Millennium07

Digimon Rewrite Discussion (NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!)

Thus far who is your favourite [i]Digimon Rewrite[/i] character. Please state why~  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, when I say "Saturday Night" I mean our Saturday Night, we're British, haha, roughly 6:20 PM GMT, an it's 5:50PM nearly now.

The Opening Post has been updated with the links for Episodes 01-03. It's in my sig too.

Edited by Millennium07

I'm loving it! I was able to read it thanks to the fact I can connect to the internet with my DS XP

You're portraying Hikari fine, but when things get more emotional/dramatic for her she'll add in more Jap into her speech. Also any insults she may need to say to anyone would be in Jap.

I'm so glad! I was nervous my plot'd be a bit hollow ^^""""

But seriously, just as much credit goes to Sissy, she writes it! So Thank You all from the both of us!

I can't vote without it being a completely biased choice. So I won't vote... you have seriously got me hooked into the story! I can't wait for the next chaptisode, SO MUCH SUSPENSE!

Awww, haha, Thank you!

As the First post shows, Episodes (normaly) come out once a week, like Digimon Anime. We are tentatively going on break after Episode 08, but, then, we might not. If we do, it'll likely be for 2 weeks and we'll return with a double-bill.

Fun Facts!

-There are 5 "Gatomon"-like Digimon in the story.

-Book 1: Draft will have 26 Episodes, before switching to Book 2: Despair.

-Book 3 will likely be longer then the other 2.

-I have got a mind-map of pretty much the entire storyline

-Episode 04 is ready for release this Saturday and Episode 05 is in the works for next week.

-Episode 04 foreshadows the main plot kicking in, while Episode 05 foreshadows Book 2.

-There are still roughly 9 Penultima Kilo to be introduced into the story.

-Depending on how popular this gets, I might create an RP for it, after it concludes. It would be set in the world of Digimon Rewrite, but focusing on differant characters. Sissy and I (and you, if you like, Psy) would reprise our characters only rarely becaue the RP would be canon. As a result, I'd ensure that it didn't interfere wit Rewrite's plot. Eli, you could use James if you'd like, as he isn't a character untill the Grand Finale, whereas, Psy, I'm afraid, as Hikari is a main character, and will be all the way through, if you'd like to enter it, you'd need to come up with a new character, sorry ^^"""""

-I'll post more Trivia later perhaps. For now:

“Yes,” agreed Chase, striding carefully across the marble path. It looked like the place had just stepped out of a women’s magazine. Inside of the house was filled with roses also. It was furnished with many plants, but not like Chase’s Digital Field; it was beautiful.

He was taking in the beauty, but he suddenly heard a childish voice.

“Hey! Leave!” Salamon yelled. She was oddly Hikari-less.

“Salamon…” Chase bent down to her, patting her head. “Where’s Hikari?”

“I don’t know,” Salamon sniffed. She looked up, into the sky. Chase double-took suddenly, seeing that the house’s roof had vanished.

“You’re separated? Then we can say goodbye to the competition,” Apemon smiled. “A human won’t live long without their partner and vice versa.”

“Puppy Howling!” Cried Salamon, but her puny attack bounced off of Apemon and he batted her away carelessly.

Edited by Millennium07

Oh, wow, Psy! You're really hooked? I'm so glad!

Also seems like you really are okay with the way I'm writing Hikari which is great.

Yeah! It's just really the japanese that i think could be toned up more, like in the first chapisode at the beginning with her encounter with Chase instead of saying "What..?" I would of made her say "Nani..?". You don't need to change it, just add more later if it's not too hard.

I'm so sorry my computer locked up for the past few days and I had to get it looked at. Now it's all ok. No offense but it would be be a lot easier reading your book on paper/kindle.

Don't worry, dude. Happens to us all.

You do realise how much it would cost to make one of those? Age isn't a problem as I am above the age-of-consent in the UK, but money, and publishing rights are. Plus, we'd have publishers breathing down our necks, telling us to change stuff. A similar thing happened with the original Skulduggery Pleasent novel, as Tanith Low was originally meant to die after the White Cleaver attacks, but Derek Landy's agent vetoed it.

