StraVir

A Dragon's Story

Ok so what this is is pretty much a side story that I'm writing when I'm not writing on my book.

I'll add new pages often and do encourage feedback if it's read by anyone. Any form of feedback will work, critiques, comments. Anything that is appropriate and dealing with what I've written.

The story is set in Grenar's (my dragon on DC) point of view as her own private recordings of the goings on in her Guardian's cavern in a forest of medieval Germany. (everything is in english)

Thank you~~

Grenar

StraVir had told me when I was still small, that once I grew my wings I would be able to finally keep my life and my adventures written down in a journal of my own. When my wings finally did grow, clawed hands held a leather bound book in front of me. And with that, I took a quill and wrote.

~I'm not entirely sure what to write here...but I suppose I should start from the beginning. My name is Grenar and I hatched a few days ago. The first things I remember were how bright it got all of a sudden and the large dark figure in the far corner of the cave.

I heard it make a deep rumbling noise...I got scared so I hid in a pile of tree leaves near the mouth of the cave...my home as it seems... The figure in the corner rumbled again and moved closer to me. I closed my eyes and hoped I was invisible, but that didn't work well. The next thing I knew, my back was being stroked gently and the figure spoke.

"Don't be afraid of me, little one, I won't hurt you." The voice was surprisingly gentle. When I opened my eyes to look up at the figure I found the strangest looking creature. Not dragon... My curiousity must have shown because it answered my unasked question. "Ah, I see you aren't aware. How stupid of me." It lifted me from my hiding place and nestled me against its chest which was warm and soft. "I am StraVir," it said. "I am not entirely human but I do have human blood, which is why I look so strange. You see, I am a Draconian."

I looked up once again in confusion as StraVir moved us toward the back of the cave.

"Humans are those two legged, fleshy creatures that you see down there." A clawed finger pointed at a pool of water that formed a shimmering image of several, strange two legged creatures bustling in a colony of some sort. "The word Draconian is a human word for cruel or severe. They bestowed the name upon human-dragon hybrids because of our relatively cruel nature toward them." I looked at the shimmering pool a little longer before the image disappeared. StraVir chuckled. "You may be too young to understand, dear Grenar." My head rose at the name. "Yes, that is your name, little Grenar."

And that was my first day out of my egg. I listened to StraVir talk about the world and why we were hidden inside of a cavern instead of out like others. A clawed hand would point toward two other eggs, one green with speckles on it and another with turqouise markings, and say that we needed to protect them so that they may have a chance at life.

By the end of the day, the turqouis marked egg had a crack and I knew

I wouldn't be the only hatchling in the cave very soon.

~Time has passed and I've grown. I'm an adult now, a dragon and no longer a hatchling stumbling over my own tail when running. StraVir's eyes still shine with laughter at some of my more childish actions. And as my hatchling days have ended, another's are just beginning.

Keenla, our new hatchling is very aggressive. The little one doesn't have wings yet so we don't know the gender. StraVir is becoming anxious. She (as is turns out, StraVir is a female) paces in the cave for sometime before flying off for a short while to clear her mind.

"I never left you alone as an egg," she told me not long ago. I asked her once where she went but she simply shook her head before turning her bright green gaze toward the mountains. The thoughtfulness those green orbs hold confuses me sometimes. The draconian has never been harsh with me, but I have, on few occasions, witnessed her temper. She'll never admit it, but I see the lonliness and longing in her eyes.

"You've grown so fast," she sometimes tells me. "It's hard to believe that not so long ago I held you to my bosom and gave you your name, beautiful Grenar." She calls me that often. To her, dragons are the most beautiful creatures that have ever lived. She ignores her own strange beauty. It makes me wonder if she will one day find a mate. But I can't ever voice my opinions, StraVir is far from concerned about males. Draconian males kill eachother off at young ages and she would rather "avoid the headache." She says we are enough for her to be happy, Keenla and I.

Keenla loves to charge me, the hatchling, I can tell, will be very territorial one day. StraVir is the only one who can calm the rambunctious little beast. With just a look, the little one is tucked at her feet making whimpering, defeated noises. During times like that I can actually call the menace, cute.

