Moonbeam22

Ranger's Apprentice

Ranger's Apprentice

What the books are about:

For those who have not read the books, the Ranger's Apprentice series are 10 books about a boy named Will who trains with his mentor Halt to become a Ranger. Rangers are sort of like a mix of an archer and assasin. They use massive longbows and two types of knives as weapons. Rangers are masters of unseen movement, skilled climbers, and flawless archers. They each have a specially trained Ranger's horse in which they share a very close bond with.

In these books, Will trains and goes on missions and adventures with Halt (and is also his Knight friend Horace), but acomplishes more than some Ranger's do in their whole life. These books are thrilling, funny, and I highly reccomend them to anyone 12+.

What this thread is for:

Just to discuss the books! Please follow all DC rules, so there is no spamming. Otherwise, I have only one rule: Have fun!!!

LOVE these books! I'm up to book 6, but I'm rereading before I go on, cause I haven't read them in a while.

Will: Can I shoot this bow?

Halt: If you think that's a good idea...

Will: *shoots* Ow ow ow ow ow!

Will: Can I ride this horse?

Halt: If you think that's a good idea...

Will: Hmm, where did I hear that before? Oh well. *gets on horse, is thrown off* Ow ow ow!

Lol I love the quotes! tongue.gif I'm currently on Book 9 (Halt's Peril) right now, and loving it. There is a wicked funny quote I'll post later that I can't remember right now smile.gif

Hehe. Just finished book 10 this week, and I have to say, I've loved the series. One of my favorite quotes is from Will:

"Personally, if I'm planning to ambush someone, the last thing I ever do is let them know in advance."

tongue.gif

"Personally, if I'm planning to ambush someone, the last thing I ever do is let them know in advance."

xd.png Completely true.

For some reason, I like this bit from the 4th book:

"So how would you suggest that we deal with the problem?" Halt asked at last. "How would you get us past the border?"

Horace preferred simple solutions. "We could fight our way in." He suggested with a shrug. Halt raised his eyes to heaven at the thought.

"So it's immoral to bluff our way past with an official document -" He began.

"A false document." Horace corrected. "With a forged seal at the bottom."

Halt conceded the point. "All right. A forged document if you like. That's reprehensible. But it would be perfectly all right for us to go through the border post hacking and shooting down everyone in sight?"

These books are great fun. I remember reading about 5 of them one after another, I kind of lost interest halfway through the fifth. I'm not sure if it was author overload or that the story theme changed over time from learning about being a ranger to more of a standard adventure story.

Considering a reread of these.

These reminded me a lot of the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce.