AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Final stats:

Fodder: 241

Zombies: 60 (on the last one, too xd.png)

Revives: 15

Disintegrated: 166

Went from 1/4 to 1/5 to 1/4 here, lol.

Edited by FortyTwo

I only had 5 set up to die, and none made it to zombiedom. Two came back alive though. Then I saw that I had 2 kills given back to me and went to try some of my dragons out. One died and now he's a male zombie with breed restricted lineage:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MZUd6

Next year I hope I have some lineages ready

My 2 success.

Shimmer Zom

I kinda feel bad about this one, it Survived a ND experiment only to end up a Zombie

Messy old Zom

I Use Halloween to clean house and this ol fella just so happened to be on the chopping block.

I do have to say I think i need to train more in knife use, because to kill 5 and Zom 2, i had to attack close to 15... I had that many dodges.

My stats from this year:

Male 2nd Gen Brown Copper - failed

Male CB White Stripe - success!

Female CB White Stripe - failed

Male CB Skywing - failed

Female Frozen Hatch 8th gen Bronze Shimmer - failed

The CB male was the only one I needed for completing my set of male, female, hatchie male, and hatchie female zombies. My overall stats for the past times I've done zombies are 4 out of 18, and two of the successes have been stripes haha.

After getting my first hatchling 2 years ago, I finally succeeded in zombifying an adult this year on my final attempt, and revived one completely. I stocked up early on and got 13 zombie fodder dragons so I would be prepared.

The only dragon that survived last year I named "I Won the Hunger Games". The one that I revived this year I named "Secretly I Am Jesus"... which also happens to be a water walker.

I think I'm going to release the survivors because I feel like it would be mean to use them next year too but mostly because I really hate water walkers and don't want them on my scroll lol

EDIT: Hold the phone, I had one more attempt and suceeded. Ye haw! Now I have a cute little undead dragon family. <3

You wouldn't want to use them again anyway. If they died and revived then you can't attempt to revive them again. Unless you mean they dodged the knife, in that case a different attempt may work.

I'm pretty emotionally attached to my dragons, but I'm a collector, so I finally convinced myself to kill a hatchling that didn't gender right. But as you can guess, it stayed dead when I tried to revive it and now I regret my descision so much. I feel so bad! If you think of your dragons as more than just pixels, I REALLY do not recommend trying for zombies, because there is always a chance it wont go as planned. :,(

My 2 success.

Shimmer Zom

I kinda feel bad about this one, it Survived a ND experiment only to end up a Zombie

Heh, I had this which suffered a similar fate, though it wasn't a shiny. It was purposely inbred, neglected (lil sod hatched), orphaned, neglected again (died) and then resurrected as a Zombie. Poor lil dragon! laugh.gif

This was my first Halloween and I wanted to try and make a zombie. I felt really bad killing two of my dragons :'( but at least one of them became a zombie. Actually I find zombie dragons really cute! But I'd love to see them all day ...it's not possible tho sad.gif

I made up my mind to kill my dragons at the VERY last minute! The first 4 all crumpled to dust, and I was getting desperate when I killed one of my olive dragons (I had two, and I only need one, anyway!) with the perfect zombie name - Bad Bloodz - and she turned! WHOOP!!!

remembered to do the second round of 5 kills, but they all disintegrated also.

Total zero success rate this year. I had cb's and bred, various breeds including

Vamps, didn't see any pattern except for "failure".

Awesome, thanks smile.gif

First question. I saw back on the original post that the earliest one should horde death hatchlings for revival into Zombies was around the 4th of October. Does that still hold true for this year? For some reason I though dead hatchlings disappeared from the scroll at around two weeks, not four. Can someone clarify this for me?

- Wait until the month of Halloween. This is for Zombie hatchies without using the Kill action. Get eggs that you'll hatch then fog until death.

Absolute EARLIEST: the 4th (Must hatch eggs on last day of survival, they'll barely stay to the 31st)

Absolute LATEST: The 22nd (Must incuhatch the eggs, and fog until death due to higher views making it where they'd grow up otherwise. Don't count on ungendered.)

Those hatchies? Forget about them. Move them out of sight, if you must. Let them die within two weeks before Halloween. They're your Zombie hatchie fodder.

I guess you mean this part. You're right, dead hatchies do disappear after two weeks.

I was sure the hatchies have to die at the 17th or later, so they're still on our scrolls on the 31st (if they die on the 17th, the time of the day matters as well for reviving them).

Since they need 7 days to run out of time, they have to hatch on the 10th (time of the day matters then) or later. Hatching them on the last day would be 3rd instead of 4th then - I guess it's 4th in the 1st post because the time of the day does not matter then?

Anyway, they don't grow up when they're fogged, even if they have enough views. I don't see any point in waiting full 7 days before hatching them.

- It's common courtesy to breed your own dragons, then kill the offspring. General rule here: Only kill what you bred and has no babies not on your scroll. Otherwise, you risk upsetting the breeder of your dragon or the people who have your dragon's current offspring. While no one can stop you, it is considered very rude.

The way I see it is if it's in the AP and has a messy or inbred lineage, it's fair game. Is that bad? ohmy.gif

Also, just curious...are Soulpeaces capable of being zombied (not that I want to try it with mine)? It would be interesting if that breed was actually incapable of being zombified, since they have Expunge.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

The way I see it is if it's in the AP and has a messy or inbred lineage, it's fair game.  Is that bad?  ohmy.gif

NO! Thank you for removing them from the gene pool! biggrin.gif

I personally only use CBs.

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I think Dinos were the only breed to be excluded from "Revive" action.

Breeds that I'm not sure on that can/cannot be revived:

Neglected

Guardian of Nature

So if I want an adult Zombie I have to kill an adult dragon?

So if I want an adult Zombie I have to kill an adult dragon?

That's if you want an adult zombie. If you want hatchling zombies you have to kill hatchlings off. Or just wait until 7d is up on their timer for free zombie fodder.

Maybe I should have waited until I got an answer but I think I read this correctly. I can kill adults now, not necessarily on the 17th and the tombstone and the option to revive will still be available on the 31st? Because only dead hatchie tombstones time out, right?

Maybe I should have waited until I got an answer but I think I read this correctly. I can kill adults now, not necessarily on the 17th and the tombstone and the option to revive will still be available on the 31st? Because only dead hatchie tombstones time out, right?

I'm no expert but...I think you have to wait until the 17th (or 18th? I've gotten conflicting info on the exact date)

Quoting the first post:

Anytime within 2 weeks before Halloween, do just that. Kill them.