~Surprise, we weren't expecting another egg to hatch so soon. With Keenla still not fully controllable and I still not used to adulthood, StraVir's claws would be full. Not long after out Guardian woke, the little speckled egg hatched. She called it a Wyvern as she lifted the squeaking hatchling to her chest and named it as she had done with me and little Keenla. The small green and red hatchling nuzzled into her scaled neck.

"Redah. That's your name, little one." Oh, how I longed to be so small again, to have StraVir hold me like that again. But now I outsize my guardian by so much. However, that doesn't stop me from curling my body around her in sleep.

Her patience with the hatchlings and I astonishes me. She hardly ever raises her voice or roars out of frustration. Although, when Keenla charged Redah soon after the little one hatched, StraVir had one of her rare moments. She growled, the sound was low and vibrating and deffinitely threatening. It made Keenla freeze in its tracks and whimper. I pulled little Redah under my wing while StraVir had a...talk...with the other hatchling.

Grenar

~I wanted to write a small informational about my Guardian, I felt it would be helpful for those who were curious if they ever read my entries.

StraVir

StraVir is one of the rare, female, Draconians (Dragon-Human hybrids). She has a reputation among the humans in the country surrounding her forest hidden cavern in Medeival Germany. She often gazes out at the mountains, lost in thought for an unknown reason that sparks her dragons' curiousity.

~Something woke StraVir from her sleep. Her long pointed ears twitched and she sniffed the air, then sampled it with the tip of her sensitive tongue. Her fangs peaked out over her bottom lip in a snarl. The small spikes on her skinny tail raised in defense. She din't speak but rather sent me a telepathic command.

'Take the hatchlings and eggs to the back of the cavern, the deepest part you can find and stay hidden.' I gathered the eggs and hatchlings, as much as the two didn't get along, none of us disobeyed StraVir. Especially when she got like that. So we all hid. But my pulse raced with anxiety. I didn't want to leave our guardian to face a danger alone. She possessed the strength of a dragon, but the appearance of a human...if you looked past the scales, horns, claws, fangs, tail, and wings.

I tasted the air with my tongue and understood. The scent was so foreign. Nothing I had ever encountered but, StraVir no doubt had. Maybe one day I'll know her past, but at the time I was and still am, completely ignorant.

Even so, my curiousity bested my reason and I dared disobey my guardian. I left my hiding place and snuck into the main chamber of our home. My brazeness cost me. And the look in StraVir's eyes told me everything.

I had seen what she had wanted to keep from me and my cave mates.

I'd seen the Hunter.

~StraVir has simmered down quite a bit. She took my scrolls and quills as punishment. Trully cruel of the Draconian...but then, so fitting. Because of my disobediance, the Hunter saw us and our cavern home. Movement had dispelled StraVir's protective enchantment, allowing the two-legged being to see us. The initial surprise on the creature's face allowed StraVir to hide me, but not herself.

~Time has passed and I have been far too busy for even my liking. If it is any consulation, I have mated, it seems that the young Wyvern I once protected has now grown and taken me...willingly though I must say. We now have two lovely eggs. Though...one of my precious ones is close to death before ever seeing the sunlight. Redah took it to a corner in the cavern and has since horded our offspring as a precious stone, while I, in my worry, tend to our youngest egg.

While this happened recently, more has happened since my last entry. Keenla has been "frozen" as StraVir calls it. She cast an enchantment upon the hatchling when he faced death as he would not grow. I watched, it did not harm the young one, but it pained StraVir greatly to have done it.

"He will never experience adulthood," she told me, "nor the touch of a mate...much like myself." Redah missed our guardian's tears, but I saw them fall. I had been granted access to her thoughts when we spoke, enough that I had seen what ailed her.

The Hunter. A fatal attraction indeed.

When Selvah, Nocturen, and Benevon hatched and joined our family, in mended StraVir's heart. The three grew quickly.

Selvah, a Spitfire like Keenla, took her smaller kith under her wing for the little one's protection. She turned her spiked nose up at the mere sights of Redah and Benevon. No male here interests her. Not yet, as StraVir says.

