AlternateMew

Zombie advice

I keep debating if I want to make more zombies. I really ought to make an S1, since my last S1 ended up mysteriously gendering after it was killed and zombified... That was weird.

I don't understand the 'emotionally' part... Do people really get upset when they kill their dragons?

I for one will be trying for more zombie hatchlings, though some adults wouldn't hurt. I have to do something with my inbreds anyway.

Yes, they are just pixels, but I am a flesh and blood human with a rather tender heart. I do have 9 Zombies though, two adults and a hatchling from 2011 and 6 hatchlings from last year,

In order to kill an adult dragon, I need to know its story, and why it dies before I can kill it. There must be something in the dragon's background that makes it susceptible to someone or something that allows it to be killed. And as for the actual action, I guess I try not to look. None of last year's adult were successful, but there was one last minute dodger, and one successfully revived to its original breed. I have three adults lined up so far, including the dodger from last year. The revived one would only die without any Revival available, so it has been permanently reprieved.

With the hatchlings, it's a little different, because I fog them and let the time run out, so I don't have to use Kill on them. I do move them to the end of my scroll so I am not seeing them all the time, which also helps. They all have stories about their transformations, even if I have not written a few of them out yet. Their deaths must have a reason, and their stories help.

And yes, I tend to use inbreds. My childhood best friend was abused as a child, and died way too young as a result of her inability to cope with the results of what was done to her. She was an emotional zombie in the last years of her life, but I still really miss that bright, sweet girl, and a few of my frozen and Zombie stories reflect aspects of this pain. <3

Just got the message to get over here, though I'm glad my post could be edited by mods. Been away for a while, so I'll need to read up on what I've missed!

Yes, they are just pixels, but I am a flesh and blood human with a rather tender heart. I do have 9 Zombies though, two adults and a hatchling from 2011 and 6 hatchlings from last year,

In order to kill an adult dragon, I need to know its story, and why it dies before I can kill it. There must be something in the dragon's background that makes it susceptible to someone or something that allows it to be killed. And as for the actual action, I guess I try not to look. None of last year's adult were successful, but there was one last minute dodger, and one successfully revived to its original breed. I have three adults lined up so far, including the dodger from last year. The revived one would only die without any Revival available, so it has been permanently reprieved.

With the hatchlings, it's a little different, because I fog them and let the time run out, so I don't have to use Kill on them. I do move them to the end of my scroll so I am not seeing them all the time, which also helps. They all have stories about their transformations, even if I have not written a few of them out yet. Their deaths must have a reason, and their stories help.

And yes, I tend to use inbreds. My childhood best friend was abused as a child, and died way too young as a result of her inability to cope with the results of what was done to her. She was an emotional zombie in the last years of her life, but I still really miss that bright, sweet girl, and a few of my frozen and Zombie stories reflect aspects of this pain. <3

Wow… now my story seems rather shallow in comparison. It's great you're honoring your friend.

My story for the Zombies is going to be that they are the result of experimentations done by my Vampire dragons. I've already specifically described the leader of my Vampire dragons as such, though I don't know if the description will be looked at by a mod by Halloween.

I'm debating wether or not to try for zombies this year, as I've already got a "full set". Two hatchies (One gendered, one not) from 2010, and one adult from last year. I might do a few more hatchlings, with the story being that one of the zombie hatchies got out and infected them, but I don't known. I don't wanna do any adults again though, too heart breaking.

Bookmarked for reference!

Gonna try for a complete set of sprites this year. smile.gif

I find it rather... /strange/ that people get emotional over killing sprites though ><

(or maybe I'm the one that's too unemotional.)

Seems like last year there were people who mentioned that turning

Vampires into Zombies has a better success rate. Is there any verification?

Also, does it seem to make any significant difference if you are trying

to Zombie a CB, lineaged, or inbred dragon?

Edited by grammydragon

I don't understand the 'emotionally' part... Do people really get upset when they kill their dragons?

