natcar9

Journey to the Snagon

PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!

Being an Indian, you live in the forest. Your tribe is not a nomadic tribe; it stays in one place. The place in which you live is named the Forest of Leyn. You enjoy roaming the forest when you have nothing better to do. Your favorite spot is an ashen gray boulder about half of a mile from your tribe's village. No one dares to come here because of what happened in this very spot 200 years ago. As you sit on that exact hollow ashen gray boulder that resembles a cave in a burned clearing in the forest of Leyn, you remember that story. Everyone in your tribe knows the story.

A legendary creature, called a Snagon, was a mix of a dragon and snake. It guarded the Magical Rock of Wonder. The Snagon was created by the Pixies of Jurmania to make sure no one touched the rock. The Jurmanian Pixies were the first living creatures to come upon the Magical Rock of Wonder. They decided it needed to be guarded. Thus the Snagon was made. It is said that the Pixies morphed the Snagon out of living fire, an extremly dangerous element. The Snagon was said to be the most clever and ferocious creature in all the land.

Background of Role Play:

The Magical Rock of Wonder is said to grant one wish per person. It may seem great but could potentially be a weapon of mass destruction and death. If the wrong person gets a hold of it, the world as everyone knows it could no longer exist. Four people (read characters for info) must travel a long journey to the Magical Rock of Wonder so it can grant their chosen wish. However, everyone has different ideas in mind. Some want to bring peace, some want to fulfill their deepest desires. Others with blackened hearts and evil wills may want to reign terror and panic across the globe(again, go to characters). Many adventurers have tried to reach the rock, but none have prevailed. What will you wish for?

You will decide where your journey begins and write The Story of the Snagon. You can do whatever you want, such as meet another player and team up or bring in another character into the role play to team up with.

Notes:

-if another player decides to team up with you, you have to agree. However, you can betray them later.

Rules:

-golden rule (treat other players the way you want to be treated)

-no swearing (sorry, swearing isn't right)

-keep romance to PG 13 (it happens in some books)

-you can not kill other players, but you may fight them

-to make sure you read the rules, put your favorite color at the bottom of your post

-you cannot kill or fight the dog

-if you want to kill/fight the Snagon, PM me to get my permission

-you cannot control someone else's player

-do not act like a god (you can't summon fire or something like that)

-do not argue/be mean about what another player posts

-no one line posts

Characters:

Players:

-natcar9

-UmbreWulf

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Characters:

-Snagon

-Traveler to Stone (must be a human)

-We can have an unlimited amount of Travelers (must be human)

-Random thing or person who causes problems

-The Great Wise Person who informs people about the way to the rock

-Jurmanian Pixie

-Jurmanian Pixie

-Jurmanian Pixie

-We can have an unlimited amout of Jurmanian pixies

-The weird brown dog that throws twists into the story

Username: natcar9

Character Name: Malum

Who they are: the wierd brown dog that throws twists into the story

Appearance/Personality: Malum is a brown cartoon dog that appears alsmost like paper. She is two feet tall and one foot wide. Malum has huge eyes and long floppy ears. She is always wearing a hot pink bow that spins when she throws twists into the story. Malum can also talk, unlike most dogs.

Background Knowledge: No one knows how Malum was created. She has just simply always been there. Malum can do anything, such as start a tornado or have a bear attack someone. (I wrote this role play and therefore can do that. I will not abuse this power and will not pick favorites on who I give special powers to. I will never, EVER kill anyone. However, something Malum creates may injure your character. This is just to keep the story going.) Though she may be doing something that does not involve you; never forget the wierd brown dog named Malum.

Username: UmbreWulf

Character Name: Risum

Who they are: Thing/person that causes issues along the way

Appearance/Personality: A rather tall Misfit Pygmy that loves nothing more than to deceive pitiful humans and pull pranks on them. Her feet are a noticably lighter color than the rest of her body. She adores being mischievous and pointing people in the wrong direction. The swirls on her body are not round, but look like squares; like they are made of lines and not a simple spiral.

