TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

decorating the wreath is so much fun wub.gif I especially am in love with those beautiful red flowers

Loving the holiday sprites- they brought a smile to my face when I saw them.

Thank you!

I was having so much fun decorating my wreath that I completely forgot there are going to be more decorations D8

Guess I'll just keep playing with the new ones as they come out and replace the old ones if they work better xd.png

I use IE9 and at first I couldn't get my ornaments to move either. Then I realized something... the page was taking a looooooooooooooong time to load. Once the page was fully loaded and I clicked several times on the first ornament I tried moving, everything started working just fine. So it would seem that patience is the key to using IE.

And I just want to say again, I want to KEEP the new Skywing (minus the little wreath). It is just so elegant in the gold/white color scheme.

Ditto for keeping the dimorphism for the Tangars.

I am curious tho.. one of my ALT Blacks isn't dressed up.. just one. It's also the one that isn't sorted with the others.. the undressed Scrooge ALT is a Mayfair lineage dragon, which I have all my Mayfairs sorted together regardless of breed. It just seems weird that ONE dragon isn't playing with the others, because all the others that should be dressed up are, even tho they aren't always sorted by breed. It's just that one ALT black... and for the record, refresh nor hard refresh, made any difference.

Repost, since it got overlooked...

CREDITS LIST:

Writers:

Day 1: Wynni

Item: Particlesoup user posted image

How does one achieve such an item? :V

Edited by Kanakha

This, I believe, is the most involved event that I've been to. I'd like to stress keeping the gold Skywing. We have no yellow dragons, and this would make a nice addition. :3 Maybe we can choose to keep one Skywing alt as our prize if we win the raffle? Just a suggestion. smile.gif

So effort won't be playing a role when it comes to decision? That is a pity I find ;o;

I agree. I wasn't one of the winners last year, but it made me feel good to know that I tried my best. It made me feel good to know that if I spent more time decorating my tree, it probably gave me a better chance of getting higher votes and possibly winning.

This year, it's completely random and there isn't anything I can do to give myself a better chance of winning, aside from logging in everyday, which is hardly an advantage since thousands of other people are going to do that as well. At least last year, someone could give themselves a better chance by coming up with a creative idea or spending more time making their tree perfect.

When I win something, I like to win it because I tried hard, not because I was randomly selected. For next year's prize dragons, please consider returning to a contest format. It doesn't have to be an art contest but please please please don't just randomly select the winners. If they're randomly selected it doesn't really mean anything at all.

I'm going to look forward to stories! Great wreath event and love the festive sprites. Thanks and well done.

Simply amazing *-* I was just scrolling down my Dragons page and saw my Balloons... I'm in love with the White's Christmas look!!

One quick question, how do I participate in the "raffle"?

Oooh!! My lovelies are all dressed up for Christmas! Thank you so much, spriters! :wub:They look lovely! Every single one of them! I'm so taking screenies to remember this by!

Oooohhh, my dragons are Christmassy!

I love it!

My book isn't loading quite right at the moment. But the story loaded fine. I'll check back later to see if the Table of Contents has fixed itself.

Great work TJ and everyone. This is fun!

Must go wander and try to find the few dragons I don't have to see if they look different...

I believe it's a cornucopia.

I always thought of cornucopias as something much harder, whatever my dragons holding looks cloth-ish

I was having a problem with the...uh...yeah, I fail. '-_- ...one of the sides of my wreath not showing up through the trophy, but it's fixed now! smile.gif I am TOTALLY staying up until 12 AM tonight! xd.png

Oh look, the regular blacks are dressed up now too!

And the Horse Dragons too! They look sooo awesome! That shading *drools*

Edited by becrux

Oh, yeah. What is that on the Shadow Walker's head? I can't figure it out. It looks a bit like a plant, but I'm not sure.

I am LOVING the continuing addition of sprite decorations/costumes/alternate colors! It's so fun to refresh pages and have new pretty or cute embellishments show up. Lovely, lovely work, spriters - thanks for all you've put into this! :D