TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

I love the new ornament set. Like many, I couldn't resist making a band...

I'm also completely reconciled with the raffle by now. I felt sorry that there was no contest this year, but it's just so much fun to start from scratch on my wreath every day and to be completely careless about it. Nobody to please but me.

Lol, I love your band design. xd.png

Yeah, I like that there's no contest this year so we can just have fun with the decorations.

sad.gif  Someone cooked my chickens.

*looks suspiciously at Hellfire and Red dragons*

I wonder how you participate? :/ And i bet this event will own tongue.gif

You participate by reading the stories and picking up the wreath decorations. You don't have to read each day, although I think you get more raffle tickets if you do.

You participate by reading the stories and picking up the wreath decorations. You don't have to read each day, although I think you get more raffle tickets if you do.

Awesome tongue.gif, I hope i win >.> even though my chance is 1/1000000 :/

EVERYTHING ABOUT DC DURING THE HOLIDAYS MAKES ME HAPPY.

i am so excited for christmas eggs. i don't even CARE about holly eggs lol. i would love a ribbon dancer best of all. definitely searching for THOSE.

i love LOVE love the idea of a raffle and the wreath decorating has been great! big love to the spriters and to the illustrators of the stories!

Such lovely gold decorations today - I think I shall be re-vamping my wreath to incorporate some of them.

As much as I'd love to think I could snag a Holly, I know I won't be able to - in fact I doubt I'll even see one. I didn't last year - but then I'm five hours ahead of Cave Time.

Good luck, however, to all in their hunting for any Christmas dragon.

you might see a lot more this year, than last year. remember last year, teleport wasn't implemented yet, and owners of held eggs could gift all of theirs away with the get/code trick. now that that's been disabled, i'm sure many more hollies will be flying through the AP this year. don't give up hope! :3

Edited by ParticleSoup

Im loving this <3

I cant wait to see the new toys for the wreaths each day :3

I <3 my wreath at the moment, and i need MOAR TOYS biggrin.gif

And the dragons dressing up are beautiful <3

-Ra

This event look very nice, love the wreath decorations! biggrin.gif

BTW, how do you get the holiday dragons? I'm new here. -.-

The new eggs will drop in the biomes on the 25th.

Yes, you need to read the story on the day it comes out to get the ornaments.

Haha I love this event so far! laugh.gif I mean, sure I was a few days late, but at least the competition of decorating the wreaths and all isn't a competition at all... it's just for fun. And I just enjoy decorating the wreath again and again! As for the dragons, imagine my surprise when I turned on my scroll the first day and saw that my first purple looked a little... different. laugh.gif Absolutely fantastic! The raffle sounds like loads of fun, as well. An early congrats to the very lucky winners on New Years. I'm so excited! The spriters did a fantastic job and the stories are astounding. A big thanks to everyone who worked so hard on this! smile.gif

I love the new ornament set. Like many, I couldn't resist making a band...

I'm also completely reconciled with the raffle by now. I felt sorry that there was no contest this year, but it's just so much fun to start from scratch on my wreath every day and to be completely careless about it. Nobody to please but me.

I'm great with the raffle. So many people judged so harshly last year, they weren't giving anything above a 5, or they limited themselves to one 10 out of thousands of trees.. A raffle is much more fair.

Edited by Wavelength

I'm great with the raffle. So many people judged so harshly last year, they weren't giving anything above a 5, or they limited themselves to one 10 out of thousands of trees.. A raffle is much more fair.

Plus, any kind of artwork is so subjective.

So even if people didn't vote harshly they could end up giving a three or four to a tree someone else would give an eight or nine to.

I also think the raffle is so much fairer and more in keeping with the spirit of the season.

As much as I'd love to think I could snag a Holly, I know I won't be able to - in fact I doubt I'll even see one. I didn't last year - but then I'm five hours ahead of Cave Time.

Same here. Not only six hours ahead of cave time but also working full-time (and much too often overtime). Hence I don't have much time to hunt the AP. I'm already amazed that the only sprites still missing on my scroll after three years are the Gold dragon and the Holly dragon, I'm happy and thankful that I managed to get everything else (not counting neglected dragons) so far, but I gave up hope regarding a Gold or Holly. But that's ok, it's just a game after all. Happy hunting to everyone! smile.gif

Can you only get the decorations of a story by reading it on the day it's put on the site..?

Yes - you must read the story on the day it comes out in order to get the decorations for that day.

I am hoping that a few of the the dragons can be made into Alts... the Geodes, ridgewings, Skywings, Whiptails and Horses are lovely, and i would love to keep them as is...

I totally love today's new decorations! Fantastic colour! I might have to change the general concept I planned to go with completely. biggrin.gif

With so much great new stuff arriving each day it will take a long while until I declare that wreath finished! *g*

Oh, and I also love the raffle system. I think it's fair. The voting last year was nice, but it was, as someone already said, also highly subjective. So yay for the raffle!

Oh the ridgewings look gorgeous! Every dragon does actually. Thank you everyone!

Decorations are gorgeous too :3 It fits in just perfectly ^__^

My seasonal Winter dragon just looks like her name now - Ice Queen - she's beautiful.

I've just realized that when my chick grows up, she's going to go from chick to dinner immediately! ohmy.gif

I've just realized that when my chick grows up, she's going to go from chick to dinner immediately! ohmy.gif

Poor chicken sad.gif I guess the Reds, Magmas, etc. want dinner early? ^^;

you might see a lot more this year, than last year. remember last year, teleport wasn't implemented yet, and owners of held eggs could gift all of theirs away with the get/code trick. now that that's been disabled, i'm sure many more hollies will be flying through the AP this year. don't give up hope! :3

I sure hope so, I'd love to finally get one! smile.gif

It sounds like with these changes if a Holly gives 4 eggs each they'll be quite a few appearing on the AP! *crosses fingers*

I love the new decorations! So pretty and shiny /)o3o(\

I really hope the mint dragons dress up soon.

I'm really happy that even more dragons are dressing up for christmas, even though my amphiteres, moonstone and ochredrake did not change design yet. And I looked at the other people's wreaths and I loved them, I personally think I did a good job with mine.

I lolled at the roasted chicken *looks at my ember*