TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

It's very depressing to read this thread when everyone is Holly searching (me included) and the only people that seem to have caught any, have caught two x_X

I can barely even see them. I think there's a delay in my internet loading because all the holidays are gone by the time it loads. I've been testing on the holidays that I already have and I only rarely get the message that I am at the breed limit, meaning that I can't even catch the more populous holidays (if I wasn't breed limited of course).

Well, I'm off to bed. Crossing fingers that I have better luck another day

I thought I was a good clicker. I was wrong. Oh, how I was wrong... xd.png

I may have to rely on the kindness of other's hearts to get me a Holly, although I'm going to keep trying anyway!

Every time I see a Christmas Egg wall in the AP, "Duel of Fates" plays in my head xd.png

omg i got 4 PMs with gifts! thank you guys so muuuuchhhhh <33333333333333333333333333333333333

I've missed so many hollies it's unbelievable, well I'm taking a brake even with my index finger locked on the f5 button it's still not enough when competing with close to a 1000 other people, hope yall enjoying trampeling over each other over pixels because im packing it in for the night.

Has anyone seen a shadow walker x yulebuck pair yet? D8 Wondering if it'd work~

Well, I saw a Shadowalker x Ribbon Dancer pair.

Oh, and BTW, if you're having trouble grabbing from the AP, you might want to check the departure Announcement thread. I've seen a few x-mas eggs being offered there.

Edited by DarkLadyNyara

I think I will have to wait on more Holly hunting until after I get some sleep. I've seen 9-10 (and I just missed two), but they keep passing me by.

Would someone please be willing to PM this Christmas egg noob. I'm not sure if I should wait to add them to fansites now or later. I'm also wondering if they grow up faster than regular dragons. smile.gif

Thanks for the help!

And congrats to all the successful Holly catchers!!

You're being too hopeful, but thanks. I only need one as well...PM me if you like, and we'll chat.

Well, I'm gone to bed. I'm going to be a wreck anyways now since I'll only get three hours of sleep before work at BEST...

Yeah, I'm known for being too optimistic at tmes ^-^;

Good night anyway, I'll drop a pm sometime.

know I got no hope of getting a holly - But I did manage to get my 2 ribbons and a yulebuck - yay.

happy catching all

It is when you see so many at once, though you know you wont get one b/c theres like a 1000 people on at once and the lag doesn't make it any better :/ but thats the way the boat rows but Lady Luck comes around eventually biggrin.gif

Aaand the no Holly depression is kicking in. lD Saw at least 20, missed all of them. Now I'm not seeing any more of them and I know it's only the first night, but I have no optimism left in me.

You're not the only one... I've seen MANY. But.. missed all. D: But, I still have optimism.

Seems the hunt for the elusive "you know what dragon" wink.gif brings out the worst in me. I'm usually quite an optimistic person, but hunting the fourth year (X-mas) for the holly and with 900 people in the AP... I feel somewhat discouraged. When holly eggs finally show up they seem to be long gone (You know the "Try as you might..." message).

I'm glad for all the players who caught one or two and a big thank you to all breeders. Give me an hour or two (and a fresh cup of coffee) and I might be my optimistic, usual self.

And of course I will breed my Christmas Dragons later this day. smile.gif

Good luck everyone.

Edited by counselor

AGH! 3 Hollies on the AP at the same time and I accidentally refresh the page! DX

Then again, I probably would have missed them anyway...

Edited by Lord X-Giga-X

Oh I'm going to have to be at this for hours! xd.png Im terrible with the AP page but I CANT miss a Holly for a third year! Good luck everyone!

Someone asked earlier what today's christmas story is based off.

Here is the answer.

Nothing. It's a satire \o/ Giggle away my DC friends.

I'm one of those people who are both optimistic and pessimistic at the same time. That's what's going on here.

Me: I'm never going to get a Holly. D:

Me: But I'm going to keep trying anyway! biggrin.gif

Me: Even though there's just no hope at all. D':

Me: BUT YOU NEVER KNOW! :DDDDDDDDDD

xd.png

Lucky ducks! I haven't even seen a holly. x3

Congrats to anyone who has caught anything and good luck to those hunting!

I loved your story, Walker. :3

"Try as you might, you cannot seem to find the egg you are looking for in the abandoned area. "

The Dragon Cave Rickroll

I have missed over 30 Hollies and I'm too sick to stay up even one minute more, so yeah. I give up.

Good luck to everyone searching for one.