rogue-fox

Thankgiving Food

Whats your favoite food dish on Thankgiving?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh~ I'm excited for Thanksgiving this year. My mouth is watering thinking of all the delicious food. *drools*

Hopefully I can get my hands on some ham. The thick slices my dad cuts are always delicious as sandwiches.

Also I'm really hoping to make german style potato salad this year. I haven't made it in a while and it would be a good chance to do so. biggrin.gif

Oh man I feel like I'm missing out on so much. My family's Chinese and usually my parents just invite a bunch of people over, eat Chinese food (occasionally barbecue things or buy chicken or something), then I go upstairs while everyone plays cards and laughs obnoxiously loudly. I'm in Canada so we celebrate Thanksgiving earlier, and this time we didn't even do anything I think.

Where do you get cranberry sauce I want to consume large cylinders of jelly of doubtful composition too ;-;

Corn pudding. Best thing evar.

Actually, my favorite thanksgiving food is sushi. Had it a previous year, and we're doing it again this year. <3

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Ohgosh, this is such a hard choice. I love food.

I like rolls and stuffing (as long as it's vegetarian), mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, casseroles, corn bread, any type of bread really... and like Leidarendi and Kelkelen, cranberry sauce! Yep, processed canned stuff is good sometimes. For some reason I don't like "real" cranberry sauce with the berries still in it. xd.png

I put mashed potatoes as my choice.

I love everything else (I will eat everything on the table xd.png) but the first thing I head towards is usually mashed potatoes.

I too Love mashed potatoes, but here they are very much an every-day-Food. Is that different for you guys?

You should have added an option in the poll to vote for all of it or an option to say "I can't decide! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM"

I love the turkey, the stuffing, the potatoes, the gravy, the cranberry sauce, the sweet potato pie, I love it all except for the ham! (I just don't like ham in general) We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year so there will be several more people than what I would prefer. But family is family and this may be the last thanksgiving for one of my uncles.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, cranberry sauce (solid kind) fruit salad, candied yams, Martinelli's and pumpkin pie. Now THAT'S a proper Turkey Day dinner.

Fractional Pi Day

Posted on Nov 11 2013, 11:06 PM .

Where do you get cranberry sauce I want to consume large cylinders of jelly of doubtful composition too ;-;

I am not sure why one would say it is of doubtful composition as it is made of cranberries, sugar, water, and some type of gelatin. If you can't get it try making cranberry sauce, removing the pieces of cranberry from the cooked water, sugar, cranberry mixture and refrigerating it. It will gel if you brought the mix to a boil, cookied it on a slow rolling boil for a bit and then simmered it for 15 minutes or so on as low as you can go.

Ocean Spray makes the most famous one here in the states. Most US grocery stores have a cranberry jelly of their own. They all taste pretty much alike, but I think most of us prefer the Ocean spray. Not sure if they sell it out of the country. Get a friend to ship you a can if you have friends in the USA. Refrigerate the jellied Cranberry sauce in the fridge for a few hours, then cutboth ends of the can/tin out and push the jelly out from one end. It goes really well with most baked or roasted poultry. Get an invite to a friend's house next year if you are old enough to be allowed to visit and have a friend whose family is willing to take in visitors. It's a tradition to take in friends who wouldn't be getting a turkey dinner otherwise here in the states for many people.

I agree with the other forum member who said why make me choose? I love the traditional meal especially our bread stuffing, turkey breast, cranberry jelly, with rolls, butter and wine. Pumpkin chiffon pie or chocolate pie in an oreo crust with sweet chocolate, condensed milk, chocolate pudding and cool whip Our family has dubbed this kraft/ jello recipe chocolate crack pie. Delicious!:D

I do hate cleaning up after Turkey dinner or Easter ham. It seems to take forever and after cooking it I don't want to put leftovers away and do dishes.

ohmy.gif

Edited by DustyBelle

For my Thanksgiving we get a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and everything else on that list you have in the poll.... the three I actually mentioned have a habit of tying depending on who cooks what.

Stuffing, though, is what I chose as it usually is my favorite favorite no matter who cooks.

LMAO Chocolate Crack Pie sounds delicious! It also reminds me of this one dessert I had at our neighbor's Halloween party. There was chocolate cake on the bottom, then chocolate mousse, and chocolate cookie crumbs, and then a whole bunch of oil based whipped topping (The stuff that comes in the tubs and is a bit heavier than real whipped cream) it was in a large bowl and you dug out a piece using a spoon.

Edited by Cecona

I'm Native American so my favorite is something called sunflower seed cakes. They're delicious. We also have amazing fry bread but we have that every now and then anyway so it's not technically a "Thanksgiving dish."

To be honest, I've never heard of most of the foods listed on the poll (ie. stuffing, casserole, cranberry sauce), but my favorite food during the holiday would be mashed potatoes.

I voted for mashed potatoes in the poll, but I really love cranberry sauce and apple sauce (neither in the poll)

Pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes for me. Dark turkey meat isn't bad, depending on how it's cooked. And my mom's rolls are delish, so.

I love moist white thin slices of Turkey with Oceanspray cranberry jelly, bread stuffing, rolls and butter. Peas mashed potatoes gravy and a nice fruit pie are all good or chocolate pie is heavenly.

Wine a nice merlot or Soave Bolla or Welch's Sparkling Red Grape Juice icy cold.

I like good coffee with cream and sweetner or sweet hot tea with my dessert.

Trying new things is fun, but I also want my old tried over decades and true to my hert and heritage favorite.