Cori

Jackal's re-revived art thread

Hello! Welcome to my art thread. I make art in exchange for eggs, and occasionally I will stream myself drawing or doing other things. I really need to come up with a good solid intro for this thread...

BASIC INFO: I draw anything--and I mean anything. I'll draw your favorite cartoon character, I'll draw people or pets or flowers or anything else you want. The only things I won't draw are things that are inappropriate for this forum (so no nsfw requests please).

------

Egg commission info:

The kind of egg or hatchling I want will change depending on what kind of drawing you want me to do, but my 'prices' will go something like this:

Simple: Graphite sketch, character headshot, 'chibi' simplified drawing

Eggs/hatchlings: Commons.

Intermediate: Inked drawing, full-body character, two subjects (two dragons interacting, two people, etc.)

Eggs/hatchlings: Uncommons, including 'hybrid' species like shallow waters and geodes

Advanced: Fully colored, either traditionally or digitally, more than two subjects, dynamic poses and maybe even a background (if it's not too over-the-top).

Eggs/hatchlings: Rares, such as metallics, unbreedables, trios, and holidays. Tinsels are lower priority than 'normal' metallics.

Here is the form to use when making a request.

[COLOR=green]Art Request![/color]
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]What you want:[/B] Dragon? Human? Animal? Specify the subject here.
[B]Type:[/B] What kind of drawing do you want? A simple one, like a chibi? A more advanced one, like two dragons hugging each other? This plays an important role in the price for each commission. Please don't request something super complicated and offer a common egg in return.
[B]Description of subject:[/B] Please be very detailed! Who is the character? Are they male or female? What do they look like, and what are they doing?
[B]Background:[/B] What do you want the background to look like? A simple color? A pattern? Transparent? (I am kind of bad at backgrounds, so if nothing is specified I will make it transparent by default.)
[B]Other:[/B] If you want anything unusual in your drawing, specify it here. PLEASE ALSO SPECIFY IF YOU WANT THE DRAWING TO BE DONE TRADITIONALLY OR DIGITALLY. If you don't specify, I'll make it traditionally.
[B]Payment:[/B] What will you offer in exchange for the drawing?

I am willing to try to work in different styles if they are specifically requested.

A few small reminders...

Please do not claim any of my stuff as your own, and do not remove any watermarks I put on the drawings. If you use the drawings anywhere, I would like a little bit of credit!

I may also ask for a different egg if I think the drawing you want is more complicated than it should be.

Finally, if you dislike anything in the drawing, feel free to ask me to change it. Nicely.

I will take five requests at a time, and I will try to have the work done as soon as possible. Please allow at least a week for me to finish my requests. I am a busy person, so please be patient if something takes a bit longer to finish than others!

On a side note: I may consider doing an art trade if you're interested. PM me if you're interested.

Edited by Jackal

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED.

Current Requests:

1. Delillah

2. Sarkin Amara

3. Ninetails

The latest requests that have been finished are as follows:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Jackal

Wow, you are really good! I think the last drawing looks more like a woman than a genderless person.

Art Request!

Name: krystalsharz

Dragon/Animal/Human?: Wolf?

Level: Not sure, but i want it to look really good

Description of subject: A wolf made of fire, growling, with another one next to it, howling at the sky

Background: Blank unless you think of a cool scene for them.

Other: Growling wolf made of red flame, the howling one blue flame please.

Payment: I have a red egg with now, and I can try to breed anything (and i mean anything) on my scroll. My tinsels like me most of the time, but not my stripes. I'm also in the Bioms and AP all the time, so let me know what you would like me to try to breed or catch for you. ( I also do trades a lot in the trading forum)

And I make Signitures and Avatars (see my topic in this part of the forum) if you want those in exchange.

Edited by KrystalSharz

O3O nice drawings :3

Art Request!

Name: thewingeddragonofra

Dragon/Animal/Human?: human

Level: A Chibi would be nice :3

Description of subject: Lester :3 He is young and awesome, with long hair and a black thing at the end of his hair he has a random eye thing, random gem on his head, he has blue rollerskate type things on his feet, a thing around his neck and a floady thing that floads around his shoulders (you will see what i mean in the pics) (character from yugioh >:3) lots of refrence pics - http://i44.tinypic.com/2q8y2qa.png http://i40.tinypic.com/j92a7s.png (without cloak and floaty thing) http://i39.tinypic.com/ojmnwm.png (with cloak) http://i39.tinypic.com/dmwjnb.png (with a helmet on, better view of the thing around his neck) http://i40.tinypic.com/2z9jrkp.png (a better view of his hair length and black thiny on the end) *i think thats enough pics before i show you the whole of my folder*

Background: Can i has a transparent version for my sig, and a version with a plain colour possibly for my desktop wallpaper :3)

Other: Make him look cute :3 You can choose what position he is in, but it prefer him without his cloak on x3

Payment: A nice 3rd gen magma with and *EPIC* code http://dragcave.net/lineage/bbAWL

I hope its no to too complicated for ya :3 If this is okay with you, ile PM ya with a link with the magma in :3

Thanks loads biggrin.gif and did i mention your drawing skillz is awesome? >:3

Thx

-Ra

Art Request!

Name: Mongoose

Dragon/Animal/Human?: moeshipping

Level: moe level (which means I don't care ahahaha)

Description of subject: must I remind you what moeshipping is

Background: a moe background...

Other: sharks with lazerbeams

NO

DON'T DO THAT I'M SORRY no don't...do that...

