TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

They killed and roasted Murgi! My pet chicken! Now how will the little dragons play pin the tail on the chicken??!

You mean the black ornament? That don't look very rainbow like to me.

I think she means the black ornaments and the rainbow ornaments. wink.gif

I think she means the black ornaments and the rainbow ornaments. wink.gif

Ohh. I'm having one tough time getting my pages to load so maybe those was the ones that didn't load up. The forums work fine the site itself really really slow.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Infinis was kind enough to write us up a guide!

~How to Decorate Your Wreath~

1. At the top of your scroll and on the main page of the DC site, it says "The 2011 Holiday event is now available." Click on the words "now available" to access the event. You will be taken to the event place: http://dragcave.net/holidays11

2. Click on the book cover that appears when you get there to open it. When you open it, you should see a list of stories (a table of contents) that have appeared so far.

3. Click the titles of the stories and read through them. To collect all the decorations you will need to visit each story. A new story will appear daily for 12 days.

4. Once you're done reading the day's story, head back to the table of contents page by clicking the link in the upper right corner of the right-hand story page. Scroll down to the bottom of the table of contents and you will see "WREATH DECORATING" written. Click on that.

5. Once you click on the wreath you will be taken to a page where a large wreath is. You will notice as you go to the bottom of this page that there are tiles that contain pictures, the decorations, on them.

6. To get any decoration on the wreath, you must click on a decoration's tile. Once you click on the tile the decoration will appear on the wreath. You CANNOT drag the tiles themselves to the wreath!

7. And that's it :3 Merry Christmas and have fun decorating your wreaths!

"6. To get any decoration on the wreath, you must click on a decoration's tile. Once you click on the tile the decoration will appear on the wreath. You CANNOT drag the tiles themselves to the wreath!"

Sorry, that's not quite the way it appears to be working.....clicking on an ornament puts it in a 'list' at the top left of the Wreath. You then drag the ornament to the Wreath. If you drag to an area outside the Wreath, I think it disappears.

"6. To get any decoration on the wreath, you must click on a decoration's tile. Once you click on the tile the decoration will appear on the wreath. You CANNOT drag the tiles themselves to the wreath!"

Sorry, that's not quite the way it appears to be working.....clicking on an ornament puts it in a 'list' at the top left of the Wreath. You then drag the ornament to the Wreath. If you drag to an area outside the Wreath, I think it disappears.

Yes, what you described is what happens. :3

I think that Marrionetta meant to say that they appear at the top left hand corner of the wreath decorating area boundary.

Also, don't forget to go to the thread below and thank everyone who helped with this event! biggrin.gif

Give A Holiday Thank You to the Spriters Ect.

Edited by miladyz

Just saw the Chickens xd.png

HILARIOUS.

And the Zombies. And the Tinsels xd.png

AND the Dinos :3

Edit #3: The BBWs changed ohmy.gif

Edited by SPQR

All the new sprites are epic, but the new BBW kinda... isn't the best.

Just saw the Chickens xd.png

HILARIOUS.

And the Zombies. And the Tinsels xd.png

AND the Dinos :3

OMG I almost didn't notice those, though I saw the Dinos! I totally lol'd. The Zombies are hilarious. I love all the changes! So festive!!

Edit #3: The BBWs changed ohmy.gif

I saw this too! I really liked the gold and red BBW's! sad.gif Not that the Santa bikini tops aren't a total riot. xd.png

Everything is looking lovely. My ungendered Pink ferret hatchling had an identity crisis, though, with the newest sprite update... for some reason my computer decided it was an adult purple nebula until I slapped it around with a hard refresh. My system must have forgotten that it's not Samhain anymore, to be playing tricks.

I like the bikini on the BBW. But I still want to keep the leucistic Skywings and the Cinnamon Snaptails.

I've just added the Guardian recolor to my favorites from this event! Many, many thanks to all involved in making this the best DC Christmas so far biggrin.gif .

*look at the chicken*

*look at LBD's scroll*

Muwaaahaaahahaahaaa...

OMG my poor roasted chicken! LOL That is both entertaining and disturbing. Having just gotten him and feeling inspired I decided to name him Roast only to discover that that along with all the other chicken puns I could think of were already taken. sad.gif

I love my frozen pillow hatchling and the Green Dragon with his stocking he wants filled up NOW!!!

biggrin.gif

this is 10 shades of awesome - thank you so much for the spriters who do teh festive dragons - your are doing an amazing job - it otally made my morning biggrin.gif

Also...first time I regret to not have dinos and chickens xd.png *ponders to rethink the standpoint of: it is DRAGONncave I collect dragons*...they are just too adorable biggrin.gif

Oh my....took a lot to keep my giggles down especially when I checked out other people's zombies....Dear lord I can see why one would consider them fruitcake. and the chickens...*sighs and grins* well, folks, there's your Christmas dinner...sorry...bad of me...over all, I had tons of muffled giggles.

Thank you lots for those giggles =)

The chickens and the yellow dino look awesome! And as the colors of the crystal dragon are so different and strong, these look beautiful!

PLEASE TJ let there be an option to keep these around!!! The Pillows are sooooo awesome!!!

Also: How do you get involved in this raffle...I am still a bit confused.