporting on their catches, that just goes to show how few people actively participate on the forums for whatever reason. Because those hollies are going somewhere, after all, they aren't on the AP anymore.

Well i guess that's just where we have to disagree then, because i do think people who put in effort into the community should be rewards to people who don't.

It's that simple for me.

And I actually don't think it's impossible for there to be more giftees than catchers, simply because holly dragons don't produce as many eggs as other dragons. most of those gifts are coming from clutches of one or two eggs which would mean there are more gifts than lucky catches.

Well i guess that's just where we have to disagree then, because i do think people who put in effort into the community should be rewards to people who don't.

It's that simple for me.

And I actually don't think it's impossible for there to be more giftees than catchers, simply because holly dragons don't produce as many eggs as other dragons. most of those gifts are coming from clutches of one or two eggs which would mean there are more gifts than lucky catches.

Two things.

One: I can agree to disagree. Just be glad you are not a shy person, and are lucky enough to knew how to speak english well.

Two: Perhaps not, but please also take into account the phenomenon of good manners.

Say you were gifted a holly. Of course you will want to post about it. You put time and effort into making a friendship enough into getting it. Or you want people to know how nice the gifter is, because you feel like you should at least give something back to them for their generosity. You're naturally more likely to post because you've already done a lot of posting to begin with.

Say you caught a holly. You might want to post, if you're already an active person. But you might want to keep it to yourself. You might be afraid to be view-bombed if you post it, or to get people asking for trades for it. Also, you didn't have the support of the community in catching it - you did it all on your own, so you don't have the sort of obligation to speak up about it. Sure, people may do so, but in effect I personally had no intention of speaking up about my holly because I wouldn't want to brag when others do not have their own hollies yet.

All that I'm trying to illustrate here is that there are many reasons why you may be seeing more people reporting gifts than catches, and not all of the reasons are as transparent as people simply not being on the forums or whatnot.

I have mixed feelings about the way it is now. On the one hand, it was a huge relief to know I would absolutely, definitely, no question get one Holly egg to a person on my list. On the other, I was bummed that I couldn't give anyone else on the list the tiny getcode edge we used to have. (Please understand: it was a VERY small advantage. The recipient had to click/refresh at just the right time or miss the egg. I think I had about 50% success rate in getting Holly eggs to recipients the old way.)

In any event, my Holly only produced one egg, and it went to a person who'd been on my list for 3 years.

Since I don't trade my Holly eggs, I don't care about eggs going to people I don't "know" - I just hope they wind up in the hands of people who will love them and squeeze them and...well, maybe not name them George. But take good care of them. smile.gif

I don't think people with Hollies should have iron-clad control over each and every egg they produce. In MMORPG terms, I'd call that "unbalancing the game". I did like having that little getcode edge to give to people on my list, but I also think that everyone should have a shot at grabbing them off the AP.

What about the small percent of people who actually got their hollies by pure luck? Are they disregarded as the ones who 'bribed' the holly owners into winning or something? I see no valid argument for that side of the coin.

This is what I don't understand by a lot of people using the forum argument. 1) the forums are optional and 2)the forums are an asset. They are a part of the cave as any BSA or tool that is also provided to every user - if they don't want to use it; that's fine but I don't see why those who do use features provided should be handicapped the same way as those people who choose not to use forums.

Yes using the forum is an advantage - so why take that advantage away from the people who use it? How is it any different from using the influence BSA or incubate bsa on a dragon? They are all part of the game. Everyone has the option to, if someone chooses not to use it, that's their lost; just like not using a bsa. Why take away the advantage of a *feature*? This makes no sense - might as well not have that feature if you can't use it's full potential. It's almost like saying you won't use your red dragon's incubate because someone who chooses not to raise reds won't have the ability to incubate an egg. blink.gif

The forum is not a special club, it's open to the public.

The forums are open to all - in theory. In actual fact a lot of younger people who play the cave are not allowed on the forum. My grandson, to name but one. I teleported him a yulebuck and an angel. But he wouldn't have had a prayer of getting them via the forum, as he can't come here. Sure - it is nice to support it - but not all players CAN.

And no, Ashes The Second - more power to those who got their hollies by luck. That was how I got my other past Christmases.

Teleporting one is a way to be SURE one individual gets the egg. The old method - there was a pretty good chance of losing that egg along with the rest. I still vote for the one held egg - getcode was never intended to happen in the first place.