CrippledCrow

Inbreeding

I'd actually wondered about the 'why's for that as well; since no one can really say with certainty "this is why you're attracted to your brother," it's open to a lot of speculation. Depth of the human mind, all that crazy psychological stuff.

My best guess would be that people may notice certain attributes that they themselves have, such as shape of cheekbones, facial structure, build, skin tone. In 'the wild', certain attributes can be preferred by different individuals not only by personal preference but genetic prowess. Similar attributes may be more attractive to some because it mirrors their own or they find it desirable.

Another guess would be, like you said, a result of mental satisfaction that may not be available elsewhere. A person could only feel comfortable with family members and isolate themselves socially from strangers, leading to and increasing that dependency. Or in complete opposite, maybe they are so estranged from their relatives that their cousins, brothers, etc. really are strangers to them. If the boundaries were never set, they may not have a reason to second guess their thoughts.

Yet another guess could be the confusion of emotions and feelings, especially during puberty and all that. A person could love their sibling with all their heart as a best friend, and they could maybe mistake that for feelings of attraction. Again, if they were not raised in a society that sets such boundaries and doesn't condemn incest, they may never second guess their thoughts. They could even feel ashamed of their (confused) emotions, focus on it more until it becomes an obsession. (I know this all sounds really ambiguous, but I have no idea if mods would warn me for detailing miscommunication of thoughts and emotions during emotionally vulnerable stages.)

Keep in mind, this is all completely speculative and of my opinion-- I did not read any articles or research possible reasons, and base my ideas off of pure speculation. I apologize to anyone who may find my words offensive, as no offense was meant. I can say with certainty that societal influences play a part in how incest is treated, be it taboo or something that's encouraged. But that could be said about anything, honestly, down to how we walk and talk.

It's the same reason unusual pairings happen all over the world - just because.

Xocowolf

Your completely missing the point dry.gif

Plus you wouldn't catch me near a rabbi at all. Wrong religion for that

Secondly

Sarcasm; Learn it

rolleyes.gif

Kudos for knowing about the Game of Thrones tough

I've linked real world brother sister incest in this thread before only to have it ignored by others, that was why I used Adam and Eve.

i personally wouldn't consider other family members as possible marriage choices simply because we have like 12 different things we are at high risk for, especially diabetes, high and low blood pressure, cancer, heart conditions and the like. there is even autism on my mom's side, my brother and a cousin both have it.

secondly, i'm already dating someone :3 me and him plan on getting married, but even then, his family doesn't have the best genetics either sad.gif at least it's mainly different things accept for ADD. darn my kids are totally going to hate us xd.png

i personally don't have much a problem if others decide to marry their sibling, parent, cousin, or whatever, it's their choice. i've heard in some states in the US that it's okay to marry first cousins.

i personally wouldn't consider other family members as possible marriage choices simply because we have like 12 different things we are at high risk for, especially diabetes, high and low blood pressure, cancer, heart conditions and the like. there is even autism on my mom's side, my brother and a cousin both have it.

secondly, i'm already dating someone :3 me and him plan on getting married, but even then, his family doesn't have the best genetics either sad.gif at least it's mainly different things accept for ADD. darn my kids are totally going to hate us xd.png

i personally don't have much a problem if others decide to marry their sibling, parent, cousin, or whatever, it's their choice. i've heard in some states in the US that it's okay to marry first cousins.

Adopt? Instead of making a kid have that. That's just my opinion

I personally would never consider it for myself (under current situations at least), but I have nothing against it for other people! There is always a risk of (if planning to have children) negative traits being passed on if both parents have the correct genes, but this is still true for anyone else who has children, whether they are related or not. If it is consenting, however, and the parents are willing to deal with any problems that may arise due to genetics (if it is relevant for them), then I don't see anything wrong with it.

If someone's partner is related to them and they're not sexually active or they're using proper protection and not trying to have a baby, then even the genetics issue isn't a problem any more.

If the people involved are happy and consenting that's all that matters to me!

If the story of "Adam and Eve" is correct, I believe we are all "inbred". I'm not religious though and don't believe it xd.png

However I don't really approve of it. I don't mind it, but it makes me... slightly disgusted. This is my opinion though... and I don't mean to offend inbred people.

If the story of "Adam and Eve" is correct, I believe we are all "inbred". I'm not religious though and don't believe it xd.png

However I don't really approve of it. I don't mind it, but it makes me... slightly disgusted. This is my opinion though... and I don't mean to offend inbred people.

If you want to go religiously, our blood was "pure" enough to do so at that time

I am partly inbreed as many of my ancestors whom married with each others were first gen cousins. It is common in noble bloodlines and it happened 12-14 times in the history of my bloodline. The last was my maternal grandmother's mother and father.

And I have no strange mutations (I will not tell the full list, sorry...) with standards. I have a stronger immune-system and a little worst eyesight (exactly, lights, mostly sunlight, could blind me and I can not see perfectly in sunlight). Inbreed is a bugbear that the christian clergy created to awe their followers to practice it. The taboo of inbreed is originate from the religion and religious societies but not from the nature. In the nature inbreed works mostly fine.

Well I do not want to say that human-inbreed is OK because it is not. But it is not as bad as humans describe and propagate. And do not forget that breeding animals inbreed is a well-known and accepted practice... Inbreeding often purify certain genetic traits.

And frankly! Inbreed is not an issue of reproduction nowadays... We do not even need parents to produce children as we could do it artificially (or it is still forbidden because of human fear and incompetency toward understanding common technological issues?)...

Edited by Duke_Falcon

King Tut is a famous example of inbreeding. The human race tends to focus on the negative. The negative points on inbreeding are focused on. Nobody focuses on those who turn out *normal*