Background Knowledge: She is not known by the tribe, but she is always pulling pranks on them. She had heard of the Snagon and thinks it would be nice to have her deepest desire given to her: use of all the elements. Currently, like all other Misfits, she's very clever and can breath fire. She came from a small family, being the first born of three. Her siblings died shortly after birth, not strong enough to live. She cries sometimes when the sad memory comes to mind. Her parents are both dead, killed by poachers after pulling a rather daring prank on some (armed) humans.

Username: tiffashy

Character Name: Thialle

Who they are: Some random traveller which has great interest in travelling to the 'Snagon'. She is a human (can understand animals)

Appearance/Personality: Brave, stubborn and easily gets annoyed. Once she wants to do something, you cannot change her mind. Also happens to be really curious.

Background Knowledge: She had always been a really curious and stubborn person. Nothing will change her mind unless it got cute puppies in it. Her mum died when catching an illness shortly after she gave birth to Thialle. Her dad had been looking after Thialle and her brother for a while in till he also caught the same diceses (spelling error v.v) and died after when Thialle and her twin was 15. She heard about the legend of Snagon when she was sitting around a campfire, lisening to the elders and decided to try and make her wishes come true.

Character Name: Artaxes

Who they are: He is Thialle's twin brother. He is like one of those guys which pop out of no where and scare the heck out of you when he apears right in front of your face. He is a human. He followed his sister to see if she could actully find the Snagon and its stone.

Appearance/Personality: Creepy, weird, evil, sneakly.

Background Knowledge: e.e I posted most of it up there ^

Its mostly the same as Thialle's story.

Please post about your character.

Character Sheet:

Username:

Character Name: (can be anything)

Who they are: (what role they play in the story, such as Snagon)

Age: (your pick, just that your character needs to act like they are that age)

Appearance/Personality:

Background Knowledge:

user posted image

I WILL START THE STORY WHEN WE GET ENOUGH PLAYERS, DON'T START BEFORE THEN.

Questions:

PM:

-natcar9

Thank you to UmbreWulf for helping to edit this role play. She did a great job helping me to get it ready to be approved. She made the banner too.

Thank you to Walker for approving this RP.

Edited by natcar9

Mmkay, I'll help you buddeh. First off, more plot.

-Why do we want to see the Snagon?

-Is the Snagon a legend? If so, what's its story?

-Do we just all of a sudden want to find a magical rock or what's the reason?

-Might want to add a map; I could do this for you if you get me a sketch

MORE STUFF

-What species is this RP for? (Dragons, humans, animals, all three, etc.)

-Rules usually come after backround and before character sheet.

SOME QUOTES TO FIX YOUR MISTAKES

You will decide were your begins, and finish the story.

Change 'You will decide were your begins' to 'You will decide where your journey begins'. Also, you don't need that comma in there.

The Snagon, a creature that is a mix of a dragon and a snake,

Get rid of bolded words so it flows better. Also, this sentence is awkward, so change the purple words somehow.

That's all for now. Fix those and I will look for more. smile.gif

~Umbre

Edited by UmbreWulf

MORE QUOTES TIME

It was created by the Pixies of Jurmania to make sure no one touches the rock.

There are two different tenses in this sentence. Try changing 'touches' to 'touched'.

Four people (read charcters for info) must travel a long journey to the Magical Rock of Wonder so it can grant your chosen wish.

Might want to change 'your' to 'their' since not everyone will be a traveler.

(again, go to charcters)

Little bit of a spelling derp there.

You will decide were your journey begins and finish the story.

Change 'were' to 'where'.

...bring in another character to team up with.

People don't need others to make characters for them, really. It's not hard, so I suggest get rid of this part entirely.

The Snagon, a legendary creature that is a mix of a dragon and snake...

I was talking about that part, it needs to be rearranged a little. Perhaps

A legendary creature, called the Snagon, is a mix of dragon and snake. It guards the Magical Rock of Wonder.

Just Some Stuff...

-Who are the Jurmanian pixies, and how did they create the Snagon?

