AlternateMew

Zombie advice

Silly question, and I'm sorry if it's already been answered (I've read the thread a few times now but don't see it specified), but this will be my first attempt at Zombies. I never kill anything, I hardly ever bite anything..so this whole thing is just way out of my normal realm of DC play!

I've got several hatchlings with low UVs that I'm "fogging to death" in preparation for reviving on Halloween. I'm also still trying to decide which 5 adults I'm going to kill to make those attempts.

My question is - are the low UVs essential for fogging to death, or will any hatchling time out regardless of views/uvs if it's fogged?

Hope that makes sense. I'm not great at explaining things when I'm sleepy!

Edited by danegrrrl

Silly question, and I'm sorry if it's already been answered (I've read the thread a few times now but don't see it specified), but this will be my first attempt at Zombies. I never kill anything, I hardly ever bite anything..so this whole thing is just way out of my normal realm of DC play!

I've got several hatchlings with low UVs that I'm "fogging to death" in preparation for reviving on Halloween. I'm also still trying to decide which 5 adults I'm going to kill to make those attempts.

My question is - are the low UVs essential for fogging to death, or will any hatchling time out regardless of views/uvs if it's fogged?

Hope that makes sense. I'm not great at explaining things when I'm sleepy!

If left fogged, it cannot grow up. It can grow to it's second hatchie stage, however. That's where the low views come in; for ungendered hatchies w/o killing a frozen. wink.gif

@CDM: Let it choose? Try to kill it once or twice as an adult and dodge if it so pleases? That would bring in the Y/N choice. xd.png

I see... I think. tongue.gif

So, if I don't care if it's gendered or not (does that make a difference in the whole zombie game?), I can fog any hatchling til it times out and dies, and it will still be a viable subject for revival?

(The more I think I understand, the more I realize I don't. xd.png )

I see... I think. tongue.gif

So, if I don't care if it's gendered or not (does that make a difference in the whole zombie game?), I can fog any hatchling til it times out and dies, and it will still be a viable subject for revival?

(The more I think I understand, the more I realize I don't. xd.png )

Yep, that's right. smile.gif It doesn't make a difference what gender your zombie is unless you have a personal preference for one or the other. It's a little more trick if you want an ungendered one, but for a gendered one, you've got the idea down. wink.gif

Man...that kill message really is terrible...:'C Oh well...For SCIENCE!

5 kill attempts: 2 deaths, 3 dodges. I can try killing the dodges again after a day, right?

Yes, you can.

Just tried with my CB Nebula again - successfully sent down to the "better world".

Wait, can u start killing now?

Yes you can, in 2 weeks it will be the 31st so as long as you make sure to revive before the time where they vanish it hopefully will result in a zombie tongue.gif

I have 21 hatchlings on my scroll about to be zombie tested *checks their fogs just in case*

Let the zombie experiments begin!

Wait, so u kill, then instantly revive them?

No, you start killing when you want just make sure that you give a couple days notice so if they dodge you can try again.

You revive them on the 31st.

31st Cave time?

Annndddd... I dont geddit :/

I'll wait till next year.

31st Cave time?

You have to revive a dragon on Halloween for it to become a zombie.

As the tombstones of dead dragons stay on your scroll for 2 weeks, you can revive them as long as you have the tombstone. 17th was the first day you could kill them and still have the tombstones on for halloween.

My slaughter happens today 3:). As I'm away for Halloween, I don't really mind about my kill slots, so I'm just going to kill five ungen hatchlings and get my friend to revive them. I'm also going to start killing today, as I only want one ungen zombie, an when I get that zombie I will stop reviving them. I can then simply revive them the next day smile.gif Minimal death, and much nicer than my plan in April in which 42 dragons died smile.gif

31st Cave time?

As in, when the time switches at Midnight EST when the 30th becomes the 31st. I am in EST and right now, it's about 3:19am. That's Cave time.

To revive, go to the dragon's action page and there will be a link to "revive." Click on that and the dragon will either become a Zombie dragon, disintegrate (to be dead-dead,) or revive as a normal dragon.

