AlternateMew

Zombie advice

that does make sense. but when do halloween eggs show up? (seeing as how a certain amount of them will count towards scroll total) and... there isnt a scroll limit on halloween eggs, right? but there is on vday and christmas?

Ohh, bad choice of words on my part - sorry! I meant scroll limits as in egg limits. Y'know, the amounts of growing eggs/hatchies you can hold on your scroll at one time.

New Halloween eggs show up on the 31st of October. Older breeds of Halloween eggs usually start being bred/appearing in the AP around a week prior(?). Pretty sure it's a week, anyway. Or was it three days? Derp.

Nope, there are no limits on Halloween eggs because Halloween is all about "greed" while the others are more gracious. :P

I am horrible with numbers, so what I wanna know is how many should I/can I kill for zombies, whilst also getting some halloween babies to keep and breed. Is there restrictions on the amount of halloween babies to get, for example?!

And how do you get zombie hatchies compared to zombie adults. They dont age, correct? So you have to kill some of the hatchies, and kill some adults. So... there's that.

edit in:

..this sounds dumb, but i could always freeze the zombie fodder, right? raise it to hatchie, etc and then freeze it before halloween? to get ready? just curious.

You can only kill 5 dragons in two weeks.That means you can only obtain 5 zombies through killing at most.(Of cause you won't)

So only kill adults.Let the hatchings run out of time to die.

You can keep as many dead hatchings as you can in two weeks before Halloween.

Then revive them on that day.

The ratio is about 1/3,not 1/2.

I got 7 zombies hatchings out of about 20 dead hatchings last year.

One successful zombie hatching uses up one freezing spot(Edit. It will be back in two weeks).I am not sure if you can still get zombies after the 14th.(I don't think that anyone will get so many zombie hatchings.That means he must own 40 dead hatchings at least..)

Edited by Mercury

You can only kill 5 dragons in two weeks.That means you can only obtain 5 zombies through killing at most.(Of cause you wo't)

Wow - thanks! I thought it was was 5/1 week. Now I have some hatchies to starve.... 3:)

One successful zombie hatching takes up one freezing spot.I am not sure if you can still get zombies after the 14th.(I don't think that anyone will get so many zombie hatchings.That means he must own 40 dead hatchings at least..)

Are you sure? I have 13 zombie hatchies and 16 freezing slots at the moment. Maybe you mean hatchies that were frozen and then killed. unsure.gif

Oh, this is my scroll from last year. Let's see if I manage to do this again. laugh.gif

user posted image

Decided too late that I wanted to name them and unfogged them to do so. Of course one of them grew up on me. dry.gif (That's why some of the early ones are unnamed.)

The last two foggballs died after a while in case you wonder. I was eager to take a screenshot. xd.png

ETA: Oh, 5 adults and 37 hatchies gave me.... *drum roll* No adult zombies, two revivals and 11 zombie hatchies.

Edited by CatCreature

I've only ever had one zombie... one of my hatchies got sick and died around Halloween, I successfully revived it. No murder or zombie fodder required. Not that killing pixels really bothers me anyway.

Edited by Shay-la!

Personally, I am not bothered by the killing them... just when they are unsuccessful. That's what bothers me lol.

*Makes a note to check all your scrolls on Halloween to see your results biggrin.gif

I've got a few frozen pygmy hatchlings that might make good ungendered zombie hatchlings. Anyone know of any problems using pygmies? Does it work?

*Makes a note to check all your scrolls on Halloween to see your results :D

I've got a few frozen pygmy hatchlings that might make good ungendered zombie hatchlings. Anyone know of any problems using pygmies? Does it work?

According to the DC Wiki, you can zombify them. :3

Edit: Oh hey, they say vampires can be zombified! Must think of doing something like that next year. Would be cool to have a "Bitten by" zombie. xP

Edited by Varekis

Are you sure? I have 13 zombie hatchies and 16 freezing slots at the moment. Maybe you mean hatchies that were frozen and then killed.  unsure.gif

Oh, this is my scroll from last year. Let's see if I manage to do this again.  laugh.gif

Decided too late that I wanted to name them and unfogged them to do so. Of course one of them grew up on me.  dry.gif (That's why some of the early ones are unnamed.)

