AlternateMew

Zombie advice

You can get gendered and ungendered Zombies.

For the ungendered Zombies you have to kill ungendered breeds. So here comes my question, can anyone remember, which breed turns into a zombie and which doesn´t ? Paper or Dino? I know, that one of them doesn´t turn....

Ummm... I'm pretty sure you can use an ungendered Neglected for an ungendered Zombie. *dodges bricks for mentioning killing Neglecteds* But I don't believe artificials like paper and cheese OR dinos can be used. Can't think of anything else that would be ungendered, though... (Anyone care to correct me? I'm going off the wiki here, and we all know how accurate wikis are known to be.)

Edited by AlternateMew

For my zombie (and neglected) attempts I only use CB dragons with no offsprings. It will probably sound silly since they're pixels, but I prefer killing dragons with no parents and no progeny. This way I feel I'm not breaking any family.

Next Halloween I'm going to try for a male adult and an ungendered hatchling, so I'll have a zombie of every gender and stage. I'm going to get 3-4 adult males and 3-4 frozen hatchlings and use the kill action of them. I just need 2 successufull attemps, so my 5 kill slots are more then enough and I'm not going to kill the hatchlings of sickness or of low views. Just one single and fast shot.

Edited by Iside

Ummm... I'm pretty sure you can use an ungendered Neglected for an ungendered Zombie. *dodges bricks for mentioning killing Neglecteds* But I don't believe artificials like paper and cheese OR dinos can be used. Can't think of anything else that would be ungendered, though... (Anyone care to correct me? I'm going off the wiki here, and we all know how accurate wikis are known to be.)

I officially correct you :-)

I have an ungendered Zombie and I didn´t use a Neglected for sure! So that leaves papers, Dinos and cheeses. But I know that one didn´t work at all......

I officially correct you :-)

I have an ungendered Zombie and I didn´t use a Neglected for sure! So that leaves papers, Dinos and cheeses. But I know that one didn´t work at all......

Ah, perfect! laugh.gif (I would guess Dinos can't? Since they're flat-out NOT dragons.)

All Dragon breeds can be zombified, even Golds, Drake, Vampires, Pygmies and Splits (the last two have a regular zombie sprite, even if their size/aspect isn't like other Dragons). Unbreedables such as Papers, Cheeses and Dinos can't be zombified.

From the wiki.

But - there's no sprite for it that I can see... There is for a neglected....

From the wiki.

But -  there's no sprite for it that I can see... There is for a neglected....

Well how come, that I have an ungendered one on my scroll? http://dragcave.net/lineage/E4HB

I Tell you, it worked, believe me or not

Edited by Becka

Well how come, that I have an ungendered one on my scroll?

I Tell you, it worked, believe me or not

Just for the sake of it, do you mind linking us to it's lineage? An ungendered Zombie isn't exactly common! xd.png

So you can only do 5 experiments a year then basically? Assuming all 5 dragons up for testing are killed before 31st.

Edited by Ashywolf

I currently have two zombies. Both with horrible lineages.

Two years ago I only killed 1 dragon that was inbred and, of course, that was the one that turned.

Last year I did a whole bunch of hatching the hatchies and letting them die. No killing button necessary. And they stay up to 2 weeks on your scroll so I could start the planning a little over 2 weeks ahead.

And again, the only one that had a horrible lineage turned.

Both my zombies are described.

Athena Sparkle

Dandelion Sparkle

What are the estimated chances of a dragon turning outside the Halloween range? I can remember reading something saying it was about 1/100, but I was curious if that was true or not.

Since I have nearly half a page of zombie fodder, I don't mind going through a few if I can try for zombies year round xd.png

Just for the sake of it, do you mind linking us to it's lineage? An ungendered Zombie isn't exactly common! xd.png

I´d love too, but there are only to be seen in my early morning, while I am not at the computer. Maybe someone would like to check my scroll (link below) for it? There are very much at the top - directly under the eggs and under the chicken named: THE ZOMBIE FAMILY nighttime only

Here it is: http://dragcave.net/lineage/E4HB

Edited by Becka

So you can only do 5 experiments a year then basically? Assuming all 5 dragons up for testing are killed before 31st.

Yup, 5 for adult attempts. You can get a ton more if you're going for hatchies too and let as many of them die before the 31st (within 2 weeks, ofc). Which kinda sucks because I'm "locked" to just 5 attempts per year as I don't keep frozen hatchlings on my scroll. .n.

