TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

This is fun! CanI please please please keep one of each type of dragon in permanent Christmas mode? tongue.gif

Oh, quick note - I've put a few decorations on my Wreath, just to see how it looked. They all show up when I view it from inside my scroll, but viewed as I would someone else scroll only a few show.

Are there only 2 pages to the story of "Matchstick" so far?

And OMG, I LOVE the pillow dragon decorations!!! I want to keep them like this forever! biggrin.gif lol

Two pages? I only see the table of contents and then one page of the story huh.gif

Anyone else notice the pose of the male tangar? If we can't keep some of the pretty sprites, can we at least keep the new tangar pose?

Holy Crap! Christmas Skywings are the best Skywings!

Edit: The hams are punny as well.

Edited by Amut un Rama

Anyone else notice the pose of the male tangar? If we can't keep some of the pretty sprites, can we at least keep the new tangar pose?

I didn't notice. xd.png I really like it, I hope it stays Christmas. biggrin.gif

I was just about the say the same thing! The males look awesome! biggrin.gif

I don't understand. Why are the prizes being raffled off instead of being given to the wreaths which receive the highest votes? It seems so much more fair to give them out based on the outcome of an actual competition rather than give them out randomly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone could simply read the new story each day and receive the decorations, then do a shoddy job of decorating their wreath (or not decorate it at all), and still win? Randomly?

Oh, quick note - I've put a few decorations on my Wreath, just to see how it looked. They all show up when I view it from inside my scroll, but viewed as I would someone else scroll only a few show.

Happens to me too huh.gif

Also happens when you view other peoples' scrolls.

Are there only 2 pages to the story of "Matchstick" so far?

And OMG, I LOVE the pillow dragon decorations!!! I want to keep them like this forever!  lol 

How do I view the other page? blink.gif

Each new sprite I see I can't help but think, "Awwwwww /)^3^(\" I wish we could keep the dress-up sprites permanently with the originals tongue.gif I still say the Pillows, White and Nebula are my favorite ones so far :3 The little "reindeer" Balloon hatchies are cute too xd.png I can't wait to read tomorrow's story and see what other decorations there are happy.gif

I was just about the say the same thing! The males look awesome! biggrin.gif

I was wondering why they looked different! Srsly, some of these dragons are worth keeping around. I love the red Whiptails too.

I don't understand. Why are the prizes being raffled off instead of being given to the wreaths which receive the highest votes? It seems so much more fair to give them out based on the outcome of an actual competition rather than give them out randomly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but someone could simply read the new story each day and receive the decorations, then do a shoddy job of decorating their wreath (or not decorate it at all), and still win? Randomly?

Well, it does give kids a better chance at winning this year. My children did their best, and I thought their trees looked great, but they were never going to be able to compete against actual adult artists. :-)

I think it's nice that prizes can be won in multiple different ways. Last year was art, this year is luck, next year maybe there'll be a spelling bee and I'll finally have a CB prize on my scroll, LOL! :-D

I have now and I really love it and hope it stays that way afterword.But if not then it was not to be.

Happens to me too huh.gif

Also happens when you view other peoples' scrolls.

I think it shows only one half of the decorations, at least that's what's happening with mine..

Because practically everyone voted 1 for everyone's tree. Also, there were enormous complaints.

I don't see any problem with a raffle. Everyone starts out on an even base then by participarting in the christmas events, you have a chance to earn more tickets.

So from the sounds of it active = better chance of winning a prize.

Nothing unfair about that.

OHMYGOD. The dress-ups are so cute! QuQ

Anyways can't do much other than skim the layout of this event until tomorrow, can't see what else it entails.

Because this way there's an actual fair chance for everyone, especially as peoples' tastes differ when it comes to decorations. This is equal; you have one chance for every day you visit. The other wasn't, especially when some trees glitched and suddenly wound up with all the ornaments and things on them even after someone spent a lot of time decorating. I would know. My tree was one of the ones that flipped out after I submitted it.

Because practically everyone voted 1 for everyone's tree. Also, there were enormous complaints.

to be fair I saw quite a few trees that were a mess... and had way to many ornaments piled onto them...

No! No more contests. Please. At least this method will be truly random, unlike the subjectivity problems the contest last year caused. Though I think 50 is too low a number of winners, based on just how many users this forum has alone. Total membership as of this post is 131,512 people. 50 dragons means that only 0.0004% (0.0003801% rounded up)of the members of the forum are going to get anything. Everyone has a better shot of winning the state lottery. So no, don't add to those already s*censorkip.gif odds by adding art appreciation to the mess.