AlternateMew

Zombie advice

I'm no expert but...I think you have to wait until the 17th (or 18th? I've gotten conflicting info on the exact date)

I think you're right, the guide confuses me a little. Dang wasted five kill slots then and killed dragons for no reason and now I have a sad.

I think you're right, the guide confuses me a little. Dang wasted five kill slots then and killed dragons for no reason and now I have a sad.

Aww. sad.gif But, if you killed today, I think you'll get your kill slots back by the 24th or 25th (two weeks, if I read the guide right...), so you can try again.

Aww. sad.gif But, if you killed today, I think you'll get your kill slots back by the 24th or 25th (two weeks, if I read the guide right...), so you can try again.

That's what I think I read that made me go, oh totally can get 10 revive attempts this year. Ah well it's not a total loss . I have some eggs now to attempt hatchie revives. Thanks!

Maybe I should have waited until I got an answer but I think I read this correctly. I can kill adults now, not necessarily on the 17th and the tombstone and the option to revive will still be available on the 31st? Because only dead hatchie tombstones time out, right?

If I remember correctly, the kill feature works best when it's closer to Halloween. The odds are changed so that the adults are more likely to turn into zombies. I'm not saying easy, just more likely. Watch the threads and you'll read when others mention that their adults are starting to 'turn.'

I didn't get it. Can't I just kill the dragons I want day or two before halloween?

I have three zombies and still don't remember how this works. xd.png

They might not actually die instantly. Then you'll need to try again once a day until it works.

I didn't get it. Can't I just kill the dragons I want day or two before halloween?

I have three zombies and still don't remember how this works. xd.png

Well the reason why they're saying to kill on the 17th is so you have 10 chances of reviving. But yes, you can kill during October 17th - October 31st. You just have to use the revive on the 31st. If you killed on October 18th then there would be no way of you being able to use another 5 kill actions during/before October 31st. So basically less fodder less chances.

If I remember correctly, the kill feature works best when it's closer to Halloween. The odds are changed so that the adults are more likely to turn into zombies. I'm not saying easy, just more likely. Watch the threads and you'll read when others mention that their adults are starting to 'turn.'

The kill feature has nothing to do with the chance of being a zombie. The reason to kill early is so your kill chances come back so you can kill more. (or alternatively, the dragons dodge the blade and you have to wait 24 hours instead of needing new zombie foster)

A dead dragon can ONLY become a zombie if revived on Halloween night. Starting at midnight cave time. Supposedly there is a very, very small chance for any other time of year, but no one has ever been able to produce a zombie that wasn't made on Halloween.

Woo HOOO! Only had one dodger! Five adults under headstones.

To get an ungendered zombie, papers, cheeses and ungendered ND's work, correct? And to get an ungendered S2 zombie, letting one of those breeds run out of time should work fine?

Just to make sure I don't sacrifice this paper for nothing xd.png

Edit: Thanks Ruby Eyes, that was the information I was looking for smile.gif I just realized how badly I worded my question - I meant adults and S2 hatchies with undefined gender and didn't notice that genderless and ungendered is not the same xd.png

Edited by Ha-Ki

The other way round. For ungendered S1 hatchlings, any S1-Hatchling works.

For genderless S2 hatchlings or adults, it needs to be an unbreedable (like Paper or Cheese).

Letting them run out of time instead of killing them manually is just saving your killslots.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

4 successful kills and one hatchie dodged. It's kinda ironic because the dodger's name is 'Unlucky 'Lil Guy' haha.

Edit: Oh wait, it died, lol.

Anyways, I still have three more fogged hatchies who'll die in a couple hours.

Now I hope I'll have the same good luck when I revive them. tongue.gif

I'm quite excited - this is my first DC Holiday!

Edited by Pixel.G

Question: If you succeed in making a zombie, can it be named just like any other dragon or are they stuck with whatever name they had as zombie fodder?

Zombies can be named. I'm very sure I named Zmobie after her "revival" laugh.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Zombies can be named. I'm very sure I named Zmobie after her "revival" laugh.gif

Thanks... I was curious as I own no zombies and am sort of up in the air yet about if I want to try to make some.

Basically, after zombification, the only two actions left on their Actions page are Name/Rename and Describe.

Question: If you succeed in making a zombie, can it be named just like any other dragon or are they stuck with whatever name they had as zombie fodder?

yes, but if you name it before you revive it, and it dies (turns to dust), then the name dies with it.

All my zombie fodder are named and numbered as fodder...So what I do, is after I successfully revive it, then I give it a zombie name.

well crap xd.png i just killed 4 CB adults that didnt need to die shoulda checked my list before stabbing away. that kill message though </3

You can still revive them now if you don't want them to be zombies.

You can still revive them now if you don't want them to be zombies.

no sense doin that the kill slots are still waisted i may as well try for more zombies tongue.gif

Hm, I don't remember ... does a successful Revive not replenish your kill slots? I thought the slot is only gone as long as the dragon is actually dead (or undead).

Successful Revives no longer permanently take up a Kill slot. I believe that was changed last year.

2 out of 2 victims were obedient and died rolleyes.gif Forgot about Vampire kills, so missing three slots. Five more murders on October 31st... Using CB adults that have offspring, so hopefully it'll turn into a little Adams family come Halloween cool.gif

Edited by Mirhana