AlternateMew

Zombie advice

If by 'revive' you mean a killed hatchling that was successfully brought back to life (without turning into a zombie), then I don't know what would happen. Maybe it would get auto-abandoned, or perhaps scrolls are designed so that hatchlings can never be brought back to (normal) life on a 100% full scroll. I think the best person to answer this question would probably be TJ.

I'm sure it wouldn't matter because if they revive normal, they instantly turn into adults. At least that's what happened to mine. On the same assumption I'm thinking a hatchling with few few views will only revive into a zombie or die.

I was thinking, Im only Bronze Trophy and dont really want zombies yet... Im still working on metalics and such. Would it be worth it to wait until next year when I have a gold trophy and lots of zombie fodder....

Opinions?

I was thinking, Im only Bronze Trophy and dont really want zombies yet... Im still working on metalics and such. Would it be worth it to wait until next year when I have a gold trophy and lots of zombie fodder....

Opinions?

Go for it. Seriously. Go for it. Have you seen the hatchlings? They're the most adorable thing on this game ever. Ever. I want to hug that mass of rotting flesh every time I see it.

If you're not sure about it, why not just aim to get one ungen? No need to worry about offspring, gender, and if you kill ten of them, and the wikis right, you're almost guaranteed to get one. Plus, if you're really conscious, you could just kill them in the week before Halloween, so when you get as many as you want you can revive them all the next day. Minimal deaths, and using my vampire logic, it's the weaker ones that won't revive. Won't take much effort to gather them, wont interfere with your hunting. Unless you need more reds, I'd say go for it

Go for it. Seriously. Go for it. Have you seen the hatchlings? They're the most adorable thing on this game ever. Ever. I want to hug that mass of rotting flesh every time I see it.

If you're not sure about it, why not just aim to get one ungen? No need to worry about offspring, gender, and if you kill ten of them, and the wikis right, you're almost guaranteed to get one. Plus, if you're really conscious, you could just kill them in the week before Halloween, so when you get as many as you want you can revive them all the next day. Minimal deaths, and using my vampire logic, it's the weaker ones that won't revive. Won't take much effort to gather them, wont interfere with your hunting. Unless you need more reds, I'd say go for it

Really..?

I know no tactics and I really dont want to be killing dragons, I need those numbers for my silver trophy :/

The reason I might put it off is right now, i have 5 eggs slots... Not effective. So why not wait till I have 7, and all the reds I could ever use for incubate!

:/

Opinions?

While it's completely up to you, I'd also say go for it. If you're still just focusing on building up numbers, it wouldn't be too hard to multitask a little bit. It seems that adults revive better, so a mere 5 spare adults could probably net you one. Then there's Emeraldmay's advice for hatchies. On the flip side, there's really no rush if you don't care to try this year. I doubt the Zombie-obtaining process will change much, they can't breed, and they're rarely seen. Three reasons to not really care.

Any traders here know the value of a 2nd gen from Zombie fodder? If it's at least one hatchie, there's also that possibility. Extra hatchies (for either keeping or) is rarely a bad thing.

Edited by AlternateMew

Really..?

I know no tactics and I really dont want to be killing dragons, I need those numbers for my silver trophy :/

The reason I might put it off is right now, i have 5 eggs slots... Not effective. So why not wait till I have 7, and all the reds I could ever use for incubate!

Hmm....it's 3 weeks until Halloween. You could probably get around 40 dragons by yourself, and you need 54. It is possible you could hit silver...

I don't think you need tactics tongue.gif I'm away for Halloween, so I'm just killing dragons and getting my little sister to revive them. As fr as I'm aware, you kill then revive on Halloween.

You've got a good point, maybe you could just keep it the back of your head? If you get to Halloween, and have 201+ dragons, you could just kill and revive smile.gif

Hmm....it's 3 weeks until Halloween. You could probably get around 40 dragons by yourself, and you need 54. It is possible you could hit silver...