-Why did the Rock need to be protected?

Mmkay, that should be enough for now.

Yay, more editness. The errors will most likely be bolded for convienence of fixing. Here we go...

A legendary creature, called a Snagon, is a mix of a dragon and snake, guards the Magical Rock of Wonder

Bit of a run-on. Take the bolded part and make it into another sentence.

Jurmania to make sure no one touched the rock. The Jumanian

Those are spelled differently.

It is said that the Pixies morphed the Snagon out of living fire, an extremly dangerous element. It is said to...

I suggest rewording that second 'It is said' so it doesn't sound repetitive.

The Magical Rock of Wonder is said to grant one wish per person, it may seem great but is a possiably fatal weapon.

Try changing that sentence. Maybe...

The Magical Rock of Wonder is said to grant one wish per person. It may seem great but could potentially be a weapon of mass destruction and death.

-The wierd brown dog that throws twists into the story (TAKEN, sorry)

Weird, not wierd. Also, add a strikethrough, don't write taken. To add a strikethrough, put on each end. Figure it out or click the BB Code Help button under the Smiley Box.

2 or 3 people, you will play them all must)

I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

Edited by UmbreWulf

Okay, this isn't manditory but it helps to have... a password sort of thing to show that people signing up read the rules. Such as...

Put your favorite animal/color/song/food/whatever in your character sheet.

Put it into the rule section. Here are some suggestions for more rules, yours are quite... general.

Can you fight/kill other players?

Can you fight/kill the Snagon/dog?

Probably want to add something about godmodding. (Controlling other people's player.)

Probably something about not being a god as well. (A.k.a. So-and-so summoned a fire and killed everyone. Try being a little more... I don't know, specific.)

No arguing/ being mean?

No one-line posts?

Keep OOC stuff in {{}}, [[]], or (())?

Get an actual mod to smooth this out?

Okay, so just one more suggestion: Look at other APPROVED RPs and see what they have that you don't. Once you do that, please PM me.

You need a character sheet for yourself, silly!

Most RPs begin with a history, such as:

You settle down by the fireplace as your mother begins to tell your favorite story. "Once upon a time, in a land far away, was a stone that could grant anyone's wish. Curious beings, called the Jurmanian pixies, found this rock years ago. They named it the Magical Rock of Wonder because of its incredible ability. However, much power comes with even more responsibility. The pixies decided that someone, or something, needed to guard the Rock. Thus, the Snagon was born. It was born from the dying embers of an immense forest fire. It had the long body of a serpent and the ferocity of the noble dragon! It sat attentively every day, guarding its prized Rock. Some say that it still guards the Magical Rock of Wonder today even." You remember the story like you were told just earlier that day. "Does it really exist?" you ask yourself.

DO NOT copy that, make something up along those lines as a background.

A legendary creature, called a Snagon, is a mix of a dragon and snake. It guards the Magical Rock of Wonder. The Snagon was created by the Pixies of Jurmania to make sure no one touched the rock. The Jurmanian Pixies were the first living creatures to come upon the Magical Rock of Wonder. They decided it needed to be guarded. Thus the Snagon was made. It is said that the Pixies morphed the Snagon out of living fire, an extremly dangerous element. The Snagon is said to be the most clever and ferocious creature in all the land. The Magical Rock of Wonder is said to grant one wish per person. It may seem great but could potentially be a weapon of mass destruction and death. If the wrong person gets a hold of it, the world as everyone knows it could no longer exist.Four people (read charcters for info) must travel a long journey to the Magical Rock of Wonder so it can grant their chosen wish. However, everyone has different ideas in mind. Some want to bring peace, some want to fulfill their deepest desires. Others with blackened hearts and evil wills may want to rein terror and panic across the globe(again, go to characters). Many adventurers have tried to reach the rock, but none have prevaled. What will you wish for?

AFTER PUTTING IN THE HISTORY:Remove the bolded parts. The purple stuff is things I added. The bolded text is things that should be covered in your History.

