Varekis

Scroll and egg locks

As I was randomly refreshing my scroll and watching the views accumulate, I realized that the growing section of my scroll seems to always look the same. Like, I have 7 egg slots, but those slots are almost always distributed in a similar way: 3 reserved for lineage eggs, 1 for black lotto, 1-2 for trade/gifting eggs and 1 random CB I spazclicked from somewhere. Then there are hatchies. I don't do this consciously, but I seem to have developed some pattern. =p

I'm curious about what other people's 'growing scrolls' look like. There are some people who trade so frequently that I assume they dedicate all their egg slots for trade fodder and their growing slots for hatchies in trade. Then there are others who are engage in lots of lineage projects. And the tinsel hoarders. And the rare hoarders. Etc, etc.

So does your scroll seem to have some subconscious pattern to it? Is it styled after the way you 'play the game'?

No, I just normally spaz click eggs I deem, nice, and then freeze or let them grow up - I prefer to have at least one slot, if not two open for breedings. I lost my first and last silver ever produced that way. =P

At the moment I'm just grabbing eggs I don't have. Though now with a fifth slot open I plan to start leaving a spot open for lottos or rare eggs found in cave/ap. Though today that slot is filled with a paper lol

Though at this point all my eggs are spaced out so they hatch at different times. My current eggs are;

5 days

5 days 21 hours

6 days 23 hours

7 days

And my hatchlings are pretty much spaced the same.

Mine is mostly random, but normally I have at least one or two slots open for more hunting (just in case I manage to snag another CB Metallic, lol.) Then I have bred eggs, if I'm keeping them, and the eggs I intend to Glomp with.

I don't really space out my dragons. Usually, I'll catch a whole big group and lock myself, and then they will all turn to hatchies around the same time. Then, that'll leave me totally free to catch another batch of eggies. I mean yeah, sometimes I just can't find anything good, and I have an open spot. But my eggs and hatchies are all usually around the same time.

Magi, BSA [ideally a Red or Pink, usually a magi though.], Seasonal/something cool, something cool. [i wish I had a Nebula to fill this slot]

And then hatchies of the same.

It depends how badly the last hourly drop went for me as to what my egglock looks like. I usually have at least one CB common that I spazclicked by mistake. rolleyes.gif

I some how usually manage to get eggs that look good together color wise.

One time I had a red, flamingo, pink, purple, and purple ridgewing all in a row. It looked so pretty :]

Edited by rainbowsmile

Mine is usually something like:

Lineage

Lineage

Pretty thing I picked up in the AP to keep, gift, or trade

CB something nice (Vine, White, etc.) for trade

Empty slot, unless I've been glomped -- because I am ALWAYS hoping for that Leetle Tree, and after missing one twice -- twice! -- I want to always be prepared.

I think so, anyway! Still newish here, so it changes quite a bit. I have yet to settle into comfortable patterns. biggrin.gif

EDIT: And OH MY GOSH it just paid off! I had only 1 slot open, and I caught a Leetle Tree!!!!!!!!! (My flatmates are going to wonder what the squeeing is about!)

Edited by Kelkelen

Well, aside from the way I order my eggs (trades at top, then hatchlings for keeping, eggs for keeping, hatchlings for freezing, eggs for freezing...) I'm not sure what it usually looks like.

If hunting is good, then I'm filled with nice hatchlings and pretty eggs or CB uncommons, otherwise... lots of freezing fodder and bred eggs for lineages. I try to only lock myself at the end of the day when I'm done hunting, and time it so I unlock as early as possible the next day.

But other than that, there's no pattern really. o3o

Since I got the silver trophy and can have six eggs at one time, I managed to hatch two eggs per day.

So I always have six hatchies, usually two gendered.

I always want to leave one space open, but I can never stop clicking until I'm locked xd.png

Since I have now most of the dragons, I mostly end up with some common cave blocker.

I'm almost always egg locked, but I hardly hatch anything... I'll grab five or six eggs hoping something nice will drop in the cave, wait five hours and abandon 'em.

Except when my vampires are off cooldown. Then I'm usually dead-locked.

Random. Sometimes I lock my scroll, but I prefer more to have 1-2 free slots. Always I have on my scroll metallics and tinsels from trading and breeding and something random: common hatchies (ER eggs from AP), lineages projects, alts experiments, eggs I don't have yet. But always I'm really lazy for last three, I like when I have many free slots xd.png (I can refresh AP for half of day and know that I can catch what I want. It's a meditation for me laugh.gif )

Mostly random. I try to have at least one slot free, whether it's so I can trade or so I can keep an eye out for an egg I think is worth locking myself for. Sometimes, though, I'll use that slot to grab an AP egg and take some time off it before chucking it back in whenever I feel like trading or hunting.

Recently, I've been trying to keep one or two slots reserved for bred eggs from lineages I'm working on, but the opportunity to get a good egg elsewhere will always trump that!

My locks tend to be 90% Pillows of various lineages, with the occasional Black/Red/Pink. Blacks because I want an alt, Reds and Pinks for the BSA, and sometimes, if I'm lucky, any other egg that I happen to have caught (like a Metallic or a Stripe.)

Mostly Pillows though.

I am working on finding hatchlings that I freeze at a certain point in their growth cycle. I grab what I need, freeze them when they get to the growth level I need, than end up having to wait like a week before I can collect more because I am out of freeze spots.

Unlike many of you people here, it really depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm scroll locked of blockers (for my clearing project) and when I'm in the mood for hunting (like the hour past) I'm filled with goodies from the cave with some of them from the dragonlotto channel in IRC.

But my mood changes, so it's very random.

One or two are CB sunsongs, two are normally eggs that I bred, one may or may not be a CB BBW/Coastal Waverunner, and then the other two spots are for CB eggs that I can catch on the hours, or bred eggs, eggs I pick up in the AP. I have a small pattern, but isn't very consistent.

I don't have the patience to catch eggs, so mostly I catch a load of CB Spitfires because they look nice, of late :3

And some eggs (valuable) that I breed.

There's no set number of slots I keep open for certain eggs. I keep 2-4 slots for lineage projects depending on what I'm working on. The other slots are open for AP, CB or whatever else I come across. I'm learning to stagger the egg slots so I don't lock myself all at once and have to wait impatiently for days for them to hatch.

Mine is pretty random, but I have lately started to have Blacks in my lock, hoping that they will Alt.

Right now I have:

A green Stripe egg

A CB Whiptail egg

2 bred Black eggs

A Shallow Water egg

A CB Spitefire hatchie

A bred Black hatchie

A blue Stripe hatchie

I prefer to keep one or two slots open just in case.

Well, my scroll usually has at least 1 CB metal growing at any time, CB blacks & stripes, as well as a bunch of tinsels. Mostly 3rd gen tinsels and sometimes 4th gens. Also there's often a few cool codes.

Right now mine has:

CB silver egg

CB gold hatchling

2nd gen black hatchling

2nd gen gold hatchling

3rd gen Bronze x Frill

4th gen Bronze x Pillow

Some cool codes

2 chickens for an IOU trade.

:3

It all comes down to my mood. Or is it phase?

If I'm in the mood for biting I'm dead-locked.

If I feel like trading I'm usually locked with common eggs waiting for hatching so I can trade them.

After that I'm locked with what I got from the trades.

If I find it hard to go offline I keep spazclicking on anything and everything in the cave to give me an excuse to leave.