Quasismiles

Ancient Egypt?

Hi there....

I saw that there was no threat for this and this is what happened:

Me: *gasp*

Mom: What is it now?

Me: Oh, nothing...

So, here I am now! xd.png

ANCIENT EGYPT! It is my fascination and obsession. I made this thread to discuss it and the love of it. I love to learn a new fact about it everyday, and I thought this might be a good way. happy.gif

So, what are you doing just sitting there reading my blabber? POST!

Thankies!

O-M-G! I love ancient egypt too! actually it's the only thing in history i like (beside dinos)!!! I love mysterys and might of this culture. I love their gods (goddess bast best). I love everything! ;D

I used to research this culture back when I was a kid, now I'm far more interested in feudal Japan...

Though I'd still like to learn a bit about ancient Egypt. Anyone have any interesting facts, or a general overview?

Yes!! Ancient Egypt is by far my favourite ancient civilization.

When I was little, I used to go to the library and grab every Ancient Egypt book they had for kids.

When we studied it in high school, I did this huge in-depth presentation about Ancient Egyptian gods and the 40-day process of mummification.

And for the same class, I wrote my final essay about Ancient Egyptian writing, so it covered scribes, writing materials, and the languages found on the Rosetta Stone. SO COOL. <3

And I dressed up as Cleopatra for Halloween a few times. wink.gif

Stargate FTW!

Ahem. I mean yes. I am quite interested by (the real, historical) Ancient Egypt, not just TV/movie-inspired depictions. *g*

I have a book case full of Ancient Egypt books and my walls are covered in hieroglyphics. And I have most of the gods in plush form.

The Egyptians or the Spartans seem the most interesting to me...and since the Spartans are fairly easy to understand i like the Egyptians more wink.gif

I love Ancient Egypt so much! I really like ancient history in general.

Although you can probably guess what my favourite ancient civilisation is wink.gif

It's an interesting civilisation for sure. I studied it a bit in Year 7 and kind of liked it. :P

I'm more into Ancient Greece and Rome though. x3

Who's heard of the show Horrible Histories? We've been watching them all day in AP European History today xd.png

This one's very fitting:

I love Ancient Egypt, too. Imo most fascinating is the Pantheon; I once tried to list aaaaall the gods and goddesses and their functions and aspects... not that simple.

My favourite egyptian goddess was always Sekhmet. I wish I had the patience to learn hieroglyphs and the languages, or at least one of them.

Until a few months ago, there were also 2 egyptians gods painted on my walls, Sobek and Bastet. One of the walls in my room is very suitable for wall paintings, and since Sobek and the elven warrior (Bastet was on another wall) were overcoated, I planned to fill it with new life once I have more time. But I still don't know, if it's gonna be a landscape or maybe parts of the egyptian Pantheon. laugh.gif

Also I delved into the egyptian weaponry and armoury for a while when a friend and I planned to develope an online game based on Ancient Egypt, but we abandoned those plans for the lack of time.

I love ancient Egypt <3

Used to study them all of the time when I was younger, but they arn't as interesting as Medieval wink.gif

OMG!! I thought I was the only person that loves Ancient Egypt! I love it so much! I am going to either be a Egyptologist or an Archeologist. either way I get to study egypt. I have a Weird absetion over the Ancient egyption Gods and Goddess(s). I have so many book on it. Read the book "The Read Pyrimid". It talk's a lot about Ancient Egypt and the Gods and Goddess's.

Have any of you ever played the super old computer game named Pharaoh? smile.gif It's seriously so much fun. And it's all about ruling an ancient egypt-type world. It's my favorite PC game ever made ^^

I love ancient egypt as well ^^ thanks for the thread!

I have great interest/love of mythology and religion of ancient cultures. I got really into Egypt's when I was younger.

On a mostly unrelated note, Seth is one of my favourite summons in the SMT series happy.gif

O-M-G! I love ancient egypt too! actually it's the only thing in history i like (beside dinos)!!! I love mysterys and might of this culture. I love their gods (goddess bast best). I love everything! ;D

I must ever so super agree with you on this one.

Also, I think that the Pharo (SP) mentioned in the story of Josiph in the bible is probly the heritic king - Tut's fauther. What we know about him fits well with that biblical story.

Ancient Egypt must have been awesome. They had so much advanced knowledge lacked by other cultures. To build the pyramids? How mind blowing!

Ancient rulers, laws and such different thinking. Love the fact that they booby trapped their tombs. I don't think I'd like to have lived then. Way too short a life expectancy from either hard work or the lord's temper or from someone wanting your life. No thanks.

Mummy's though and scarebs and all the other stuff Elizabeth Peters writes about in her Amelia Peabody stories. Any of you read them? If not, try one.

The Egyptian pantheon is so different from the Greeks and Romans, but not really so different from the Native American cultures of all kinds.

What do you think about archeologists and rich ancient dig backers who had the finds taken back to his homeland. A great loss for the country in which the archeological dig occured.

I've never been a fan of Egyptian history, really. I've always found the Dark Ages , medieval history, vikings, stuff like that fascinating. Northern European stuff is really cool to me.

I've been fascinated by history for the longest time, feudal Japan and Ancient Egypt two of the big players. The topic that interests me most is the mythology. I love seeing how different places come up with ideas and are influenced by other cultures. It's really quite fascinating.

This must be my favourite part of history. I've been to Egypt and visited the Cairo museum where I had so much fun looking at everything and listening to our tour guide talking about the remains of that age. Their mythology was always fascinating to me and that's why I have encyclopedias about Ancient Egypt that I like to re-read from time to time. I've known every history lesson related to this from the first letter to the last one and my history teacher would even applaud me. xd.png