Oddsoxdi

Are Tinsels Losing Their 'Market Value'?

They have definitely slipped in 'value'. Ive saw offers on 'Eggs Around the World'- Tinsel for ANY hatchling. Hardly anyone is even wanting Tinsels for offers, though I do remember seeing two Vampires up for two Tinsels once not that long ago.

Does anyone here have any objection to me asking to start a Tinsel Breeders List?

I can get one together and PM the mods for approval, but I'm sure I will need some help modding the thread.

I have a 3rd gen bronze tinsel that I can breed to perform 4th gens (Stairstep, Alcoholic, Bronze x White Stripe) that I can trade very easily. Of course, I only really ask for stripes, vampires, and trios (things I can breed easily to gift to people) but today I traded one such 4th gen egg for a silver hatchling so I'm quite satisfied with the way things are now. Then again, I'm not really looking for CB anything, hollies, or anything like that, so my expectations may be too low to begin with.

Making a tinsel trading thread won't stop anyone from putting them in the other trading threads. The common trading thread's creation didn't stop people from putting their trades in the regular trading thread as well. These days, you HAVE to put your post in multiple threads if you want to get any offers.

It's not really a strictly trading thread per say. It's a breeders list with their "prices" for breeding specific lines if someone requests them. It may cut back on some of the mass amounts of tinsel trades in the trading threads.

Edited by Cheystar

It's not really a strictly trading thread per say. It's a breeders list with their "prices" for breeding specific lines if someone requests them. It may cut back on some of the mass amounts of tinsel trades in the trading threads.

This, so much.

And I do believe it would be very helpful. I will not have to hold endlessly onto an egg, waiting for someone to offer, and thus will not clog the trading threads with endless tinsel eggs nobody wants.

I would breed only by request, which would simplify things a lot.

If enough people do this, I think the strain on trading threads would be reduced considerably.

I wonder how many people are kicking themselves for trading CB metals for prize dragons. I'm fine with them being common, and I never traded anything that wasn't common for one.

Sadly, the idea was shot down =/ they said there are enough trading threads (even though I said that it's NOT just a trading thread, but mostly a breeder's list, a sort of "one stop shop" for people looking for exactly what they need with all the info compiled in one place). I did PM them back to ask if tinsels could possibly be restricted to just the metallic trading center, and if IOUs could be allowed so people who don't actually want to breed their tins and have them sit on their scroll could post and get offers before breeding, but I have a feeling that's going to be a 'no' as well =/ we'll see though.

EDIT: Just got a PM back. This rule was quoted, "Members accept IOU's at their own risk, we at DC are not responsible for any agreements made between members.

The following applies to all IOU threads. "IOU's are not an option of the game, IOU's are agreements made between members. As we (DC) are not responsible for any IOU's made, allowing a topic gives members the impression we condone the practice, which we don't. Therefore, these topics will not be allowed."

So that's a no-go too.

What do you guys think about making a separate forum site for this? I'd be willing to make an invisionfree site for it, and badges for our sigs.

Edited by shadesofchaos

I never requested tinsels for their value, I did it because I thought they were pretty. I love Silver Tinsels and my Dead Daddy Bronze Tinsel. But I think there are just waaaaay too many tinsels now. Its not just about market price. Its about the breed.

This breed was intended to be a Prized Breed. A Prize is meaningless if everyone has 12.

I got a Gold Tinsel the first time I bred it. The first time. Is that saying something? Maybe.

I still love Tinsels, though. They're pretty.

I got my Silver Tinsel for a CB Neotropical. >.< And it bred first time. Same with most of my others. And on many new scrolls, I see people with 2-3 Tinsels. Can't even offer my friends an easily bred rare anymore. D:

I never requested tinsels for their value, I did it because I thought they were pretty. I love Silver Tinsels and my Dead Daddy Bronze Tinsel. But I think there are just waaaaay too many tinsels now. Its not just about market price. Its about the breed.

This breed was intended to be a Prized Breed. A Prize is meaningless if everyone has 12.

This is very true.

The Breeding of the Tinsels is FAR to common and EASY! I only have a few and the rate of which I get a Successful Tinsel Egg from them is about 98% Which makes this a common egg.

I also agree that people who have 6 or higher generations of the Breed ( even messy linages) are asking for Uncommon to Rare CB eggs for them. rolleyes.gif

I agree that it it up to the people who are trading. But the Tinsels should really be rated at the common level not a Rare level. Most people have more than 3 on their scroll now, only the new people to Dc don't have any.

Is it a sham. Especially since now I am seeing messy lines and in bred Tinsels. its a shame. sad.gif

Well, let's put it this way.

Person: I HAVE A FREE GRAY EGG!

*crickets*

Other Person: I HAVE A FREE BRONZE TINSEL EGG!

*everybody runs over that person screaming MINEMINEMINE*

So, people are asking ridiculous things for them. They still have GIFTING value. xd.png

Sadly, the idea was shot down =/ they said there are enough trading threads (even though I said that it's NOT just a trading thread, but mostly a breeder's list, a sort of "one stop shop" for people looking for exactly what they need with all the info compiled in one place).  I did PM them back to ask if tinsels could possibly be restricted to just the metallic trading center, and if IOUs could be allowed so people who don't actually want to breed their tins and have them sit on their scroll could post and get offers before breeding, but I have a feeling that's going to be a 'no' as well =/ we'll see though.

