TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

Thanks so much to TJ and his stuff of wonderful artists. The "decorated" dragons look so amazing. I love the whiptail in red. smile.gif

One question, if it hasn't been asked already....WHEN does this "12 days" event start? TJ's post doesn't say the date. Just the date for the event dragon breeding and the new dragon.

So, when does this event start? I work so need to know when to pay attention.

One question, if it hasn't been asked already....WHEN does this "12 days" event start? TJ's post doesn't say the date. Just the date for the event dragon breeding and the new dragon.

It has started. Go to your scroll and you'll see the header and links to begin.

I love the dragons, especially the Skywings! Now I wish I could keep them like that!! The Balloons are great, and I love the ones with Christmas lights wrapped around them.

I think the raffle is a good idea. I think a lot of people who put so much effort into their trees last year but didn't get fair votes will appreciate the random method instead, I know I will.

Thank you to everyone who worked on this.

The event starts today- you can access the story book from the front page of the cave.

It has begun! Go to the main cave and you'll see bolded text at the top.

Or from your account page you'll see a wreath and clicking on that takes you to the story book.

First day's story is gorgeous. <3 I love this year's event so far.

I think my favorite dressed-up dragons are the Pillows and Skywings, plus the male vampires because they made me giggle.

Wow, the skywing dress-ups are gorgeous! And I wonder if the male sunsets will keep their dashing new shading. Probably not, sigh. Thanks though, spriters. Cx

EDIT: omuguh gender-differentiated tangars. <3

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

Oh my.

I can't stop smiling at this whole event...and it only just started.

This update made my month. ^^

I can only get a couple of the decorations to work. I'm hoping it's a bug that gets sorted out soon.

Otherwise, YAY!

Because this way there's an actual fair chance for everyone, especially as peoples' tastes differ when it comes to decorations. This is equal; you have one chance for every day you visit. The other wasn't, especially when some trees glitched and suddenly wound up with all the ornaments and things on them even after someone spent a lot of time decorating. I would know. My tree was one of the ones that flipped out after I submitted it.

^This smile.gif I think it's great everyone who at least is being active on the site everyday have a chance now to get a tinsel!

Hmm, the right half of the decorated wreaths have vanished. Everyone who has decorated so fas has incomplete wreaths.

Wow, love the dress-ups! They're amazing! I noticed something weird though; when I go to change sort order-->custom sort, some hatchlings (like my electric & crimson flare hatchies) are dressed up. But on my scroll they're still plain.

Anyways, can barely contain my excitement for my second DC holiday biggrin.gif

im loving all the dressed up dragons xd.png especially the pillows and skywings.

the balloon as santa claus is really adorable too xd.png

the first story is totally sweet =3 and yay a new chance at CB prize dragons =D that is so awesome thanks TJ for such an awesome event xd.png

FOR THOSE WHO were not on IRC.

Prizes are as following:

- Old Prize/Tinsel dragons are distributed

1st place, 2nd place, third place

- Runner up prizes: i.e. the same as Honourable mention last year (i.e. choose anything including CB Hollies etc.)

TJ09 Moonlightelf, same distribution as last year.

17:41 Moonlightelf Alrighty.

17:41 Sun Ohhh...kay xd.png

17:41 Xylene -shrug- I guess we should also toss the "Are we allowed custom codes?" question on the pile.

17:41 kerri so do we definitely know that they're tinsels again? o.O

17:42  *** Antarctica left #dc

17:42 Painter o.o Why wouldn't there be tinsels?

17:42 Grishiu I think they'll be tinsels

17:42 TJ09 kerri, nope, just that there's 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and runner up.

Edited by DarkEternity

I noticed something weird though; when I go to change sort order-->custom sort, some hatchlings (like my electric & crimson flare hatchies) are dressed up. But on my scroll they're still plain.

That's happening to me too. I didn't even know the Balloon hatchlings had reindeer outfits until I saw a screenshot someone posted. ohmy.gif

woot!! thanks!!!

umm i cant seem to move any of the ornaments to the wreath... any one else have that problem??

nvm i didnt read xd.png

Edited by pirya19

omg omg omg my pretty little pinks look gorgeous! biggrin.gif

I'm sure everyone can recognize what my wreath is supposed to be.

That's right, it's a Mongolian Death worm ahahaha... hah.

Chopped in half, of course. By a bigger Mongolian Death worm.

Edited by Nine