In two years, I've only gotten one zombie. adfasjh

ugh lol i simply can not do this xd.png i want zombies so bad but i was literally upset when i had a little er albino hatchling that i named chance and the poor thing didnt make it i tried 2 revive it but it became dust of corse this was a long time ago but i still feel like crap killin em =P

I cant seem to find when to make sure you stop killing before halloween, to have the kill slots open. I thought the slots take a few weeks? I havnt tried a vampire in about a month, trying to make sure I am open in kill slots! haha

Also, if anyone else is looking to make some even-gen zombie lineages (i have a GREAT one someone gifted me right here) I'd love to swap eggs to continue an even-gen zombie project! Oh, and what confused me before about zombies, with the whole "do their parents show up in the lineage, from a descendants POV?", I have another zombie-offspring right here - you can see the difference.)

Edited by girlgamerjen

Gack! That just reminded me. Time to hold back my Vampires. *has only one kill slot atm* Good thing, too. I was just about to grab a pair of bite-fodder.

This is my Zombie lineage http://dragcave.net/lineage/iEWI

Just as a reminder: It is worth it to first breed a few nice offspring of planned (CB) Zombie fodder, to hopefully get one like this to continue a lineage.

Yes! I'm planning to try for some zombie lineages myself, just started with the test breeding phase (to make sure mates won't be rejected).

I've been releasing the offspring to the AP (such as this one and this other one), but since the hopefully-future-zombie parents are named in a way that makes their planned fate obvious, I don't think it is likely to upset those who pick up the eggs.

I'm interbreeding a four dragons and hoping at least one male and female adult survive. Hopefully, a they'll each produce at least one child with both potential mates, and the result ought be an offspring with both parents as Zombies. If I get really lucky, all four CB fodder will become zombies. But I won't hold my breath for that.

Last year was wonderful. Both killed adults zombified, and one of... what, ten hatchies? But the adults were more important because I killed them manually. Hatchies, I didn't really care.

I really need to plan ahead earlier next year. Like starting right after this Halloween. That's the only way I'll have a real chance at my PB 2nd gen Zombie hatchie. I so want that. cool.gif

Last year I only revived one female Zombie and one female Hatchling. Not very successful. This year I'm going to do as some of you mentioned. Kill the adults almost two weeks ahead of time to see if they will die and if they don't try some others. Then try and revive on Halloween.

The only thing I wonder about is, would we have better luck killing on Halloween and reviving to get a Zombie? Or better luck killing two weeks out and waiting to revive the Adult on Halloween? Does anyone know?

If I revive 5 hatchlings on Halloween and they all die, will they take up 5 hatchling spots for 24 hours? Or are they a "freebie spot' for Halloween and don't count?

Also I thought I remember reading somewhere that the lower views an adult has, the easier it is to kill and revive. It won't dodge the knife. Has anyone heard that before?

Killing adults should start around the 16th yes?

I'm killing mine on the 18th. That's 13 days by the time Halloween arrives and I'd rather have a bit of a cushion in case I calculate wrong smile.gif

Last year I only revived one female Zombie and one female Hatchling. Not very successful. This year I'm going to do as some of you mentioned. Kill the adults almost two weeks ahead of time to see if they will die and if they don't try some others. Then try and revive on Halloween.

The only thing I wonder about is, would we have better luck killing on Halloween and reviving to get a Zombie? Or better luck killing two weeks out and waiting to revive the Adult on Halloween? Does anyone know?

If I revive 5 hatchlings on Halloween and they all die, will they take up 5 hatchling spots for 24 hours? Or are they a "freebie spot' for Halloween and don't count?

Also I thought I remember reading somewhere that the lower views an adult has, the easier it is to kill and revive. It won't dodge the knife. Has anyone heard that before?

I failed on all mine last year. 5 killed adults (all but one ahead of time) and as I recall about 8 dead hatchies sad.gif

But is that true about low views ? That would be useful to know.

As far as I know a death is a death, but I don't THINK a death from reviving counts. The death already happened. and assuming they have passed the 24 hour mark since you let them die, they shouldn'tcount as hatchies either ?

Haloclimb, all I've ever heard about zombies out of season that involved any backing at all, of any kind, involved people explaining that they'd never seen one created on any date but at Halloween.

I haven't been on much for a while, and something may have changed in the interim, but while a number of people have claimed it's possible, various people tried back before there was a kill limit and went through a whole swack of dragons with no success, so I'd say, in view of this, that if it really is possible to make Zombies year round, the odds are so low that it would appear that nobody's ever done it.

If anyone actually HAS, it would be great to see a link put up somewhere, with the date.

If you killed them using Kill on Halloween, I don't know. But I would guess/plan that they'll still count for the 24h. If you let them all die via viewbomb/time out, they do not count towards your limits, as they would not normally.

EDIT: Fixed some wording/formatting in second post.

Edited by AlternateMew