I'm still so undecided about DieYN laugh.gif I'm just so worried that, no matter what, he/she will die die. Dang-it laugh.gif

I do like your idea too, AlternateMew!

Edited by CDM

My first zombie fodder hatchies will die today unsure.gif

I have 16 fogged hatchies on my scroll and 2 dead adults so I hope at least one of them will become a zombie.

Oooh, we can haz kills now?

*hovers hesitantly*

Well, if I somehow timed it wrong, I'm screwed since I already built the lineage for these guys. XD

Anyways, just stabbed four and they all died. :( I picked fogs. I love fogs but I thought they went well with zombies sooo yeah.

Haven't decided what to kill for the 5th. I have a fifth fog as backup but I may do something different if I can't get these four fellas to zombify. Pleaseeee zombify, omg. I took so long getting your lineage together. XD But 4/4 is pretty much impossible, I guess. :s

... Also need to turn some random dragon so I can finally move my "Zombify" placeholder name that I've had for over a year now, lol.

tried killing the 5 designated zombiefodder dragons on my scroll, 4/5 dodged - good thing there's still a few weeks until halloween

I have some questions if anyone can help me :3

I suck at math so I was wondering, if I kill my zombie fodder today will the tombstones disappear at the 31st at this same time and will I get my kill slots back or am I already a day late?

I read somewhere that if you time it right you could get more chances at killing extra dragons before the 31'st is gone, that is if they don't dodge.

Also can I start reviving on the 31'st at any hour or is there a better chance closer to midnight?

I hope I explained myself clearly happy.gif

Edited by Elery.

Added a small general 'How-to' to the second post, since so many sound like they could use it. Starting to think I ought switch the body content of the first and second posts, as the second is quickly becoming much more relevant.

I just realized I killed all four of mine, looked at that message, and thought "Oh, you sweet little spitfires" instead of "Ahhhh! That horrible, guilt-ladden message"! Yeah, I think I'm desensitized. Now I just hope my healing shiv didn't really kill them. They haz kids! xd.png

@Elery: It's in the time frame. Pick up that blade and hack away!

The theory of extra kills required killing fodder yesterday. The thought is that the kill slots might come back on the 31st after the tombstones would disappear.

Any hour will do. Unless you're one of us crazies who killed yesterday just to see if an extra round of kills will work. Then it's best before the tombstones disappear. xd.png

EDIT: How I read the message: You take your blade and stab -X-, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, awaiting the ritual you promise to use to give it new life. He/She was raised to anticipate becoming a member of the undead, after all.

Edited by AlternateMew

Thank You AlternateMew ^-^

Killed 2 and 3 dodged. I'm desensitized too xd.png When they dodged what came to mind was "Damn it why didn't you die? D:" xd.png and I got all happy the other too didn't dodge, I'm so mean tongue.gif

This is a great thread btw, good job ^-^

Edited by Elery.

"You take your blade and stab >INSERT NAME HERE<, watching the life slowly leave its eyes as it stares at you, wondering why you betrayed it." Wow. Okay. This is the first time I've ever killed one of my dragons, so...that statement gets to me. BUT! Zombie = ungh do want. :c I hope at least one of them turns.

I'm wavering again. I hate that message but I want zombies! aghaghagh I even froze two hatchies just in case I got brave. WHAT DO.

Geez, I'm so late this year. It isn't until today that my fogballs start dying. I started killing my adults too today, two killed and three avoided the blade.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow. biggrin.gif

That trixy Balloon went down without a fight, and I had one more successful kill.

So now I'm at 4 out of 5. One dodger still.

My fodder were all Nocturne's and one Balloon.

Balloon - dodged once

Nocturne #5 dodged twice now.

We will see which fate will be in store for him after the midnight hour when the killswitch resets. O.o

But yes, the message is horrible - that's why I kinda look off and see if there is a long message or a shorter one. xd.png

Edited by panic siren

I'm still so undecided about DieYN laugh.gif  I'm just so worried that, no matter what, he/she will die die.  Dang-it laugh.gif

Love that code. I hope you breed it before you decide what to do with it. Offspring from that as a zombie would be awesome. laugh.gif

Edited by Tawanda001