Millennium07

Digimon Rewrite Discussion (NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!)

Thus far who is your favourite [i]Digimon Rewrite[/i] character. Please state why~  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will it be translated for us to read or no?

Edited by psyshock

Nope. I'm not revealing the eventual state of Hunters who avoid death this early, hahaha.

I'm gonna word it it in such a way that you yell "NO DON'T DO IT YOU FOOL" at the Hunter-to-be. Part of it may be translated though. If you really want to know how it#'s wordec ;D

I have atwork of David, Zhane, Hikari, Chase, Deep, Alison, Arakawa, Kyle and The Contractor. They'll be uploaded before 2 hours have passed, unless something goes REALLY wrong...

Edited by Millennium07

Artwork is on the main page! Behold our cast's appearences!

Oh, and a head's up. Episode 08 will include some in-depth description of death...

Edited by Millennium07

You posted Kaoru's picture wrong, you forgot the first '['. And you drew Hikari fine!

Reminder that Episode 08 "17 Today, Happy Birthday David!! The Searing Flames of Firamon!" will be posted Tommorow and will be the last for two weeks.

I will post the OST list during that time.

I'm in the middle of six when I posted this. I don't want to seem pushy or anything that's bad but I wish you would have put Eli in Chapter Six. In a lonely apartment in America, a tall, plain, brown haired kid ignored his older brother to look at the sky....

The only characters seen are future main characters, all of the ones we saw in the hunters montage will me main characters before the middle of book 2. 3 were missing, by virtue of not having contracted yet.

"San Chikara" - the Three Penultima Kilo in Rome.

The bespecticled, red-headed girl.

The beige-haired boy.

The dark-haired girl.

The fair-haired man from austrailia.

And the mysterious masked man.

As Eli will not be a Character (outside of perhaps being one of the dozens of hunters mobilized by James), it would throw off the balence. The others will all be lead characters, in fact Book 2 focuses on 1 of them and a current character, in the same way Book 1 is the "Story of Chase and Hikari", which will become apparent as we get further into it.

Some of their names will be revealed in episode 16, where we'll see some of them again, with speaking roles this time.

I could mention Eli in episode 16 if you like, but a mention is all it would be. 16/17/18/19 have a lot going on in them. 09 and 10 are largely unconnected, though. 13/14/15 expnds on plot points from 04 and 09. 20/21/22 will feature a new, threatening Digital Field of nightmares. 23 reveals the past of a certain key character, and 24/25/26 is the shock finale to Book 1: Draft. By calculations, Book 1 will conclude Easter-ish. While Book 2 will draw to a close around Samhein (Halloween to most people)

Also, any thoughts on Episode 08 anyone?

Edited by Millennium07

I don't know what to say about ti because I always say the same thing about each one and that gets too repetitive... so until I find something more creative to say than "I like it!" or "It's Great!" but means the same thing I won't be giving much feed back. XP

A few things:

A couple pages back, I mentioned doing an RP set in the Rewrite universe, running parallel to the canon plot, and climaxing when the Hunters Resistence joins the fray. Would you guys be interested?

If you had to be stuck on a desert island with a Rewrite Character, who would it be and why? (Excluding Hikari for you Psy =P)

Do you think right now, as of Episode 08, that it's good enough for you to keep reading untill Episode 108, the finale?

And now, some trivia:

David

- There are 2 years, 9 months and 26 days betwen David and his sister, Jayne.

- Out of all his elemental powers, David preffers water for offence (as hightly pressurised, focused water cuts through most anything), earth for defence and air for speed. He often uses fire in conjunction with air for a long-ranged attack.

-David has been Contracted for about a year and a half.

Zhane

- Zhane desires to be a Hunter worthy of respect as a hero, not a "murderer" like David, Chase, or Arakawa, to be a differant person then the Zhane who bullied David.

- Zhane's power allows him to manipulate the Digital Fields of Ultimate- and Mega-Level Digimon. but not Rookie or Champion.

- Zhane is an only child, but sees David as his "brother from another mother"

Chase

- Chase is one of the two central protagonists of Book 1, and this will become more apparent the further we get into it. Book 1 tells the story of Chase up untill a certain point in his life, which is, for many people, the moment in life they think of mosdt often.

- Chase's powers include Chlorokinesis, but he rarely uses it because he doesn't want to "control" the earth itself, something he looks down on David for.

-Chase has been a Hunter for 4 years by this point, making him the fourth oldest. As such, Chase constantly lives and views each day as if it were his last.