Helpful at all? :3

After two weeks, you may begin roleplaying if not looked at. Here's a charrie (character) sheet:

Username: UmbreWulf

Character Name: Risum

Who they are: Thing/person that causes issues along the way

Appearance/Personality: A rather tall Misfit Pygmy that loves nothing more than to deceive pitiful humans and pull pranks on them. Her feet are a noticably lighter color than the rest of her body. She adores being mischievous and pointing people in the wrong direction. The swirls on her body are not round, but look like squares; like they are made of lines and not a simple spiral.

Background Knowledge: She is not known by the tribe, but she is always pulling pranks on them. She had heard of the Snagon and thinks it would be nice to have her deepest desire given to her: use of all the elements. Currently, like all other Misfits, she's very clever and can breath fire. She came from a small family, being the first born of three. Her siblings died shortly after birth, not strong enough to live. She cries sometimes when the sad memory comes to mind. Her parents are both dead, killed by poachers after pulling a rather daring prank on some (armed) humans.

OKAY, back to what I'm actually here for.

-You still need your own character sheet.

Your tribe is not a nomadic tribe, it stays in one place.

Change that comma to a semicolon.

That is the Forest of Leyn.

Say something like 'The place in which you live is named the Forest of Leyn'.

. You enjoy roaming the forest, your favorite spot is on an ashen gray boulder about 1/2 a mile from your...

Oooh... so colorful, but so full of mistakes. Each error is a different color Get rid of the comma and make that a new sentence, get rid of 'on', and change 1/2 to 'half of a'.

Good for now? Remember, you need a charrie sheet too!

You, making me critique on the day after Christmas. *Yawn* Mmkay, here we go:

It guards the Magical Rock of Wonder.

Change it so it is past tense like everything else in that sentence.

...roaming the forest.

Probably should add like when, such as 'in your free time' or 'sometimes' instead of ending it right there.

Four people (read charcters for info) must travel a long journey...

Forgot to fix that.

Well.. too tired to look for more. Please fix those and Merry belated Christmas.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump. :l I can't find anything else, so I guess you're ready for approval! happy.gif

Got bored, drew Malum. By the way, Malum means 'evil' in Latin. Did you mean to do that? I always give my charries Latin names. Risum means 'laughter'. :3

user posted image

Eh, I could do better. :l

Yes, I did means to do that. All my names are in latin too! LOL!!! Malum is awsome. Can I have the code for it? I want to turn it into a banner for this roleplay. Can you add the name Malum onto it? I am still waiting to be approved.

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=31&t=128144&st=0][IMG=http://i41.tinypic.com/25jd1xy.jpg][/url]

You ask for banner, you receive banner. If you click it, it will lead to this RP :3

Enjoy!

EDIT: If I turned that orginal pic into a banner, it wouldn't fit in your siggy. Lol

Edited by UmbreWulf

happy.gif Thank you. If you want people to see the code, go to Edit, paste in the code, find the CODE button by COLOR, highlight the code itself, and click CODE. :3 Edited by UmbreWulf

Others with blackened hearts and evil wills may want to rein terror and panic across the globe(again, go to characters). Many adventurers have tried to reach the rock, but none have prevaled.

Should be reign and prevailed. Otherwise, approved~

((*Holds out plate of brownies* Free brownies if you sign up! :3))

Risum blinked and watched as the sun slowly crept over the horizon. What a beautiful day for pranking. She stepped out on the branch of the tree in which her nest was located and stretched her wings. The branch directly under hers held her supplies. Hmm... what should I do today? Honey or wet moss? Honey was good to smear on door handles and such, where people would get stuck, while soaked moss was fun to stick in peoples' shoes and clothing. Moss. With a smile, she gathered up her moss, soaked it in a nearby puddle, and went around, sneaking into tents and putting it in peoples' things. She stuffed the pillow of someone who was unfortunate enough to have been awake. She flew back to her tree and settled down as people woke up to find their stuff soaking wet.