It's not going to be a book. For it to be a book, we would need to get the rights to publish it from bandai, who are very xenophobic, and, again, would demand changes we aren't willing to make. Alternatively, we could self-publish as a Doujinshi, but they have a bad reputation in the west and again, it would cost more then we have, this is just easier for us.

Also you must remember I am a college student. By the time Book 1 reaches it's climax, I'll be working my butt off to try and make it onto the next-course up for next year. Digimon Rewrite, like if it were an RP is a time-consuming project, but as it is, it can be balenced with my sister and I's daily lives, which is whats important. At the end of the day, I'm really lucky. My college course is for 4-days a week, meaning I have mondays free to work on Rewrite.

My sister isn't so lucky, she's really smart and, as a result, like all your typical anime geniuses, she is actually sitting some of her GCSEs (final exams) next year, 2 years early. On top of that, it's christmas, and we both have friends and family to spend it with/shop for, and we're still not going on break untill 2 weeks after christmas, I guess, as a christmas present to you (2, so far, haha) fans. This is not me having a go, I thank you for your opinion, as my sister has thought of beng an author as a career and, she's the one doing the majourity of the writing; no, this is me explaining some stuff I probably should've done before.

Digimon Rewrite will be a long project, and I hope you both stick around for the ride (I also hope we pick up some more fans along the way, ^^"" ahahahaha), and, when it's over and done, once Book 3 has ended and I post the spin-off RP, well, Sissy and I will start a new project. Not sure if it'll be Digimon yet, no point planning a project we won't be doing for over a year, as Rewrite could end up having as many as 104 episiode by the end, and, well, typically, we release one new episode a week, in the same vain as Digimon anime in japan, and, indeed, in the states too (typically, unless it's a big thing, like Doctor Who, or Downton Abbey, then new episiodes of shows are daily over here).

I also point out that 100 weeks is nearly 2 years. But nevertheless, I have a few ideas, one of which being the Rainbow Project, but, I digress, basically: Book = Bad, FanFic.net = Good.

Also, what did you think of the episodes, Eli? assuming you've read them, that is.

Edited by Millennium07

Why don't you mention this on the OOC thread of Digimon Adventure? The other RPers might be interested.

Ok, guys.

I've got some concept art done, namely, David, Zhane, Chase and Kaoru, (I'd have done Deep and Hikari too, but I forgot what Deep wears and I didn't have Hikari's bio open to check. Alison I simply forgot, as I did mean to do her too) I've also got a couple foreshadowings.

I finally read them all and all I have to say is they were good and Millineuim does Omega sound too close to Mega?

Glad you think so!

That would depend on the context... Why do you ask? with that info, I'll be able to give you a proper answer?

Well I don't want to give out too much info but what if a step up from Mega was Omega? I think it sound a little too close.

Yeah, it would, kinda.

But, there is a dubbed name for the level beyond Mega, in Japanese, it is Chou-Kyoukou (Super-Ultimate), in English, it's "Ultra".

Never heard of it. My best understanding of the AVERAGE digivolution tree is:

In training > Rookie > Champion > Ultimate > Mega > Burst Mode

The burst mode is for some and on some trees its In Train. I then In Train. II

The official Digivolution Tree is as follows:

Fresh - In-Training - Rookie - Champion - Ultimate - Mega - Ultra

or, alternatively:

Baby I - Baby II - Child - Adult - Perfect - Ultimate - Super-Ultimate

All Digimon have Burst Modes, theoretically, we just only saw 6 on the show.

A classic example is UlforceVeedramon Future Mode, Zero's Ultra-Level from the Digimon Adventure V-Tamer 01 Manga.

EDIT: By all, I mean all. Agumon wreathed in flames from the end of Savers/Data Squad? universally believed to be "Agumon Burst Mode". Burst Mode is a temporary limit-break. Mode Change is a power boost. Ultra Level is the true level beyond Mega. Quite a few Digimon, like Imperialdramon Paladin Mode, for example, are believed to be Ultra-Level Digimon, but Bandai have confirmed only 5: UlforceVeedramon Future Mode, Daemon (Ultra Level), Arkadimon (Ultra Level), Chronomon Destroyer Mode and Chronomon Holy Mode.

And series 6 and 7 don't have levels at all, but then, they are my favourite series. Xros Wars/Boy Hunters FTW!

Edited by Millennium07