I for one will be trying for more zombie hatchlings, though some adults wouldn't hurt. I have to do something with my inbreds anyway.

This Halloween I'm trying to get an adult male, the last I need to complete my set. I will not try any more zombie after I get a success on it because, yes, I feel bad seeing the killing sentence.

Also, all the dragons I try to zombify are common CB ones which never bred, because I couln't zombify a dragon with parents or offsprings.

Stupid? Of course it is. I perfecly know they are only pixels. But I also cry when some nice character from a novel I'm reading dies, and they are just paper and ink.

Stupid? Of course it is.

Not!

Compassion, empathy, concern, love, emotions/morality, responsibility, etc

all seem to be in low supply these days and not stupid at all. This whole "game"

seems to be about bonding with your dragons, ie: catching, nurturing,

keeping alive, breeding, and the very fact that even with incubate you still have

to use 5 days at least to grow up a dragon, limited kills/freezes, on and on...

On the other hand...there are the Vampire and Zombie and even Neglecteds

that need to be collected also.

Edited by grammydragon

Haha hey don't get me wrong, I too have a problem with personifying inanimate objects. A couple weeks ago I was unloading things from my car but decided to leave my violin case in the trunk, and my friend said something like "so you're just going to leave your violin, who served you faithfully through high school, in the trunk, alone, in the dark, unloved"... so it is now sitting in a corner of my room because I couldn't handle the visual. xd.png I am also a notorious packrat because I can't bear to throw anything away.

Maybe I just unconsciously have my dragons give their consent or something because it strangely doesn't bother me.

So, um, I'm a little stupid.. But how exactly does one create a Zombie "fodder?" Do we just gather up random eggs and hatch them until we are scroll locked, then kill them on Halloween? Also, when is it best to start building up the fodder?

So, um, I'm a little stupid.. But how exactly does one create a Zombie "fodder?" Do we just gather up random eggs and hatch them until we are scroll locked, then kill them on Halloween? Also, when is it best to start building up the fodder?

Some people get a bunch of hatchlings and time it to where they all die off from low views when Zombies are allowed to be made to get around the kill limit. Others will just kill dragons they already have, either adults or frozen hatchlings.

Edited by Flamingo

Some people get a bunch of hatchlings and time it to where they all die off from low views when Zombies are allowed to be made to get around the kill limit. Others will just kill dragons they already have, either adults or frozen hatchlings.

Oh. I see. That clears things up. Thanks.

"Or, just pretty little Halloween decorations! The more tombstones you have, the more you can decorate your scroll! wink.gif I'm serious, here. It really helps if you think of your new tombstones as decorations."

Isss it seriously bad if I want to do this now? I might keep a few dead things around all October just for Halloween spirit, ahaha!

Also, just to confirm: tombstones vanish after two weeks, so that means those kill slots (if it died due to an action) also come back in two weeks, right?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

"Or, just pretty little Halloween decorations! The more tombstones you have, the more you can decorate your scroll! wink.gif I'm serious, here. It really helps if you think of your new tombstones as decorations."

Isss it seriously bad if I want to do this now? I might keep a few dead things around all October just for Halloween spirit, ahaha!

Also, just to confirm: tombstones vanish after two weeks, so that means those kill slots (if it died due to an action) also come back in two weeks, right?

Yes. I think it was made on purpose, to notify you that you can [evil]taste blood again.[/evil]

Also, I think that you can only make Zombies at Halloween. TJ is the only person (I am not going to check every user's scroll at night) who's scroll has a Zombie that wasn't created on the 31st. But y'know...The possibility might be 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 which is never going to happen.

Also, I think that you can only make Zombies at Halloween.

The DC Wiki says that it was confirmed in an IRC chat by TJ that Zombies can only be created on Halloween.

