brisingrrider1

Dragon Quest

I LOVE Dragon Quest. It's my favorite game of all time. Anyone with me?

Hi?

Edited by ubbydubby

Dude, I was playing that back in the day on the the Gameboy Color. Then, Dragon Quest was known as Dragon Warrior. I still have those games too. xd.png

I've only ever found Dragon Quest: Swords but have been looking for any other Dragon Quest games since my friend showed me one of the old gameboy color ones... they're hard to find around here for some reason xd.png

I love 'em though, at least the three I played...

dragon Quest ish awesomez~~ the first i played was 9 and i loved it so i got 8 recently. i never heard of it being advertised but that was also a pretty awesome game though. the only issues i had was that the monsters never gave enough gold, and that the transition between areas were a bit drastic, but that was only in 8. they smoothed that out a lot in 9. In 8 you can only customize 1 person and super high tension on the hero character is awesome.... but scary..

i recommend 8 if you are a patient person. because it requires quite a bit.

Edited by kittygrl

yayz! People! 9 was the best in my opinion. I also have 6, but I hate how you can't see the monsters.

that... was another bad thing about 8... ive never played 6 but i heard it wasnt as good as 8 or 9

It isn't. I've always liked that in 9 you can see where the monsters are and what type they are before you crash into them biggrin.gif

I have the three game boy color ones. I love playing them, was actually going to pull them out, maybe I will now. I haven't beaten the one with Terry yet, will have to get going on it, lol.

I love the series. My brother bought the GBC game for me that had 1+2 in a combo catridge and been a fan since. I have most of the series installments, including the Monster games (which ironically, because i couldn't find an online game similar to DQM, I started played Dragon Cave) and Dragon Quest Joker.

Mmmmm I love this series.

It's not big in the States, sadly. I got 8 for the PS2 a few years ago and loved it, even though it took FOREVER to beat.

Nearly done with 9 for my DS now, and I really want to get 4 and 5 at some point.

OMG. This is an amazing game. I found it when surfing Red Meter games target. Red Meter is not the best host site, but I absolutely love Dragon Quest. My char's name is Lori Wolfhaven, I own a Red Goldenwing and his name is Juledias Reserexian. If any of you know how to slay a Graft Tank warrior, PLEASE PM me! I keep having to go to the hospital for injuries

Edited by MaskedDeath

xd.png Yes, it is quite stupendous. I am proud to say I officially own DQ4! Yay! Sorry MaskedDeath, I have no idea what you're talking about. ^-^'

I love Dragon Quest, I have 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9. 9 is the most recent one I've beaten, and I'll play 5 once I finish Okamiden. I really loved 4 too, and haven't played 8 yet. I missed out on 7, I wasn't in to it then, I should try to track it down if it's not super-inflated on the price.

Oh wow... I really need to add some more of them to my collection... I only have three. I've almost beaten 9... I was stuck on Corvus' second form and restarted the game due to frustration. I need to find someplace that auctions patience, I've probably restarted 9 maybe ten times already.

Corvus' second form is what made me change party roles. The previous jobs I had didn't cut it. I think I beat him with a warrior, minstrel, sage, and paladin, all no less than level 30.

I've heard 6 is underwhelming, but I still want to play it. I'm just not expecting much from it.

For Corvus... my friend eventually figured out that you have to defeat him with characters less leveled than normal... and of course me with my level 50, 51 characters failed against him.

xd.png Yes, it is quite stupendous. I am proud to say I officially own DQ4! Yay! Sorry MaskedDeath, I have no idea what you're talking about. ^-^'

I am talking about Dragon Quest! What are you talking about? I own an awesome dragon and if you know how to defeat a Graft, PM me!

I am talking about Dragon Quest! What are you talking about? I own an awesome dragon and if you know how to defeat a Graft, PM me!

Whoopsie. Well I see you have a different version of the game than me, I only own the games where your companions are humans. Therefore, I don't own an awesome dragon. *sadface*

Just checking to make sure we're discussing the same Dragon Quest... The turn-based RPG game for DS. Correct?