EDIT: Just got a PM back.  This rule was quoted, "Members accept IOU's at their own risk, we at DC are not responsible for any agreements made between members.

The following applies to all IOU threads. "IOU's are not an option of the game, IOU's are agreements made between members. As we (DC) are not responsible for any IOU's made, allowing a topic gives members the impression we condone the practice, which we don't. Therefore, these topics will not be allowed."

So that's a no-go too.

What do you guys think about making a separate forum site for this?  I'd be willing to make an invisionfree site for it, and badges for our sigs.

I recommend that you simply try starting your thread in the Breeding subforum instead. People offer to swap breedings there all the time with no hassle from the mods. They're just trying to not get dragged into it if somebody is accused of scamming, I think-- if there was an IOU trade thread, it would make it seem like an official part of the game. I think everyone knows that breeding promises and lineage swaps are unofficial, so that may be a better home for your idea.

Edited by tjekan

It seems everyone has fifty Tinsels by now except for me. The problem is that no one abandons them, just gifting through Teleport which really messes up other people's chances of getting rares...

But yeah I've noticed that people are asking for ridiculous things for Tinsels... who trades a CB Gold for something anyone will give you for free anyway?!

It seems everyone has fifty Tinsels by now except for me. The problem is that no one abandons them, just gifting through Teleport which really messes up other people's chances of getting rares...

Luckily, that is not entirely true. I, and quite a few others, breed our Tinsels to abandon to the AP. Or Glomp them etc., and I'm sure most of us (not all) wouldn't be upset if someone that didn't have one, or hardly any, asked us for one.

Edited by CDM

I recommend that you simply try starting your thread in the Breeding subforum instead. People offer to swap breedings there all the time with no hassle from the mods. They're just trying to not get dragged into it if somebody is accused of scamming, I think-- if there was an IOU trade thread, it would make it seem like an official part of the game. I think everyone knows that breeding promises and lineage swaps are unofficial, so that may be a better home for your idea.

That's a good idea ^__^

This. :3 It's gotten to the point where if I breed my Tinsel x Nebula, I don't want a Tinsel at all anymore. Before I'd be ecstatic, but now it'd either go to the AP or I'd Earthquake or Bite it. >.<

Actually, I really kind of like that they're becoming common. The original CB's are still very special and always will be. But the fact that their descendants can be easily found lets players who like scroll completion feel satisfied. I had some tinsels back when their value was really high, and I'm not sorry to see it come down. I'm glad to see everyone have a chance at one. And I will continue to pay highly for ones with great lineages, just as I do for whites or blacks with awesome lineages. :-)

I drop almost all my bred Tinsels on the AP. Of course, I have no truly desirable Tinsels, only long-lineaged things from good breeders, like F-Bomb & Erno. But still, for a newer player hunting the AP, even a long-lined free Tinsel is kind of a nice find.

I recently got a pair of Silver Tinsel x Nebulas, which I'm going to breed together (hopefully). The line will be a really nice arrow... and except for maybe a couple of the offspring which I'll keep myself, the rest I'll toss into the AP (because my Nebulas are plotting to open a dimensional portal & unleash Elder Gods upon the Internet, and I support their hobby by spreading them far & wide xd.png )

Well, let's put it this way.

Person: I HAVE A FREE GRAY EGG!

*crickets*

Other Person: I HAVE A FREE BRONZE TINSEL EGG!

*everybody runs over that person screaming MINEMINEMINE*

So, people are asking ridiculous things for them. They still have GIFTING value. xd.png

If they have gifting value, then I haven't seen it. If you look on the Newbie Gifting thread, there are almost always tinsels just hanging out. People are having to repost that they have the eggs, because not even newbies are asking for them. I don't even try to gift the eggs anymore; if I decide to gift, I wait until they're hatchies, because that's the only time they seem to move.

Given that, I don't actually think it's all of the tinsels that are becoming devalued. It is more specific lineages and generation lengths. Everytime I visit the trade thread, I notice tinsels from Gold Epica, Inextrica, Penk, and even sometimes Erno and f-bomb. These are the ones breeding the most and they're becoming devalued because of it. However, other lines, such as Alexandra Aurelix, Apollo, Artemis, and Tanoth the Dragon King are less common, so I, personally, would trade more to get them. Low gens, fifth gen and below, are still valuable to those that don't have them because the easiest to get are always long gens or broken stairs.

Unfortunately, I think they are. The good news of this is that I might be able to get a Gold Tinsel; the bad news is that I might not be able to get anything good for my tinsels offspring. A few days ago I saw a silver tinsel in the Ap, stared at it for a second, and still caught it.

Making a tinsel trading thread won't stop anyone from putting them in the other trading threads. The common trading thread's creation didn't stop people from putting their trades in the regular trading thread as well. These days, you HAVE to put your post in multiple threads if you want to get any offers.

Not to mention all the people posting long gen tinsels in the Rare Trading thread when the first second post says specifically that tinsels posted there must be of 6th gen or lower. >_>

Edited by Varekis

Not to mention all the people posting long gen tinsels in the Rare Trading thread when the first second post says specifically that tinsels posted there must be of 6th gen or lower. >_>

Well, that's new as of a week ago. I'd cut people a little slack on that count. At least for another few days. ;-)