Dragonhatchling

Once Upon A Time

Second episode of the new season. Still a bit disappointed that they copied from Frozen so directly, every element that has appeared looked nearly just like the movie, just without the stylization the CGI brings. When compared to how they did thing in earlier seasons, like the Beauty and the Beast, it seems too much like product placement and/or a lack of imagination or even just pure lazyness.

On the story itself, not sure how I feel about it so far, I think what is coming up looks like it might be good however. I do hope Regina can find a way to change the book without hurting others. In a way, I actually do sort of agree with her plan, the book does seem to be actively working against her, and if changing it can be done without harming anyone or their "happy endings", then more power to her.

Edited by Nectaris

I'm really excited that the new season has started and I do feel bad for Hook, he's slowly starting to become a secondary character just hanging out in the back ground. The only time he's needed is when the writer's want to have him do something otherwise we'll be seeing less of Hook.

Another, thing, my idea for Narnia was shot down. I think it would have been better if Elsa as a child went to Narnia and visited the White Witch to control her powers a lot better, but then somehow, the White Witch put a spell on her, forcing Elsa to use her powers for evil and send her into Storybrooke to conquer Earth but is thwarted by Emma and the others. Four of the main characters had to go into Narnia and defeat the White Witch so they could free Elsa and bring harmony to both Earth and Narnia.

But no, the producers said it was getting to tiresome having one half of the cast in one realm and the other half in another. I can understand that, I get it, but to copy the story directly...it feels like it's kind of cheating.

NO! NO! NO! NO! I swear if they kill Hook, they are going to get some hate mail from me!

I love the series! My favourite episode was when Snow White became evil and tried to kill the queen. smile.gif Also I have the hugest crush on captain Hook. He's perfect. wub.gif

New episode! So far, I am liking the way this season is headed a lot more than the last.

Hope posting this here is okay- I'm trying to drum up some publicity.

I'm currently going through each episode of Once Upon a Time again in order to pass the time before season five premieres and posting my analyses of each episode up on my blog, Tome & Flick Corner. I would appreciate a bit of feedback from other fans of the show.

*bump*

Season premier was Sunday!!! Anyone watch? What'd you think?

I am very, very, very excited about this whole "Dark Swan" thing. Emma with darkness inside her is an interesting concept for me, and I like that she seemed to want to fight it, not give in. I love Zelena, she is batcrap crazy as usual, and although I've never seen Brave I like the character of Merida so far. She's spunky.

I saw it. I don't know if Meridia will be featuring in other episodes, or if she is a one-episode guest star. I didn't care for Zelena when she first appeared, but I am starting to like her more.

So looking forward to this season biggrin.gif Will be watching Ep 1 at some point in the next few days when Lover is back.

Dark Swan is ... interesting. poor Regina tho, chick just can't get a break unsure.gif

Regina is by far my fav character, along with Hook & Rumple

Finished what's on Netflix and WHOA. Interesting season. Very interesting. Can't wait to see how things pan out now that Swan is the Big Evil One. Soooo neat.

Lover and I just watched the first episode in season five - glad to see Regina is still as sassy as ever biggrin.gif

So, I love this season right now. It has a lot of twists and plots like Nimue being the First Dark One? Wow. Didn't see that coming. Along with Arthur being a villain instead of a hero? My favorite character is still Hook. Not sure about Rumple anymore, but I like Merida biggrin.gif Glad to know they haven't forgotten her

Newcomer to the series, I'm going to watch the pilot episode now. I really like the premise (big Fables fan here), so I'm having high hopes for this one. smile.gif

*pokes thread* I know it's been awhile, but the Winter Finale just aired Sunday!! Any thoughts? I have multiple friends who are seriously considering jumping ship because of this episode, and I have serious mixed emotions about it as well.

Personally the whole "Hook changes his mind" thing was a frustrating point for me, especially considering how everyone treated Regina when *she* was trying to turn around and be good, and now that Hook did the right thing this once suddenly the whole family is all gung-ho to go save him in the Underworld when that could potentially kill them for good. And don't even get me started on Rumple, omg.

Rant and Warning

So, I didn't like the fact the killed Hook off like that. Sure he WAS a villian, but Emma brought the best out in him and that's when he turned hero. She was his happy ending. Also, they brought Rumple way down in the list for me. He was turning good and I started to like him again. Then he had to go and teather the darkness back to him. I mean, come on really!? You kill Hook off just for the darkness not to be completely destroyed. UGH! Producers! What were you thinking!?

END

This show really sank it's hooks (hehe) into me! I haven't started the newest season yet but I powered through the first four. Dang! Of course, I'm a big SwanQueen supporter...heh. I adore Regina <3

Can't wait to start this newest season.

*pokes thread* I know it's been awhile, but the Winter Finale just aired Sunday!! Any thoughts? I have multiple friends who are seriously considering jumping ship because of this episode, and I have serious mixed emotions about it as well.

Personally the whole "Hook changes his mind" thing was a frustrating point for me, especially considering how everyone treated Regina when *she* was trying to turn around and be good, and now that Hook did the right thing this once suddenly the whole family is all gung-ho to go save him in the Underworld when that could potentially kill them for good. And don't even get me started on Rumple, omg.

My thoughts:

I think a lot of the thing with Hook was that he had an external influence, while, at least in the hero's eyes, Regina did everything willfully on her own. Regardless though, it felt a little too sudden. He had just gone from denouncing his love for Swan and how this was his true self, and all it takes is one memory that I felt really didn't seem to have that much relevance to make him do a 180.

Also, I could have understood Emma going to the Underworld, but I felt it somewhat ridiculous that the whole family, who had just been fighting to stay OUT of there just up and went with her for someone who was just trying to kill them.

Like you, I won't get into Rumple, other than... disappointment.

I was also disappointed in general with King Arthur being evil(a general gripe about this season). Especially as he came off as more than a little ineffectual. I think I could have been happier with him being evil if he had seemed more of threat than a side-show.

I AM glad they finally got rid of Zelena, though I have a feeling not for long. Sorry, I never liked her as a persona and a villain.

Edited by Nectaris

Nectaris:

I agree about King Arthur. I was actually very interested to see that he was evil, but then he just... disappointed. He could've been sooo much more evil, really messed things up in so many ways, so many missed opportunities.

Zelena has a baby that she (acts like she) desperately wants, so I doubt we've seen the last of her. I love her actress dearly, but the character grates on my nerves sometimes.

Another note: I don't like Belle at all. I feel as though she could do better. Instead, the producers have her: I hate you Rumple i don't want to be with you. Oh, you lied to me....again! I love you *Kisses Rumple* Her character has been so inconsistent that I really don't like her anymore. Anyone else feel that way about Belle?

Another note: I don't like Belle at all. I feel as though she could do better. Instead, the producers have her: I hate you Rumple i don't want to be with you. Oh, you lied to me....again! I love you *Kisses Rumple* Her character has been so inconsistent that I really don't like her anymore. Anyone else feel that way about Belle?

I'm similar - I love Emilie de Ravin (the actress), and I feel like Belle has a lot of potential. It's just... the writers can be rather inconsistent with her and get a bit over-the-top with the whole "she was meant for Rumple" stuff.

Just started this and I am on season 1 episode 9. I do like it so far, but I will see how interested it keeps me. Has anyone seen Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? If so, how is it?

I'm watching the show and am reaching the end of season one, but it hasn't really won me over yet - I do like the concept, so I'll stick around (for now).

Edited by stagazer_7