AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Thanks for this! biggrin.gif

(I'm so soppy when it comes to my dragons; it still feel guilty about killing a pygmy called Littlesprk over a year ago. It doesn't help I sign up to the 'infinite parallel universes theory', which means that- somewhere out there- a little lizard really DID get stabbed... But I do dearly want a zombie, so I'm conflicted.)

I would personally recommend using Vampires for your Zombie experiments - well, at least for creating adult Zombies. Last year I killed 5 adult CB Vampires and 3 of them turned into a Zombie. The year before that I killed only one CB Vampire, but that one also successfully turned. Makes sense, doesn't it - Vampires are already undead, so the transformation to Zombie isn't as radical for them as it would be for still living dragons. wink.gif

Is that actually like a DC truth or just crazy coincidence? o: I would turn some vampires this year but I have a lineage of to-hopefully-be-zombies that I have to try fulfill first. .w.

Is that actually like a DC truth or just crazy coincidence? o: I would turn some vampires this year but I have a lineage of to-hopefully-be-zombies that I have to try fulfill first. .w.

I might do that to my vamp baby. What's the successfully turned message, again? biggrin.gif

I might do that to my vamp baby. What's the successfully turned message, again? :D

"You committed murder and reversed it enough to get away with it."

I don't remember and the wiki doesn't say. ;w;

"You successfully revive X", maybe? XD

"You successfully revive X", maybe? xd.png

|D; That'd be a horrible death message, lol. I think so.

From what I remember, I think the message went something like (but, don't quote me on it tongue.gif) this:

"The magic goes horribly wrong and your dragon has been replaced by some creature"

Is that actually like a DC truth or just crazy coincidence? o:

I don't know, actually. unsure.gif I already have several adult CB Vampires lined up for my zombie attempts, so we'll see how it goes this year. If it's yet another success story, I guess perhaps then we could really start to say that Vampires are better suited for zombie attempts. wink.gif

I might do that to my vamp baby. What's the successfully turned message, again? biggrin.gif

The message is: "You attempt to revive the dragon using magic, but something goes wrong and instead it becomes a zombie." smile.gif

"You successfully revive X", maybe? xd.png

It is mentioned in the Dragon Cave Wiki, actually. smile.gif Right here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Revive

Edited by Duysterwald

I'll be using this one for my first Zombie attempt. If it works, it'll look great. Fingers crossed :3

I made my first Vampire attempt but failed...

Not sure if I should try my female Vamp next...

Also very useful information on the Neglected part. Thanks.

Wow. A thread I made was bumped for usefulness? I feel not useless! xd.png

Actually made some tiny edits to the first post. Now that I'm back, any flaws or additions can be corrected/added. Now... I swear I saved a screencap of turning all three of my zombies. Where the heck did I put them? *searches through computer and flash drives*

I'll be using this one for my first Zombie attempt. If it works, it'll look great. Fingers crossed :3

Good thinking! I'd been sorting out some zombie fodder and I have a couple of step lineages that I didn't start myself, so now I know how to finish them! smile.gif

At first I thought I didn't need this thread as I don't mind killing virtual dragons, they don't feel anything after all. I do understand those who like to pretend that dragons are alive, and I do so myself (if I want to keep pretending, I imagine that the dragons I kill had to be put down because they were ill or a danger to the others).

I'm glad I looked at the thread anyway because you make a very good point about not using dragons who have offspring on other people's scrolls. Thanks for that reminder! smile.gif

There's one thing I didn't see (if someone already mentioned it and I overlooked it I apologise): if you successfully create a Zombie, remember that they are going to VANISH. They'll still be there but you can't see them on your scroll except on the 31st of a month, and when they appear, they won't appear in the spot where you put them.

However, if you have the lineage link, you can check up on your undead lovelies anytime. biggrin.gif So if you successfully create a Zombie, copy the link and keep it somewhere at hand (I put mine in my profile, then I can't lose them).

PROTIP: Murder dragon breeds you think are ugly or have just been bad to you. Needless to say there's a Green massacre a'brewin.

However, if you have the lineage link, you can check up on your undead lovelies anytime. biggrin.gif So if you successfully create a Zombie, copy the link and keep it somewhere at hand (I put mine in my profile, then I can't lose them).

Or their name. /view/n/DRAGON'S NAME links still work even though they're no longer default.

Killing frozen hatchlings works too right?

Yes. smile.gif That's what I usually do.

Added killing breeds you dislike, vanishing Zombies, the /view/n/DRAGON'S NAME code, ability to kill hatchies, dodgy adults, and used the second post for general advice and miscellany.

Thank you all for the extra tips! Will add a bit of an index later, need to get to class.

And just to make sure I don't screw it up you can revive as soon as you use kill right? I.e. kill on 31st and revive right after. But then there is the chance of it dodging ofc.

Edited by Ashywolf

Great idea on using dragons you don't like......I see an abundance of neglected albinos in my scrolls future.... << plus then technically I have a bunch of albinos on my scroll w/o having to look at them. smile.gif

And just to make sure I don't screw it up you can revive as soon as you use kill right? I.e. kill on 31st and revive right after. But then there is the chance of it dodging ofc.

Yes, you can revive as soon as you kill.

And if I remember right, a dodged kill does not count for a kill slot. Also, it will be a while (a few hours minimum, a full day max, so I've heard) before you would have a chance at killing that dragon again. All attempts during the "cooldown" will fail. Hence why it's good to start killing before Halloween. wink.gif

So, how much time do I have before the gravestones leave at the two week mark?

Edit: Although, now I think about it, I can just pick a day that will leave me a few days after Halloween for the first batch of dead dragons.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

Unsure if I have posted here or not but I wanted to give my advice. I collected 18 zombies last halloween. I got as many low time dragons as I could and viewbombed them. with some that had too many views and were close to growing up I hid them and let them die via the fog. Then I went on a reviving spree and got 18. If I remember right I had somewhere around 50-60 dead hatchies on my scroll. My friends helped me with it and gave me hatchies that they didn't need/want.

I hoped my post helped some, (I will be trying for more this halloween too) and if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me biggrin.gif.

Happy Zombie hunting!

Added that, rebelgoddess19. Nice method!

As for further editing, I'll wait until Monday. iPhones are not meant for post edits. dry.gif

Great idea on using dragons you don't like......I see an abundance of neglected albinos in my scrolls future.... << plus then technically I have a bunch of albinos on my scroll w/o having to look at them. smile.gif

I have a bunch of silver adults whose breeding lines I'm not crazy about keeping. Those adults are headed for zombieville come Halloween. laugh.gif

You can get gendered and ungendered Zombies.

For the ungendered Zombies you have to kill ungendered breeds. So here comes my question, can anyone remember, which breed turns into a zombie and which doesn´t ? Paper or Dino? I know, that one of them doesn´t turn....