Doll_81

Dead Eggs Option

Can we please have an auto sort button that allows us to put our dead eggs and hatchlings at the bottom of our scroll. This was be an option for those of us who do not want to 'wear our egg shells proudly'.

This idea came to me recently when I decided to help a friend out and bite some eggs because she wanted Vampires. Then I went and bit some eggs to see if I could get some Vampires, as I haven't raised any in a while... It was at this point that I realized why I do not like to bite. I do not like all the dead eggs sitting at the top of my scroll. I don't mind and I do understand the rules of the game when it comes to making vampires (you win some you loose some)... It doesn't mean I should have take half an hour to sort them to the bottom of my scroll. And, then once I do sort them to the bottom of the scroll be forced to continue to leave my scroll in a customizable state and do all of my own sorting from this point forward (until all the cracked eggs are gone). The reason you have to leave it in a customizable state is because the moment you change the sort feature and click to put eggs and hatchlings at the top the dead eggs shuffle back to the top. It's confusing to have a jumbled up mess at the top of your scroll.

Can we please have an auto sort button that allows us to put our dead eggs and hatchlings at the bottom of our scroll. This was be an option for those of us who do not want to 'wear our egg shells proudly'.

This idea came to me recently when I decided to help a friend out and bite some eggs because she wanted Vampires. Then I went and bit some eggs to see if I could get some Vampires, as I haven't raised any in a while... It was at this point that I realized why I do not like to bite. I do not like all the dead eggs sitting at the top of my scroll. I don't mind and I do understand the rules of the game when it comes to making vampires (you win some you lose some)... It doesn't mean I should have take half an hour to sort them to the bottom of my scroll. And, then once I do sort them to the bottom of the scroll be forced to continue to leave my scroll in a customizable state and do all of my own sorting from this point forward (until all the cracked eggs are gone). The reason you have to leave it in a customizable state is because the moment you change the sort feature and click to put eggs and hatchlings at the top the dead eggs shuffle back to the top. It's confusing to have a jumbled up mess at the top of your scroll.

HALF AN HOUR ? It takes seconds - I do it all the time after I bite sad.gif

I used alternate custom sort - and it's very fast. You can surely use it briefly when you have deadies ?

this is entirely unnecessary. it takes all of three seconds to sort dead eggs to the bottom of your scroll.

go to your sorting options, go to legacy custom sort. number all of your dead egg shells to 9999 and hit save. they will immediately go to very the bottom of your scroll.

(also, the 'wear your shells with pride' thing is mostly for people who like to experiment and try for neglected dragons)

And every time you auto sort the dead eggs and hatchlings go right back to the top. All those 'few seconds' add up.

And every time you auto sort the dead eggs and hatchlings go right back to the top. All those 'few seconds' add up.

Not with legacy sort and numbering, I don't think.

Legacy custom sort numbers everything on your scroll. If you leave the custom sort on for two weeks (til the eggshells are gone), new eggs and hatchlings will be numbered "zero" and will be on the top of your scroll. Of course new adults will also stay near the top of your scroll for that period, unless you manually sort them, but after that you can use one of the auto sorts, again.

I also don't really see the point really (I also custom sort), but I wouldn't mind an extra checkbox on the auto sorts saying 'pu dead dragon on bottom' or something like that.

I also don't really see the point really (I also custom sort), but I wouldn't mind an extra checkbox on the auto sorts saying 'pu dead dragon on bottom' or something like that.

I don't mind adding the checkbox either.

Would something like that also move zombie dragons to the bottom? Or just egg shells?

I use custom sort, and don't bite often anymore. When I do I just move the dead eggs to the bottom myself. Takes a few seconds, easy enough.

I'm not sure, I don't know how the wandering of the zombies works exactly. Maybe it would if they are visible at the time and wouldn't if they are not?

Would something like that also move zombie dragons to the bottom? Or just egg shells?

I use custom sort, and don't bite often anymore. When I do I just move the dead eggs to the bottom myself. Takes a few seconds, easy enough.

Same here. My dead eggs thrown to the bottom in seconds and my zombies are between their surviving buddies, just where I put them.

Last time I checked anyway... unsure.gif

I also don't really see the point really (I also custom sort), but I wouldn't mind an extra checkbox on the auto sorts saying 'put dead dragon on bottom' or something like that.

Same. :3

I used alternate custom sort - and it's very fast. You can surely use it briefly when you have deadies ?

I usually sort 'custom'

I tried legacy for the first time today and the tiles wont move for me. - dunno why, but it was annoying so I went back to doing it the long way which is also annoying when you got to get an adult to the bottom from the top and you gots a lota dragons.

when it does work I can see thta it would be quicker to move stuff so I think it doesn't need a magic dead egg moving button.

Unless it's been changed, in Legacy you don't drag the tiles at all. You number the dragons.

I meant the other one, where tiles come up - alternate custom sort

thing didn't work anyway, then I tried legacy, didn't like it.

I don't usually use custom so that my Zombie will pick a spot and stay there (If you use one of the automatic sort options it will put the Zombie in the right spot when it appears.). But legacy makes it easy to move dead dragons to the back... waaaay easier than alternative custom... learned that the hard way. I really don't see the point... but I agree with Ferngari... a check box might be useful.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I'd support a checkbox, though I don't really mind a dead egg or two with the rest of the breed on my scroll. However, I do feel your pain with the whole sorting thing, as I tried to do the same by organizing my dragons by gender after they were put by breed and finding that I would have to do it manually. And then, of course, I'd have to fix everything whenever I caught new eggs. So if you're bothered by organizing dead eggs, I can completely understand your wish for the checkbox. The easier for the user, the better, right? No need to waste time doing specific organizing because some other people don't mind it.

I meant the other one, where tiles come up - alternate custom sort

thing didn't work anyway, then I tried legacy, didn't like it.

They won't move if you have javascript disabled... or if you use noscript and don't "temporarily allow all this page".

I use Legacy and just hit the presets, myself. If you're concerned about bite death, I suggest sorting before you bite, then going into legacy to number them to 9999. That way your dragons will all be sorted correctly when you go to legacy, and the dead shells are at the top. Saves you the trouble of hitting your sort again and then having to scroll through it to find the shells. Alas, if you bite before the previous shells are gone, those will need to be dug out.

While user friendliness is a good thing, dead shells are rather unique in that they're supposed to be a nuisance.

Edited by Lythiaren

While user friendliness is a good thing, dead shells are rather unique in that they're supposed to be a nuisance.

I love this sentence.

It's already fairly easy, as has been explained, to sort them to the bottom of your scroll. I've seen other suggestions, to hide or sweep away the dead shells, and what it really comes down to is that they have a *reason* for being there. They are supposed to make you think. They are supposed to make you annoyed or uncomfortable or whatever it is you feel, because if you don't like seeing those dead shells, chances are you will think twice before making more.

(I make them all the time with vamp-biting, and it hasn't detered me, but the fact remains that there is a reason for those shells.)