TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

I think the holly is cursed. Someone was going to trade me one but they forgot they had promised it to someone else. It has been cursed by a terrible start and will more than likley be cursed by a terrible future. sad.gif

Must pay attention... xd.png

I'd put on rock music to get me pumped up, but my computer can't handle youtube and dragcave at the same time. It can hardly handle dragcave. dry.gif

ummmmm but arnt they like 2 per scroll?

Yeah. At worst, if my pairs only give me two holiday's total for each breed, then that could mean that one person with whatever magic they have can snatch away all six of the eggs I release, meaning only one person gets gifted. If I could control my gifting, then I could give up to six people an egg.

No, I'm not breeding them so that a few people will get all of them. I wish I could control who gets what I breed but I can't. This would be a terrible event if it were like Halloween. That one's bad enough with no limits(I know some people who, through IOU's, have 17+ of those Phanthom dragons from this year). I spend that holiday gifting to people who have nothing. And I can control who gets gifts(so no hoarders get them).

Anyways, back to hunting...

I'm not following the 'not breeding them so that a few people will get all of them' train of thought? I bred all my Christmas dragons, sent 12 eggs to the AP, none were picked up by the same people. 12 people that I'm sure where very grateful for them.

Yeah, and those people with 17+ paid dearly for them, by trading with other users. It's not like they were out there snatching Shadows from the AP away from slower clickers.

Edit: With Teleport, it's impossible to 'Get Code' any eggs anymore.

Edited by Draco Knight

I wouldn't worry too much about there not being anymore Hollies, you guys. I'm sure some users are waiting for Christmas day to breed theirs :3

smile.gif I'm completely sure there are such people and let's hope they're many so that some of us new or not can grab an unexpected gift in DC

Caught one Holly about 13hrs ago, after refreshing and clicking till I thought my eyes were going to fall out of my head, lol. Finally went to bed about 7am cavetime.

I just wish my finger would behave and click faster, so that I could gift a couple, but it's not listening to me!! xd.png

Wondering what you would actually have to do to get a Holly. I have been playing since Oct 22, 2008 and I still have no Holly. ohmy.gif

A GOLD! A GOLD IN THE AP! JUST NOW! Didn't catch it of course.

Edited by RotomGuy

Wondering what you would actually have to do to get a Holly. I have been playing since Oct 22, 2008 and I still have no Holly. ohmy.gif

I've been here since Jul 08 and I don't have one either. Eventually we'll get one!

Must pay attention... xd.png

I'd put on rock music to get me pumped up, but my computer can't handle youtube and dragcave at the same time. It can hardly handle dragcave. dry.gif

That's why I have the new Nightwish album on winamp laugh.gif

I had to get up at midnight (and it really was midnight for me, too) and stalk the AP. I think I was incredibly fortunate to catch one in only about 20 minutes.

One thing that I think helped me was that since my computer was being slow, I was able to click all the holly eggs that appeared simultaneously in the AP before the page changed to show me the "You can't find the egg you're looking for" message. The holly I managed to snag didn't actually show me the Getcode page; I had to go to my scroll to know I'd actually gotten it.

I have been trying since when Hollies were CB. Of course back then I was inexperienced with DC and didn't realize that they were special Christmas dragons. Paying for it now... T_T

Well, I'd play my MP3, but I lost the charger cord, so I'm trying to save the battery. Aww, no 12 Pains of Christmas for me. D: xd.png

That's why I have the new Nightwish album on winamp laugh.gif

NIGHTWISH HAS A NEW ALBUM?!!?!? ohmy.gif

*rushes off to listen to a few tracks*

Hey, are the Hollies limited to 2 per scroll? The wiki doesn't say...

Yep, only two per scroll like the other Christmas dragons and the Valentine dragons smile.gif

Man, these holly's are putting me in a bad mood.

Your not the only one. I saw a gold, and while distracted, a holly wizzed by >_<

Hey, are the Hollies limited to 2 per scroll? The wiki doesn't say...

Yes. All Christmas and Valentine dragons are limited to two per breed per scroll.