(( I want a brownie >:3))

Character Name: (can be anything) Thialle

Who they are: Some random traveller which has great interest in travelling to the 'Snagon'. She is a human (may she understand animal? If not, i'll edit and become an animal :3)

Appearance/Personality: Brave, stubborn and easily gets annoyed. Once she wants to do something, you cannot change her mind. Also happens to be really curious.

Background Knowledge: She had always been a really curious and stubborn person. Nothing will change her mind unless it got cute puppies in it. Her mum died when catching an illness shortly after she gave birth to Thialle. Her dad had been looking after Thialle and her brother for a while in till he also caught the same diceses (spelling error v.v) and died after when Thialle and her twin was 15. She heard about the legend of Snagon when she was sitting around a campfire, lisening to the elders and decided to try and make her wishes come true.

Character Name: (can be anything) Artaxes

Who they are: (what role they play in the story, such as Snagon) He is Thialle's twin brother. He is like one of those guys which pop out of no where and scare the heck out of you when he apears right in front of your face. He is a human. He followed his sister to see if she could actully find the Snagon and its stone.

Appearance/Personality: Creepy, weird, evil, sneakly.

Background Knowledge: e.e I posted most of it up there ^

Its mostly the same as Thialle's story.

To Tiffashy: Thanks for joining! And yes, Thaille can understand animal. Don't start until we have a Snagon. I figure since its name is in the title, we need one. If we don't get one by tomorrow, then I'll play the Snagon. Also, Umbrey stole the brownies. xd.png

To UmbreWulf: We can't start yet, we don't have a Snagon. As soon as we get one we can start. If we don't get one by tomorrow, I'll play the Snagon. Give me brownies!!!!!!!!

((-Eyes UmbreWulf like a brownie-thirsty wolf- Gimme...DA BROWNIES >:D -Pounces at her like a cat, reaching for the brownies-))

((*Loads brownies into a gun and shoots them at Tiffashy* EAT THAT, MORTAL! *Runs away laughing like a mental nutcase* Lol :3))

((Steals the gun from UmbreWulf and shouts 'BROWNIES!!!'))

To Both: Sorry, couldn't post yesterday, I had a fever. I'll be the snagon until we get someone else. I don't really want to play him forever. So I won't put a character sheet. All he really does is sit in front of his rock and guard it. The rest of his background is in the RP post.

To Tiffashy: We can start as soon as you post. Umbrey already posted. And I forgot to mention in my last post that the animal speaking thing was a good idea. Brownies!!!!!

To UmbreWulf: How was newspaper even though you are only in first period when I post this? Also, if you happen to read this before you get home, please tell everyone I said hi. Brownies!!!!!

((*Loads brownies into a gun and shoots them at Tiffashy* EAT THAT, MORTAL! *Runs away laughing like a mental nutcase* Lol :3))

xd.png!

M'kay I'll start on mine O.o

Thialle is always up to something dangerous Artaxes thought to himself with annoyance as he watched the female girl climb onto an sleeping dragon. He was hiding behide a tree to avoid being spotted by his sister as he spyed on her. It wasn't too long ago since their parents died, his sister had been lonely ever since while Artaxes hadn't changed at all. "No, no don't step on its-" Artaxes hissed lowly at her, still she didn't notice him and placed her barefoot on it's large head. The sleeping beast still didn't notice. She kneel down and crawled towards it's small spike on its nose, reaching out to touch it. Artaxes felt like screaming at her in horror when its eyes shot opened.

"I told you to not mess with the dragon!" he yelled at her. They were both running away from the grumpy dragon which was chasing after them. He could hear its roars echoed around the forset and its heavy footsteps following after them.

"I was bored!" she yelled back at him, ducking under a branch and sprinted as fast as she can. Trying to outrun the old dragon. Artaxes took his eyes off the track off a second to throw an annoyed look at her, he nearly tripped over a root sticking out of the ground, grabbing onto a branch to pull himself up and ran again. They both shot down the valley like forset like bullets fired from a gun and as silent as a mouse. Behide them was this angry noise which sounded like someone playing the piano horriablely and heavy footsteps.

((I was too temped to post my RP line, sorry guys xP))