Let me put it this way: I once drew a upset face on a cardboard paper towel tube. Thereafter, I was completely incapable of throwing the blasted thing away because it would look at me accusingly from the trash can and I felt responsible for it. Ridiculous? YES. Unfortunately for me, it's just the way I'm wired. At least I can be amused by it. xd.png

So yeah... it's hard for me to kill dragons. There's an element of my brain that personifies even inanimate objects, so killing little dragons with little faces that I've been role-playing I'm caring for just makes me feel like a horrible person, and the message that pops up after a successful kill makes me feel even worse. I do it anyway, because I want the zombies. So yeah... I need the emotional support. laugh.gif

Just keep telling yourself they are not real. Plus there is nothing wrong with feeling attached to your dragons and not wanting to kill them .. people do same thing with characters from movies, tv shows, etc. They cry when they die, even though they know it isnt real. So get emotional about it all you want, let it out, but keep telling yourself that dragon was not real.

Just keep telling yourself they are not real. Plus there is nothing wrong with feeling attached to your dragons and not wanting to kill them .. people do same thing with characters from movies, tv shows, etc. They cry when they die, even though they know it isnt real. So get emotional about it all you want, let it out, but keep telling yourself that dragon was not real.

If only it were that simple for me... laugh.gif

Trust me, it doesn't stop me from killing them (or, in the case of hatchlings, letting them die) for zombie fodder, but my brain has to come up with some other method of explaining their death - i.e., they were sickly and there was no way they ever would have survived; this one was killed by a traitorous friend; this one I killed BECAUSE it was the traitorous friend. Just telling myself "Ahhh, they're just pixels" doesn't work for me.

And you don't even want to see me during movies and books. Ohhhhh, the floodgates open. You know why? Because inside, they are real to me. So it's not effective for me to tell myself "it's not real" because then I just feel angry at myself for being ridiculous. Instead, I allow them to be real in a different place than your standard reality.

For those who want to do something a bit more fun with their Zombie fails, try looking up silly gravestone epitaphs, like "I told you I was sick" or "Ben Dismembered. May he rest in pieces" or whatever else, and name your soon-to-be attempts accordingly. If they die, hey, you have cute joke gravestones; if they live, you can always rename them later. biggrin.gif

(Remember, you can't rename dead-dead things, which is why you'd need to name them first~)

I used to have a little trouble with killing pixles - but then I realized that - in many cases - it serves a purpose.

On a few other games, you can delete/release your various pets - which in return frees up data for the game (thus allowing more and/or better features). While I am not sure if this is how it works with killed/released dragons - it's another thing you could tell yourself (kill a dragon, help the game)

Now - I have no trouble with preforming said action (However, I only preform killing around Halloween to get myself some Zombies [i need a Female now - plan to use a Horse Dragon as my first Zombie is a horse]

Oooo, the low time AP is going to make gather hatchie fodder easy. Going to have to readjust my time schedule.

The month of scroll lockage shall soon begin!

uh, run that naming thing again please...what exactly is the situation on

names and changing them?

If you kill an un-named dragon, and then it is successful Zombie, can you

give it a name afterward?

If you have a named dragon that is killed, and it becomes a Zombie, can't

you give it a different name afterward?

uh, run that naming thing again please...what exactly is the situation on

names and changing them?

If you kill an un-named dragon, and then it is successful Zombie, can you

give it a name afterward?

If you have a named dragon that is killed, and it becomes a Zombie, can't

you give it a different name afterward?

Just checked mine and yep, you can rename 'em.

Lol you guys think it bad for killing pixels? So do I, but my problem goes all the way back to when I was in kindergarten, where my mom used to buy me bear shaped bread for breakfast. I used to hate eating them, I felt so bad!!

And it's silly, but when my parents give me something, even something so small as a silly note, etc, I've never thrown one away. I can't. O.o

And aye I feel bad about killing my dragons too. O.o especially with that death description, aka "...watches you, wondering why you betrayed it." Etc. o.O