Oddsoxdi

Are Tinsels Losing Their 'Market Value'?

Is it just my hub (Ayelldee) and I who are experiencing the waning of the trade value of Tinsels? His are of far superior 'worth' (shorter lines to Penk and Erno), yet our offers sit in the Trade threads for days. I'm still seeing ridiculous requests for fairly long-lineaged Tinsels (such as CB Gold, CB black, CB Silver) in these threads - are you guys really still getting these Dragon Cave Holy Grails? Have you had to scale back on your requests in order to trade your Tinsels?

Just wondering if the trade value of the Tinsel dragon is starting to slide.

I don't even bother trying to trade tinsels any more...the market is so flooded with them that getting an offer is difficult.

Yeah I think some of the requests for tinsels like CB Gold, CB Black, etc are getting a bit ridiculous since I think its fairly evident that tinsels don't breed like rares.

I only requested a couple of commons for a clean gold tinsel and eventually just had to chuck it to the AP after getting no offers.

I've only been able to trade tinsels for other tinsels lately. Mine aren't that short, clean 5th-8th gen usually, but I can't get the 2nd gen red stripe I need or even long-lineaged BSA eggs with those.

I have yet to breed any tinsels, as i got my first two. Silver and Bronze. I see Tinsels as fairly common, due to the vast numbers of them, yet the trade offers are kinda... Ridiculous. I cant even get a Gold tinsel, as people are asking for things Tinsels arent worth for. CB rares and the such.

besides losing the value people are also becoming more picky.. they only want so long of a line.. or with a certain parnter.

I think they are losing value. I trade my fairly long lineaged ones, but all I ask is a common CB hatchling or something like that.

Most people are only interested in 2-5th gens, with perfect lineages and rare mates.

Yes, they have lost (and still do so) value indeed.

I mostly trade tinsels for tinsels only, I don't even try getting a low-gen gold or silver with them now, unless I have a 2nd or 3rd gen tinsel. Sounds impossible now, but in June I traded a 5th gen gold tinsel for a CB silver. Now this would be ridiculous.

Since almost everyone owns the more common tinsel lines, they have dropped in value, yes. The rarer lines and shorter gens are still being desired though.

Sounds impossible now, but in June I traded a 5th gen gold tinsel for a CB silver. Now this would be ridiculous.

Oh my... I got my Tinsels a bit too late. blink.gif

Actually, this is kind of a good thing, as if there is a new Tinsel-like prize dragon this year, it will make way for them...

In my experience, even pretty-lineaged Tinsels are largely worthless. Which is fine, though I regret getting mine because I wanted to help breed them. Now they're just going to gather dust. laugh.gif

I am not trading Tinsels anymore because it is unlikely that I get an offer for them. But that is no problem at all, I am glad that Tinsels are that common now. On the other hand - are they common? On the forums definitely but I am not sure if they are widespread amongst the people who are not visiting the forums.

Tinsels seem to get snapped up pretty quickly on the AP though, I think they are still pretty desirable. I abandon any Tinsels which I can't trade.

A little off topic, but if this is true, I should start reading trades about tinsels more closely. For a while I stopped offering since each user wanted the world and. I only have one of each tinsel and their lineage are beyond long and they were all given to me by friends.

I'm so glad I remembered my account info to get all the details on all things winged and dragons. I've been on hiatus for far too long.

I think they definitely have, but mine have started to slow in breeding a LOT, which I thought they would. I only trade a few of my lines, and only for a couple CB common hatchies each. I have better luck trading multiple BSA hatchies for something good rather than tinsels these days.

The trade threads are utterly filled with their eggs. I think it would be good if TJ reprogrammed them to start breeding like rares unless he intends for them to become a common breed.

I would love to have more pretty lineaged Tinsels on my scroll. unsure.gif But I can't catch any CB Blacks and I don't have a bunch of common hatchies just laying around my scroll just in case I stumble upon someone with a pretty Tinsel.

Well, I USUALLY don't have a bunch of common hatchies just laying around my scroll.

I'm glad they are spreading wider. Of course, that means you no longer get rares in exchange (except perhaps for the really rare lines), but it also means you don't have to pay prizes that only the super-"wealthy" players can afford. (But yes, I also do see lots of ridiculous requests in the trade threads. But I guess, these people will see soon enoug that they won't get CB trios/blacks/stripeds for a messy or even clean-lined tinsel if it's not a very uncommon one. And then they'll either take lower offers, or they won't find trading partners.)

Which makes my goal of getting a clean 2-breed staircase from every CB tinsel much more realistic now than it seemed a few months ago when I was in vain trying to get any clean-lined tinsel at all... xd.png

And yes, trading for a few caveblocker or BSA hatchies still works nicely, at least for some lines - and the rest still go nicely via gifting and AP. So I don't think there's any need for pretty-lined tinsels to gather dust anywhere.

Edited by Lastalda

I rarely visit trade threads and don't give a hoot about lineages, but I recently acquired an AP silver tinsel egg. (My first one, squee!) The weird thing about it is that I wasn't even that quick to grab it; my mouse gave me a bit of an issue, and there was a good few seconds that passed before I grabbed it. So I'm also beginning to wonder if tinsels are losing their "value." Not that I'm complaining--free tinsel for me~

The trade threads are utterly filled with their eggs. I think it would be good if TJ reprogrammed them to start breeding like rares unless he intends for them to become a common breed.

I would prefer, personally, for them to start breeding like other holidays. I've been seeing a lot of complaints about how common tinsels are here on the forum and how the trade threads are choked with them...people might appreciate them more if they're only breedable during Christmas.

I agree!

I think it is like everything that is getting less rare... it's getting cheaper.

There are a lot tinsels now not only a few like when they were released. So the requests can spread on a wider range of breeders.

Well.. if anyone want to get rid of their tinsel... I'd take it. I only got one of each color yet. ^^

I'm not greedy you know.

Edited by Silverdrak

I'm one of those that believe that when the ratios finally balance on them, they won't breed like they do now (even though mine are slowing) so I've got a nice collection going of them. I don't really breed mine, unless it's upon request. I do have a few people that I trade with, but I don't breed them to throw up on trade threads. I have some other fun lines I'd rather work on.

Some are still valuable and well sought after, Like short-gens from tinsels that don't breed often, or stairsteps with uncommon partners. For example, my 5th gen silver tinsel from Artemis with male hellfires. But the average bronze goes for about 2 CB common hatchies.

It goes both ways - people with low-gen, super-desirable Tinsels want the world for them. Neglecteds, CB Golds/Silvers, Holly promises.

One end of the Tinsel market is unobtainable, the other is too obtainable.