TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

STARS

STARS EVERYWHERE

SPARKLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, there are random stars and snowflakes all over my wreath... heh

Does anyone know if after Christmas we will still be able to decorate our wreaths or will they be locked like our trees are?

I imagine that after a certain date they will be locked, but I have no idea of when that is.

Love the new looks on the Pygmy's, all the Stripes, the now black Embers and Golds.

Edited by Jedi40

Oh, this waiting is really starting to get unbearable! At least I can keep altering my wreath to pass the time.

about the new golden ordaments..I play piano, my older siser plays violen and the oldest sister plays frenchhorn!! and my dad used to play saxaphone. Ok thats too creepy!

Edited by libby2999

I really appreciate the event, but this is the first time I am able to log in in about a week. Because of a computer virus I have a partial wreath that's only going to remind me of the thing. Is there a way to delete it? I would rather have mine removed so I don't have to be reminded about it each time I log in.

There are still several days of wreath ornaments left to earn - I wouldn't at all be surprised if there were 12 days total. You've only missed 4 days and your wreath icon at the top of your scroll might still reach the final stage.

And even if it doesn't reach the final stage, it will definitely get at least a bow and who knows what else? So it's not going to remain a simple green circle as long as you keep coming back for the rest of the event. Don't give up! Try to relax and enjoy the rest of the event. Remember, there's going to be people who miss out on many more days, and people who will miss the event all together. You're still part of the revelers!

What are the pygmies?

the yellow pygmies are meant to be turtle doves, i believe :3

Edited by ParticleSoup

The pygmies kinda remind me of a partridge without the pare tree tongue.gif Or maybe they're turtle doves. Or French hens... or calling birds tongue.gif

They're turtle doves, said (erm... I forget who, Fizzix or Thuban) in the IRC today.

the yellow pygmies are meant to be turtle doves, i believe :3

GREAT GOOGLEY MOOGLEY THEY ARE!

Many thanks for clearing that up.

Again, BEST. DC CHRISTMAS. EVER.

I probably didn't know that because I've never seen a Turtle Dove before. xd.png

I only figured it out by wikipedia'ing it.

The pygmies kinda remind me of a partridge without the pare tree tongue.gif Or maybe they're turtle doves. Or French hens... or calling birds tongue.gif

I knew it tongue.gif

They're turtle doves, said (erm... I forget who, Fizzix or Thuban) in the IRC today.

The pygmy "turtle doves" look really good against the dark portal skin background.

Is it time to start worrying about forum lag yet? xd.png Only five hours until I get mah Christmas eggies!

Man, bag pipes, turtle doves, drums, hens, I wonder where the milk maids are hiding tongue.gif

Yep, Pygmies are Turtle Doves. My computer screen is starting to go, but my intent for the embers was for them to be practically black with green markings... unfortunately green is not a very cooperative colour for me these days. (Five year old laptop and whatnot.)

Embers were changed because the decorated versions were submitted without permission.

And I didn't do the hatchies for the pygmies, I didn't think it necessary.

I probably didn't know that because I've never seen a Turtle Dove before. xd.png

We have tobacco doves here. They're very similar.

Of course, the recolour makes my pygmy's name a little odd!

(Forums went down for me...)

Is it time to start worrying about forum lag yet? xd.png Only five hours until I get mah Christmas eggies!

I've been bothered by forum lag all day. Dx

Edited by Saloiq

Yep, Pygmies are Turtle Doves.

Unfortunately, now they fall in the class of dressed up dragons that I do not want to see changed back. They are just so lovely!!!! biggrin.gif It will make them even more special for now as I know they won't stay.

We have tobacco doves here. They're very similar.

Of course, the recolour makes my pygmy's name a little odd!

(Forums went down for me...)

Yep, mine, too, since except for one they are all named for orange vegetables. But then the one named Silver Trophy - how appropriate!

Is that a bagpipe that the female Springs are holding?

I hope that the Wiki will have all these costume dragons listed. They are so cute!

EDIT: I see that they are on the Wiki.

Edited by Classycal

Yep, mine, too, since except for one they are all named for orange vegetables. But then the one named Silver Trophy - how appropriate!

Is that a bagpipe that the female Springs are holding?

I hope that the Wiki will have all these costume dragons listed. They are so cute!

Yes. It is a bagpipe.