I don't think you need tactics tongue.gif I'm away for Halloween, so I'm just killing dragons and getting my little sister to revive them. As fr as I'm aware, you kill then revive on Halloween.

You've got a good point, maybe you could just keep it the back of your head? If you get to Halloween, and have 201+ dragons, you could just kill and revive smile.gif

Yea that was also part of my plot, if I hit silver or even gold. Im sure I'll have alot.png of usless common dragon adults to zombie attempt...

Yea, i think I'll put it off 'till next year....

I'm sure it wouldn't matter because if they revive normal, they instantly turn into adults. At least that's what happened to mine.
Did not know that, interesting.
On the same assumption I'm thinking a hatchling with few few views will only revive into a zombie or die.
You make a good point, thank you.

Also thinking the option to revive may not even be available, if there are no slots open.

Yea that was also part of my plot, if I hit silver or even gold. Im sure I'll have alot.png of usless common dragon adults to zombie attempt...

Yea, i think I'll put it off 'till next year....

If you really want a silver trophy before halloween, you have a lot of work but it's possible. I'd suggest start picking up low time eggs or hatchlings from the AP and hatch like crazy. Breed red dragons when you can't find any low time eggs on the AP. Or if you're good at hunting, catch some nice CB dragons and trade them for any hatchlings. You will be able to tell by one week from Halloween if you can make it or not. Keep in mind that people tend to ditch low timed eggs and hatchlings during that week so grabbing them up and hatching/ growing them quick would help.

Really..?

I agree with Emerald, the baby zombies are the cutest little things. Mine is asleep right now else I'd link you to show you what they look like.

You don't need to incubate your zombie baby if you are only try 2-3 eggs. Without incubate it's 4 days until hatching (you don't want it dead yet) and 7 days from hatching to growing up.

Let your future zombie baby hatchling get normal views like all eggs.

Then make sure it gets enough views but not enougth to turn into an adult and fog it.

Leave it fogged until it dies, but be sure that Halloween is less that 14 days away because you will have only 14 days where the tombstone is still on your scroll. I'm using 13 days for my countdown just in case I miscalculate.

Then on Halloween unfog the dead egg and revive. You'll either get a zombie or you won't.

:/ This is my first time attempting to get zombies an I am a tad confused even after reading through this entire thread. I understand that to get the adult zombies you have (5) chances (successful kill attempts) and to start killing attempts two weeks before Halloween in time to revive them on that blessed day.

What confuses me is the hatchling methods.

When hatchies are fogged do they not grow up until they are unfogged, even if they are at 0 days? (I never tried this myself).

An what happens if you kill a frozen hatchling, does that count towards a kill slot? I read in this thread somewhere that hatchy kill slots and adult kill slots are different. Are they the same amount of 5 slots each?

So my main question is....there are different attempts for getting hatchling zombies...but all of them confuse me. I saw how someone had many hatchy zombie attempts but I can't make sense of that either...

:/ This is my first time attempting to get zombies an I am a tad confused even after reading through this entire thread. I understand that to get the adult zombies you have (5) chances (successful kill attempts) and to start killing attempts two weeks before Halloween in time to revive them on that blessed day.

What confuses me is the hatchling methods.

When hatchies are fogged do they not grow up until they are unfogged, even if they are at 0 days? (I never tried this myself).

An what happens if you kill a frozen hatchling, does that count towards a kill slot? I read in this thread somewhere that hatchy kill slots and adult kill slots are different. Are they the same amount of 5 slots each?

So my main question is....there are different attempts for getting hatchling zombies...but all of them confuse me. I saw how someone had many hatchy zombie attempts but I can't make sense of that either...

Here's what happened to me on the fogged hatchies. I get anxious and unfog them and then 'poof' they are adults. You have to leave them fogged until they die inside the fog. Then you can unfog them and then revive them on Halloween. That's what I plan on doing this year. You might leave some of your hatchlings unfogged so that they gender first, then fog them. Or leave them ungendered, although they can still gender if they get enough views over time inside the fog.

