rogue-fox

Thankgiving Food

Whats your favoite food dish on Thankgiving?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Man i cant because no one has discussed this yet. I should have posted earlier but Some food on thankgiving is also on Christmas, so i decided to do it now.

I chose stuffing, but I also love turkey and yellow squash casserole.

Turkey. Oh God, the turkey. Dad's got a special, secret recipe he's perfected over the years for the basting sauce, and the turkey gets flipped twice while cooked to keep it all moist inside. It's amazing. When it finally comes out, we're all hovering around like vultures vying for a piece of the turkey. Dad always has to fight us off with a spoon. xd.png

Also, Pumpkin pie. Yes!

The stuffing, followed by turkey or ham.

Tofurkey. The fake turkey! :DDD

No, actually we make monkey bread every year, and our is really doughy and good. :3

All you non-vegetarians would hate my house during thanksgiving. Sure, we have the potatoes, but not your regular ham or turkey.

No, actually we make monkey bread every year, and our is really doughy and good. :3

All you non-vegetarians would hate my house during thanksgiving. Sure, we have the potatoes, but not your regular ham or turkey.

I wish I could try some tofurkey...

It's tough living with meat eaters. Who think that non-meat products are too expensive. dry.gif Maybe next year when I can buy my own.

Anyway, canned cranberry sauce FTW! I've always loved that stuff.

EDIT: And pumpkin pie! How did I forget that?! Oh, yeah... we rarely have it. But I still love it! <3

Edited by AlternateMew

Pumpkin pie is my absolutely favorite. I also love mashed potatoes (on any occasion) and cranberry sauce- yes, the canned stuff. Lawl rolleyes.gif My mom is a great cook, but she does struggle with turkey. Our turkey always comes out so dry and tasteless that we take small portions, drown them in gravy, and pretend to enjoy them out of politeness and for the sake of tradition.

I've been interested in trying tofurkey. c:

I love buttered rolls and cranberry sauce. Stuffing is pretty good too. I also love pumpkin pie for dessert. My boyfriend and I skip the turkey.

pumpkin pie. its the only pie ill eat, save for the rare pecan pies. after that, rolls are very nice smile.gif

I say ham - my family is bad at making turkey but never fail to cook a good ham. Though one thing not on here? Pumpkin rolls (which I think you mean normal bread rolls when you had roll).

Personally, i like the stuffing and green bean casserole the most. When i go to my grandmas the turkey is bland, but my brothers is way good, too bad he never makes it for thankgiving. sad.gif Also it's the same for the mashed potoes w/ gravy, i like my moms way more.

Mashed potatoes. I could eat them all day; they're my favorite "comfort food".

When I was growing up, Mom would always make extra potatoes for me - provided that I peeled them myself! I think our record was 15 pounds of potatoes, but we had a LOT of family over that year.

Ham is a close 2nd though - hubby's boss makes the best ham ever.

Cranberry sauce. It's great with everything! I also love turkey and stuffing. We never have ham on Thanksgiving.

Mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, and canned cranberry sauce! wub.gif I don't really like turkey- or most kinds of meat, actually- that much, but those are awesome! biggrin.gif

Cranberry sauce straight from the can:

user posted image

Cranberry sauce straight from the can:

user posted image

Oh! I concur! For some reason, I almost love that canned, homogenous stuff better than the real thing! At the very least it's a tie.

But my grandmother used to make this fried cauliflower that is heaven on earth, so that's probably my real answer -- I just have to talk Dad into making it.

i hate stuffing and am allergic to potatoes, but i love sweet potatoes and pie (and sometimes turkey lol)