Quasismiles

Swedish fish

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The thread where everything is Swedish fish! XP Why you love em, what there flavor is like, what was your first Swedish fish? where? Etc!

You can post pictures too!

*NOM NOM*

I want that Swedish fish sushi!

Also, Swedish fish were some of the first candies I ever bought, with my tiny allowance in elementary school (it started as something like a nickel a week, then a dime or a quarter a week, something like that). There was a corner store about a block from the school, and after my Mom picked us up, she'd take us there and let us buy penny candy. The really special things cost more -- those 'saucers' with nonpareil candies inside were 5 cents each, I think, but things like Swedish fish and Sour Patch Kids were a penny apiece. (Maybe Swedish fish were a two cent snack -- can't be sure!)

Interesting thing about Swedish fish is that they are not actually a Swedish candy. lol it was one of the first things I asked my now boyfriend shortly after I learned he was Swedish. And sure enough, when I was over there with him this past summer I didn't see any Swedish fish, but they grocery stories do have a WALL of candies. I swear I must have gained 5lbs this summer. I brought some back with me and am actually eating it right now. Heavenly!

They are the most delicious thing on the face of the planet. Hands down.

Forever reppin' Haribo bears !!!!!!!

user posted image

user posted image

No matter what you may think or say, bears >>>>>> fish

user posted image

Take that !!!! Haters 1 : swedish fish 0 biggrin.gif

Edited by The Evil Doer

Sweedish Fish are yummy! But I have to agree Haribo gummy bears are better. Or my all time favorite in the gummy-ish candy deptartment: Jellybellies!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Take that !!!! Haters 1 : swedish fish 0 biggrin.gif

no. just, no.

no. just, no.

Look at your avatar, now take the cat out.... All thats left is MAD, you are mad coz you know Im right biggrin.gif

Look at your avatar, now take the cat out.... All thats left is MAD, you are mad coz you know Im right biggrin.gif

MAD cuz haribo bears taste gross! JUST SAYIN.

Swedish fish are the

Best.

Candy.

Ever.

'Nuff said <3

user posted image

user posted image

LOVE LOVE LOVE Haribo! I've never had Swedish fish.

Sour worms >>> Gummy worms >>> Swedish Fish >>> Gummy bears

Vanilla icecream with crushed Oreo "dirt" and gummy worms on top... yesplz!

Not a huge fan of gummy candies, though I like sour gummy stuff. :3

Never tried Swedish fish before. Wouldn't mind trying some.

I tried Swedish fish before, thinking they'd taste like sour worms or gummi bears.

I was sorely disappointed. Something about the flavor and texture just doesn't appeal to me. Of course, I'm picky about other candies, too.

MAD cuz haribo bears taste gross! JUST SAYIN.

Agreed. Haribo gummy bears are some of the worst I've had.

Sour worms >>> Gummy worms >>> Swedish Fish >>> Gummy bears

Vanilla icecream with crushed Oreo "dirt" and gummy worms on top... yesplz!

totally agree, save for the swedish fish part. never tried one. O.o

Interesting thing about Swedish fish is that they are not actually a Swedish candy. lol it was one of the first things I asked my now boyfriend shortly after I learned he was Swedish. And sure enough, when I was over there with him this past summer I didn't see any Swedish fish, but they grocery stories do have a WALL of candies. I swear I must have gained 5lbs this summer. I brought some back with me and am actually eating it right now. Heavenly!

Swedish Fish is not Swedish no, but in Sweden we have something called Pastellfiskar (lit. "Pastel Fish") which is where Swedish Fish originated from.

The Swedish Fish have more vivid colours and different flavouring from Pastellfiskar; they were produced specifically to fit the North American market.

Also, the Pastellfiskar also comes in a salmiak-flavour (it's black, salty liquorice), which is my personal favourite, but I don't know if they have that in NA.

I'm guessing that shelf was the "lösgodis"-section, where you yourself can pick how much ever you want from whatever type of candy you want into your little papper bag? Well, different stores have different offers, so maybe you missed the Pastellfiskar or they simply didn't have them.

I can buy them in any nearby stores and gas stations.

I hate the Swedish fishes/pastellfiskar, they are disgusting. But i dislike all jellyish candy... :/ But i love salty liquorice, like djungelvrål <3 (Swedish candy)

Swedish Fish is not Swedish no, but in Sweden we have something called Pastellfiskar (lit. "Pastel Fish") which is where Swedish Fish originated from.

The Swedish Fish have more vivid colours and different flavouring from Pastellfiskar; they were produced specifically to fit the North American market.

Also, the Pastellfiskar also comes in a salmiak-flavour (it's black, salty liquorice), which is my personal favourite, but I don't know if they have that in NA.

I'm guessing that shelf was the "lösgodis"-section, where you yourself can pick how much ever you want from whatever type of candy you want into your little papper bag? Well, different stores have different offers, so maybe you missed the Pastellfiskar or they simply didn't have them.

I can buy them in any nearby stores and gas stations.

Oh, that's so cool! I would bet the Pastellfiskar taste better -- NA is all about the hydrogenated oils, modified starch, carrageenan, invert sugar, and crap like that. And I LOOOOOVE salty licorice! I only had it for the first time last year, when a friend from Sweden had brought some with her to Madrid.

Why o why do Americans only like purely sweet licorice, and *fake* sweet licorice, at that!?

As for gummi bears, I strongly prefer the texture and taste of Swedish fish to them. Gummi bears don't taste like much other than pure corn syrup, to me. And I love the sort of 'matte finish' of the Swedish fish that gets cracks in it if you stretch the fishy...

Oh, that's so cool! I would bet the Pastellfiskar taste better -- NA is all about the hydrogenated oils, modified starch, carrageenan, invert sugar, and crap like that. And I LOOOOOVE salty licorice! I only had it for the first time last year, when a friend from Sweden had brought some with her to Madrid.

Why o why do Americans only like purely sweet licorice, and *fake* sweet licorice, at that!?

As for gummi bears, I strongly prefer the texture and taste of Swedish fish to them. Gummi bears don't taste like much other than pure corn syrup, to me. And I love the sort of 'matte finish' of the Swedish fish that gets cracks in it if you stretch the fishy...

Because we were raised in a different culture which means we developed different tastes in food. People from India don't eat the same thing as people from Africa, so it makes sense we wouldn't eat the same things as people from other countries/cultures. There is nothing inherently wrong with our cultural tastes in food; it's just different.

Anyways, tried swedish fish once. They were okay: not overly good or overly bad. I wouldn't mind grabbing more, but I do prefer gummy worms.

I love swedish fish! I used to buy them for 1 penny each at the local store when I was a little kid.

I love swedish fish! I used to buy them for 1 penny each at the local store when I was a little kid.

Really? Wow! I would have loved being you as a kid! I've only just discovered them yet... *sigh* love at first bite.