A fogged hatchling dies on it's own. It doesn't use a "KILL" so a kill slot hasn't been used.

Now if you get hatchies to die in the fog I don't know if they count toward your hatchies amounts that you are allowed to have on your scroll.

Now if you get hatchies to die in the fog I don't know if they count toward your hatchies amounts that you are allowed to have on your scroll.

Dead hatchlings don't count toward the hatchling limit because the kill action wasn't used on them. They died of "natural" causes. Zombie hatchlings automatically freeze too so they won't take up a slot.

You have to leave them fogged until they die inside the fog. Then you can unfog them and then revive them on Halloween.

My experience is that once a hatchling has died while still fogged, the fog automatically lifts and a tombstone appears. I have 3 zombie hatchlings from last year and I never had to unfog them once they died. smile.gif

- Wait until the month of Halloween. This is for Zombie hatchies without using the Kill action. Get eggs that you'll hatch then fog until death.

Absolute EARLIEST: the 4th (Must hatch eggs on last day of survival, they'll barely stay to the 31st)

Absolute LATEST: The 22nd (Must incuhatch the eggs, and fog until death due to higher views making it where they'd grow up otherwise. Don't count on ungendered.)

^ This makes a lot more sense now. Ty whitestar. Just gotta figure out the timing depending on each egg/hatchy I plan on having as Zombie Fodder tongue.gif Not the easiest part of doing this >.< and I stink at math.

So i'd assume from what Wookieinmashoo has said killing frozen hatchies if successful will count towards a kill slot because you are using the kill action.

So...I think I will try the fogging attempts an see how it goes smile.gif

Thanks Duysterwald for your clarification too! Very useful advice everyone smile.gif

Now to the even more harder part...choosing the victims sad.gif

Someone mentioned in this thread that vampires are easier to turn because they are kinda already turned and dead :/ so it's easy to go from dead to undead I guess. Another person stated that Whites are hard to turn into zombies :/ Maybe because they have had the long time rumor of a healing BSA? These are just observations stated by other users experiences, not sure if it is entirely true.

Edited by shovedtbh

^ This makes a lot more sense now. Ty whitestar. Just gotta figure out the timing depending on each egg/hatchy I plan on having as Zombie Fodder tongue.gif Not the easiest part of doing this >.< and I stink at math.

So i'd assume from what Wookieinmashoo has said killing frozen hatchies if successful will count towards a kill slot because you are using the kill action.

So...I think I will try the fogging attempts an see how it goes smile.gif

Thanks Duysterwald for your clarification too! Very useful advice everyone smile.gif

Now to the even more harder part...choosing the victims sad.gif

What I'm doing right now, is breeding dragons and then I've labeled one CB parent as the one to Kill. That way it will have already bred an egg. I think I have three Kill CB parent eggs.

Next I'm collecting maybe 5-7 CB eggs and raise them to adulthood. Those will be my random Kill food if the others are killed or dodge the blade. All the Adults I plan on killing I will kill on the 18th. By the time Halloween rolls around the tombstones will be there for 13 days, one day short of the 14 day limit. I'll revive on Halloween.

Next I will decide on the hatchlings. I want to use up only 6 egg slots as I build my zombie food. I like having one slot open for trades and something to catch smile.gif

Did anybody try view bombing the hatchlings? I think that they should die this way too.

Only a couple of bugs need to be worked out for that plan and herefore I need some info if somebody can help. How does one View bomb them succeesfully without getting them gendered. How long does it take. I only killed 4 eggs at the beginning (when I joined dragon cave/ my first 4 eggs cause I did not even know) and never hatchlings. Is it even possible to kill them fast? How to do it best? Cna somebody tell em sides where they get sick fast? Any ideas?