Hikari

- Hikari is the other of Book 1's central protagonists, she and Chase make a pair, and the story is incredibly cruel to her, as you see her rise so high... before falling so low at the kickoff of Book 2.

- Hikari lives with her uncle because her parents died horribly prior to the story; and she's lived in Canada for 5 years.

- Hikari's power is enhanced speed, making her an incredibly deadly opponent to someone who uses firearms.

Deep

- Deep knows a terrible secret about Penultima Kilo, and is one of only 5 such people to have guessed roughly what the Paradigm Contract says.

- Deep's powers, when used in conjunction can create, or quell, Class 15 maelstroms, baring in mind the scale only goes up to 17.

- Deep has been contracted for 3 years, roughly, by the start of Book 1; as such, he is the fifth-oldest Hunter.

Alison

- Alison isn't as childish as she lets on, but is certainly the naivest character in Rewrite, so far.

- Alison's D-Arms is, in fact, a Bell used to repel Slave-Drive Digimon. But doing so can cause them to survive the Master-Drive's destruction; resulting in the Slave-Drive manifesting it's own field, and Digivolving into a copy of the Master-Drive Digimon that created it.

- Alison's power can potentially be used to track anyone, anywhere, given enough practice.

Arakawa

- Kaoru is no stranger to killing fellow Hunters and has done it more times than he cares to remember.

Kaoru's D-Arms can reload itself if fed a DigiMemory, which goes the same for all firearm D-Arm,s, such as Chase's Bow; While his powers are very complex, invisibility and teleportation; but he can only teleport either within a field, or from one to another.

- Kaoru has been a Hunter for 2 years and is famous world-over for his brutality; however he is also the overall third most successful Hunter. San Chikara, as a trio, are more successful, and so is the "Wisest and Oldest, Strongest Hunter"

The Contractor

- The Contractor, and all information regarded him are in italics. Both in and out of universe. Even things that appear hand-written; like the warning letters.

- The Contractor is seemingly incapable of appearing outside of a Digital Field; and during Contracting, he warps the Digimon's natural field; making it his own.

- The Contractor's Digital Field takes the form of a high-up chapel-like temple, lit from the "sky". It appears slightly differant for every Penultima Kilo. Digimon must sign the Paradigm Contract also. The Contractor's Digital Field can be opened by any Penultima Kilo, so long as they are near a physical operating Server. Which can make finding him to buy new items difficult.

Edited by Millennium07

The OST list is now under-construction, check the main page; new artwprk also upcoming.

EDIT: The OST list has now been completed. I will add to it when the song titles are no longer spoilers; Link's pending.

Edited by Millennium07

...Paradigum Contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I'm currently listening to one of the OST Tracks right now... The ones I chose are great

The character this one is for is *Bleep*. I love *Bleep*... I hadn't heard the track in ages, but now I've got to get back to hunting OSTs for everyone else who is mine. So, I will say Aurevoir(sp?) and bid you all farewell~

...About the spam up top: I originally said "Paradigm" "Pa-ra-dig-um" rather than "Pa-ra-dime" and it's kind of become somewhat of a joke between me and my brother. (So has DIGIMAM).

(Thank you to whoever voted for Hikari!)

for the character on the deserted island I would probably choose either Deep or Chase because their powers contribute to elements/water which could help us escape!

Power-wise, best would be Kaoru; best personality wise would be Zhane; David would be dead centre.

How would Hikari react on an island like that?

And yeah; seems we have more fans than I thought. Fans who evidently either ignore or overlooked that I asked for reasons why, hahaha.

Edited by Millennium07

I'm not sure how she would react.

Also for the island if the digimon were allowed to be in their solid forms then I would choose Birdramon instead. That way she could just fly me off!

Nope, no computers on a desert island, so the hunters would only have limeted powers and no access to a Digital Field. Most could swim off though. Probably.

Waou. We have a Birdramon fan. 0_o

Either we have some really shy fans, or... I guess DNA?

I used to be a member of a Digimon Adoptables site, Digimon Next. I was the Global Mod there. I went through personal issues last easter and pushed them away, eventually leaving completely. Day(dreamer09) was/is one of my friends from there, so maybe she mentioned it on the chat there? If she's still a member that is.

Regardless, Sissy and I are happy for more fans ^__^

Might have some more art up later, might not. Depends. Also working on the OST links ATM.

Edited by Millennium07