Quasismiles

Swedish fish

Because we were raised in a different culture which means we developed different tastes in food. People from India don't eat the same thing as people from Africa, so it makes sense we wouldn't eat the same things as people from other countries/cultures. There is nothing inherently wrong with our cultural tastes in food; it's just different.

Yes, I realize. That was a rhetorical question!

Although it's not just culture -- it's also business and marketing. Especially in America, a few big names tend to have control of any sector, including the candy sector.

Why o why do Americans only like purely sweet licorice, and *fake* sweet licorice, at that!?

Presumable for the same reason you put sugar in your bread (*has always been puzzeled by that*).

When I saw the title of this thread I thought "Swedish Fish? Theres a thread about fish? who in their right minds would start a thread about fish?" The I click in and then I was like "OH Candy FISH!, What?" Ive never heard of Swedish fish. Im Australian closest thing we have I say are Gummi's like those bears. Dinosaur gummi's are the best.

Kid- "Dont chop the dinosaur daddy!"

Dad- "Nom nom"

Kid- "Gasp!"

When I saw the title of this thread I thought "Swedish Fish? Theres a thread about fish? who in their right minds would start a thread about fish?" The I click in and then I was like "OH Candy FISH!, What?" Ive never heard of Swedish fish.

Exactly my reaction as well. I thought it was fishes like perch or something. At least that was what popped up in my mind when I saw the thread title. huh.gif

Then again, I'm Swedish. xd.png

(Not fond of gummy candy at all... I prefer chokolate and salty liquorice.)

I love swedish fish! I used to buy them for 1 penny each at the local store when I was a little kid.

Me too! Really, I don't like most other gummi candy, but Swedish fish are a different breed.

Also, lolz at the idea of a thread about literal fish that are native to Sweden.

i lovet hem, but hate the imposter ones that aren't red lol

I totally agree! They defeat the purpose and deliciousness! The green, orange, yellow, yicky!

I think i had them once before. Cant remember what they tasted like though. Reminds me of gummy candy's though.

Swedish Fish are ok, but I find them a bit too sweet. But that's coming from the girl who once ate three Cry Babies (really sour gum balls, just FYI) at once without puckering.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I love swedish fish personally. They're just right for me. biggrin.gif

Gummi Bears tend to be too chewy and I don't have the tolerance for sour worms.

The head is always the first thing I bite off. >:3

Really? Wow! I would have loved being you as a kid! I've only just discovered them yet... *sigh* love at first bite.

Yep. 1 penny each for swedish fish, flying saucer candy, and candy cigarettes. Those were the days lol.

Yep. 1 penny each for swedish fish, flying saucer candy, and candy cigarettes. Those were the days lol.

Candy cigarettes. Damn I remember those. Are they even allowed to sell them any more?

Candy cigarettes. Damn I remember those. Are they even allowed to sell them any more?

Yeah, but most stores don't -- I love them, though. Pure sugar! I've found them in two places in the modern day, one a variety shop in Pittsburgh and one a candy store in a mall.

I always have to buy several boxes to stock up. smile.gif

Yep.  1 penny each for swedish fish, flying saucer candy, and candy cigarettes.  Those were the days lol.

Ooh, I love the flying saucer candies. I have 3 boxes in my cabinet because I have to stock up. biggrin.gif

SWEDISH FISH ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favourite kind is the strawberry/cherry (red ones) I get them almost every time I go to the movie theater.

Ooh, I love the flying saucer candies. I have 3 boxes in my cabinet because I have to stock up. biggrin.gif

I hate 'em.

Edited by sparkle10184

SWEDISH FISH ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favourite kind is the strawberry/cherry (red ones) I get them almost every time I go to the movie theater.

Wait. They come in different flavors?

Yeah, but most stores don't -- I love them, though. Pure sugar! I've found them in two places in the modern day, one a variety shop in Pittsburgh and one a candy store in a mall.

I always have to buy several boxes to stock up. smile.gif

i once bought like twenty because i had only saw it like a few years before that so it was like wow

I always have to buy several boxes to stock up. :)

You MIGHT be able to find them in some place like Cracker Barrel's general store. I don't know if they have candy cigs, but they usually have old-timey candy. I think they even have satellite wafers. Maybe. Maybe not. Been a while since I've looked. :U

But anyway, Swedish fish. c:

There still seems to be some mystery and debate on the flavor of regular swedish fish. I always assumed it was lingonberry, since that's what it tastes like and I think lingonberry products like jam are common in Sweden and other areas like it. Not that Swedish fish are actually Swedish, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, but they are based on Swedish candy and I assume also based on a common candy flavor there.

But like, there are many people who just think it's strawberry, mixed fruit, or some other flavor. o: They must have never had lingonberries. >w<