Payment: I can offer...ANOTHER DRAWING, probably like, of...something...?

does this even count

what am I doing here

(I sincerely apologize to anyone who had to read that

you know what don't take this seriously

i'll just art trade with you over something else

yeah

ig...nore...me)

Edited by Mongoose

All right, I've added Ra to the request list and I'll get started on that as soon as I finish Krystal's drawing.

Oh, someone else requeste--

Art Request!

Name: Mongoose

Dragon/Animal/Human?: moeshipping

Level: moe level (which means I don't care ahahaha)

Description of subject: must I remind you what moeshipping is

Background: a moe background...

Other: sharks with lazerbeams

NO

DON'T DO THAT I'M SORRY no don't...do that...

Payment: I can offer...ANOTHER DRAWING, probably like, of...something...?

does this even count

what am I doing here

ಠ_ಠ

Dangit Angie!

I'll let it slide...but just this once!

and now you must pay for it by drawing it

because i could not do it justice

Edited by Mongoose

Update! I have finished my first two art requests (you can click on the pictures to see the full-size version)!

For KrystalSharz: Fiery wolves!

user posted image

For thewingeddragonofra: A chibi Lester!

user posted image

I've linked to the larger version of this if you want it, but I also made it small enough for a signature.

And here's the 'desktop' version of the picture.

I hope you guys like your drawings! I'll get to work on my other requests soon.

Edited by Jackal

Oh it's wonderful! biggrin.gif

Could you make mine small enough for my Signiture spot too? (now I have to decide what to get rid of in my Sig lol)

Oh hey! Your art is pretty spiffy. :3 I totally like it. I'd suggest working a wee bit more on faces, though. They seem a little awkward.

Hm. What would you consider to be uncommon? I'm not really up-to-date when it comes to Dragon Cave, so. xd.png Would a bred split still count as uncommon? Or a tinsel?

Oh hey! Your art is pretty spiffy. :3 I totally like it. I'd suggest working a wee bit more on faces, though. They seem a little awkward.

Hm. What would you consider to be uncommon? I'm not really up-to-date when it comes to Dragon Cave, so. xd.png Would a bred split still count as uncommon? Or a tinsel?

A split would be perfectly fine! I'm curious, though: which faces looked awkward to you? And what made them awkward? I'd like to know what you think!

Also, I resized the picture for you, KrystalSharz.

user posted image

I hope this is short enough for a signature.

Mainly this one. She just looks crazy. Like, how a few of her features are tilted slightly, and just plain how out there the eyes look. It's just so stiff overall.

You really are good, though. <3 And, cool, if a split is fine, I'll breed one right away.

Art Request!

Name: Zovesta

Dragon/Animal/Human?: Humans (actually a youkai and a half-youkai buuut)

Level: Apparently Intermediate. Just Kitarou and Rat Man interacting however you want. If you only want to draw one, pick either, I don't really care.

Description of subject: Oh boy. These will be hard ones to describe, so I'll mainly provide reference pictures. Kitarou is a youkai boy with only one eye. He's basically extremely chill and calm, even if creepy as heck. Also, his father is an eyeball (with a tiny body, but still). He almost always rides around in Kitarou's empty eye socket. Here: + his father. And again. Also some group shots.

Rat Man/Nezumi Otoko is a filthy, vile, back-stabbing half-youkai. And they're best friends. For the record, Rat Man is always killing Kitarou in horrible ways. When he's not doing that, they just hang out together. Here are some Rat Man references: Boy, finding full-body pictures of him is hard. This and this. From the manga.

Background: Nah, none required.

Other: Just do what you're awesome at. If you need any more reference pictures, just ask and I'll take some from the old anime.

Payment: A split egg. Also, if you want, I can give you a tinsel as well if I like it.

Mainly this one. She just looks crazy. Like, how a few of her features are tilted slightly, and just plain how out there the eyes look. It's just so stiff overall.

Ah, yes...that one, which I affectionately refer to as 'dat face' (I hate it too, haha). I made it look like that semi-on purpose, because it was an illustration for a humorous Let's Play of Pokemon Crystal and she was supposed to be more than a little unhinged!

Anyway, you're on the request list! Such quirky characters will be fun to draw.

Oh, I see. xd.png Then, yeah, your faces are fine. That one was just OH WOAH YEAH.

Awesome~ :3 Haha, yeah, quirky would be a good term... xd.png

Art Request!

Name: pieluvr3000

Dragon/Animal/Human?: Wolf

Level: A simple sketch of them together

Description of subject: http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc402/...r3000/Unala.jpg

and her mate: (the sandy-colored adult male) http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/imag...rmat=auto&rev=3

Background: Transparent

Other: None

Payment: One flamingo wyvern, considered uncommon

Edited by pieluvr3000

Hey chickadees, sorry these requests took a bit longer to complete--I caught a nasty bug a few days ago and I felt to sick to do any drawing, so I just bummed out on the internet.

Anyway, I've finished two requests now! (remember to click on the pictures to see their full size version!)

For Catlover74:

user posted image

I really hope you like this dragon--I had fun working with the wings and the general anatomy.

For Zovesta:

user posted image

This was a bit of a challenge because I had a hard time deciding on the poses for the characters, but I think it turned out pretty good. hopefully you think so too!

The next request I'll work on is pieluvr3000's.

YESSS.

Thanks a ton. <3 I love it. And Rat Man is as feminine as ever. =D

I've finished pieluvr3000's request for a sketch of their two wolf characters. Remember to check out the full-size version, because the thumbnail looks really jagged!

user posted image

I hope you like it!

...and with that, my request slots are empty! I'll keep posting stuff in this thread even if I don't get requests, because I love getting feedback and critique on my art.