The last two foggballs died after a while in case you wonder. I was eager to take a screenshot.  xd.png

ETA: Oh, 5 adults and 37 hatchies gave me.... *drum roll* No adult zombies, two revivals and 11 zombie hatchies.

Sorry,I didn't make it clearly.

What I mean is that successful one uses up one freezing spot,it will be back in two weeks.

I didn't get adults either.

Cross fingers for both of us

Edited by Mercury

I have been wondering for a few months now wether or not I should try for a S2 and adult Zombie. I'd like to be able to have the adult nicely lineaged. But I actually feel for those pixels on a screen and I know it's gonna be painful when I try D:

I'm going to be an idiot and try to killrevive right now. Edit when done ;p

woahwat.

user posted image

weird image glitch o3o

also, dangit. Just a regular revival. At least I don't feel so terrible...

user posted image

Edited by dangershy

I'm going to be an idiot and try to killrevive right now. Edit when done ;p

woahwat.

user posted image

weird image glitch o3o

also, dangit. Just a regular revival. At least I don't feel so terrible...

user posted image

Wait,you said that you did this just now?

It means that it is "impossible" to get a zombie but can still revive successful now,right?

I killed and revived within the same three minutes. So it's possible to revive normally, but I'm uncertain about the zombie revival.

I killed and revived within the same three minutes. So it's possible to revive normally, but I'm uncertain about the zombie revival.

There's no non-Halloween zombie except TJ's,so it is said that we can't get zombie now.

Howerer I won't try that.

So, to get this straight:

1. You can kill any dragon with 2 weeks before halloween (obv cause tombstone disappears after 2 weeks).

2. Reviving MUST be done on the 31st and not any other time?

Edited by Ashywolf

1. You can kill any dragon with 2 weeks before halloween (obv cause tombstone disappears after 2 weeks).

I'd like to know this too.

Hello!

I have 8 zombies (A zombie family, 4 hatchlings and 4 adults)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

and I'm looking forward to adding to them!

Just a note of caution, last year I had around 20 dead hatchlings, only 1 zombified. I must have had a whole bunch of bad luck, so don't count on having all of them zombifying!

Edit: I just remembered, deadlines don't work with zombies, I'm afraid. Example

I think because they aren't erased from the database the lineages don't disappear

Edited by PonyTales

Alright, because I have nothing to do, I'll reattemt an early zombie with the hatchie again. Will update.

EDIT: What. I successfully revived but it's showing a tombstone now? I'll try with my waverunner hatchie. (frozen, of course)

EDIT AGAIN: Failed revival.

Edited by dangershy

I'll try to get a Zombie hatchling this year (I have only one adult zombie from last year so far).

Did I get this right: I can breed or catch and hatch the eggs normally but once they hatch I fog them and let them run out of time? The views they got so far won't be enough to grow up anyway? Or could that still happen?

I'll try to get a Zombie hatchling this year (I have only one adult zombie from last year so far).

Did I get this right: I can breed or catch and hatch the eggs normally but once they hatch I fog them and let them run out of time? The views they got so far won't be enough to grow up anyway? Or could that still happen?

That can be slightly risky because the views accumulated as an egg could be enough for the hatchling to grow up once you unfog it. People tend to fog eggs until they ER, hatch them and then fog them until their timer hits zero. :)

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Varekis

That can be slightly risky because the views accumulated as an egg could be enough for the hatchling to grow up once you unfog it. People tend to fog eggs until they ER, hatch them and then fog them until their timer hits zero. smile.gif

Alright, I'll try it this way then. Thanks!

I would personally recommend using Vampires for your Zombie experiments - well, at least for creating adult Zombies. Last year I killed 5 adult CB Vampires and 3 of them turned into a Zombie. The year before that I killed only one CB Vampire, but that one also successfully turned. Makes sense, doesn't it - Vampires are already undead, so the transformation to Zombie isn't as radical for them as it would be for still living dragons. wink.gif

Yes, you are correct... AND the reviving must be done on October 31st, aka Halloween, as opposed to the 31st of any given month. As far as anybody knows, Halloween's the only time zombies are possible unless you're TJ.

Edited by jerusha