Also if you have used all of your freezing spots and you revieve the hatchlinsg to turn them to Zobies (they get frozen aoutomatically). Do they die again if you have no freezing option left or what? I don't get that. Somebody please let me know, cause I tend to freeze a lot!

How long does it take till the Killing option returns after you usd it? Does anbody knows that? I never payed much attention to that.

Thank you for helping me out here. smile.gif

Edited by Mirume

Did anybody try view bombing the hatchlings? I think that they should die this way too.

Only a couple of bugs need to be worked out for that plan and herefore I need some info if somebody can help. How does one View bomb them succeesfully without getting them gendered. How long does it take. I only killed 4 eggs at the beginning (when I joined dragon cave/ my first 4 eggs cause I did not even know) and never hatchlings. Is it even possible to kill them fast? How to do it best? Cna somebody tell em sides where they get sick fast?

Also if you have used all of your freezing spots and you revieve the hatchlinsg to turn them to Zobies (they get frozen aoutomatically). Do they die again if you have no freezing option left or what? I don't get that. Somebody please let me know, cause I tend to freeze a lot!

View bombing works, but I doubt you will successfully view-bomb without getting a gender. Gendering comes with views, which is why TJ's new release hatchies gender so fast. And an overkill of views is kind of the point of viewbombing.

Three good sites I know are Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's lair, and Eggs Around the World. Basically, though, throw them EVERYWHERE. (Honestly, letting them time-out is easier. Both for effort required and for getting ungendered.)

As for the freezing, I don't know. Logically, it might be like bite. Even if there are no kill slots, vamps can still kill eggs. Chances are that even if you have no freeze slots, it would auto-freeze.

View bombing works, but I doubt you will successfully view-bomb without getting a gender. Gendering comes with views, which is why TJ's new release hatchies gender so fast. And an overkill of views is kind of the point of viewbombing.

Three good sites I know are Allure of Neglected Dragons, Silvi's lair, and Eggs Around the World. Basically, though, throw them EVERYWHERE. (Honestly, letting them time-out is easier. Both for effort required and for getting ungendered.)

As for the freezing, I don't know. Logically, it might be like bite. Even if there are no kill slots, vamps can still kill eggs. Chances are that even if you have no freeze slots, it would auto-freeze.

Thank you for so far biggrin.gif but does anywone know how long they stay on the scroll before they die after they get sick. I mean if you really bomb them (by putting them in a signature in a forum) they should be able to die within 24 hours or so. Right? Does anyone know or did anyone try something like that?

Edited by Mirume

Thank you for so far biggrin.gif but does anywone know how long they stay on the scroll before they die after they get sick. I mean if you really bomb them (by putting them in a signature in a forum) they should be able to die within 24 hours or so. Right? Does anyone know or did anyone try something like that?

A dead hatchling and a dead Adult will stay on the scroll for two weeks. That's why when Halloween rolls around, you want to make sure that they are only on the 14th day.

I'm making my dragons revive within 13 days. I'd rather have extra time smile.gif

Thank you for this!

I really thought I'd worked up the nerve this year...but I read that message again and I just CAN'T. AUGH WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO SAD?

*sigh*

Forever Zombieless, but that's okay. I'll browse other scrolls and admire their legions of the undead.

Thank you for so far  biggrin.gif  but does anywone know how long they stay on the scroll before they die after they get sick. I mean if you really bomb them (by putting them in a signature in a forum) they should be able to die within 24 hours or so. Right? Does anyone know or did anyone try something like that?

If the hatchings' UV keep increasing,they should die in a few hours.A hatching can die in 2 hours if you can get it enough UV.(about 3000 UV for a hatching with 5 days,maybe less for hatchings with more time left.)

If you want an ungendered one,you must keep their UVs lower than 200,or they will gender.

For freeze part.I don't think that matter if you have freeze slot left or not.Just like the leetle tree,even you don't have freeze slot left,it will be auto-frozen when you get it,right?

Edited by Mercury