Nocturen and Benevon connected early in life. Both of them being nocturnal and therefore, other than StraVir, the only ones awake in the night. Benevon courted little Nocturen affectionately. Wrapping his larger, colder body around her smaller, warmer one. It wasn't long before they mated, but...when Nocturen keened for a day straight, I realized...no matter how much they desired it...she did not have an egg.

Edited by StraVir

Reminds me of 'Give your dragon a journal' thread in Multimedia. But carry on, I need to know whether StraVir and the Hunter hook up. I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories bwaaaa.

Do you have trouble growing your eggs? Try out Fan Sites in Site Discussion, these help a lot. smile.gif

Reminds me of 'Give your dragon a journal' thread in Multimedia. But carry on, I need to know whether StraVir and the Hunter hook up. I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories bwaaaa.

Do you have trouble growing your eggs? Try out Fan Sites in Site Discussion, these help a lot. smile.gif

haha I thought of that, but it turned into a sort of story sooo idk xd.png

Nah, Idk why but the egg just didn't receive a lot of views at all :/ other than that I do fine

Benevon

~I am writing in Grenar's scroll for a very grave reason. It seems that...Grenar and Redah's first born egg...has died. None of us have ever experienced death. But when Redah let out a piercing cry, we all knew. He and Grenar have been huddled in the back of the cavern, hordig the lost one, now just a heavy, brightly colored stone.

StraVir's reaction stunned me most. She simply glared at the ground, frozen in her place. Unwilling to move for anything.

And as if one death was not enough, soon later, the egg that Selvah was guarding, died as well. The two deaths destroyed all of our moods, and almost all of our hopes.

My Nocturen still broods alone.

~StraVir has become...quiet. My conversations with the Draconian have become short, empty. She leaves the cave every once in a while, and when she returns...her mood had...changed. Her bright green eyes hold a sort of longing. Grenar is the only other one of us who noticed. The tropical dragoness has recovered partially from the death of her egg, but she still will not touch the scrolls. She even refuses to look at them.

Redah is not as playful as he once was, he constantly glances at his mate as if to say sorry. She, on the other hand, touches her snout to his neck instead.

~Grenar and Redah's second egg has hatched. The little one seems to have brightened everyones' mood. StraVir included. Even the elusive Careh (She and Grenar do not get along, I'm assuming that is why she was never mentioned.) has come inside the cavern to see the little one. And to add to the fluttering excitement, my Nocturen and I have finally had an egg of our own. My dear quiet Nocturen has been singing lullabies to our young one all night. Her lovely voice fills the cavern, and has even stolen a smile from the ever glum StraVir.

The Draconian finally opened up to me tonight. It would seem that she's had her young (albeit older than I) heart stolen by what she called the Hunter. At once I was happy for her, until she explained what Hunters do and who they hunt. Immediately, worry set in. My guardian, my protector, had concsiously chosen her fate. Or so I thought, until she told me this...

"He came to me for help a few days ago...He found a few dragon eggs, but instead of killing them, he's trying to raise them...But, his first three tries...failed, they died." A tear fell from her bright green eye. "He called to me after that and asked for help, he seemed almost desperate, and when I told him that I had my own deaths to worry about...he looked me in the eyes...and said...I'm so sorry, your children must be heartbroken, and I just melted...I helped him, tended to the last egg that was holding onto life. And it hatched..."

I sat before her, stunned.

StraVir

~I have taken the responsibility of telling our story. Benevon, loving and loyal as he may be, has decided that gathering the opinions of others is taking too much away from his attentions to sweet Nocturen.

The hatchling of my dear Grenar hand sweet Redah, has begun to mature. Grenar named her Arrenic. She's incredibly cute and has her father's curious nature and her mother's need to please.

Now, not very long ago I made a deal with a local human. They made a request and in return gave to me, two shining eggs that have hatched into small metallic little ones. They have yet to mature but I have named them Eirah and Areih. Nocturen's egg is close to hatching, as is the small egg I found abandonned a few days ago. Grenar, I can tell, worries about me. I admit, I spen quite some time away from home every so often. She fears that I'm becoming careless with my own life, which may be so. But, I would never abandon my children. And if my alliance with the Hunter is solid, then perhaps he will also provide protection for my cavern as I have for his eggs and now adult dragon.

Maybe it's a childish dream that I have...a dream to actually find a mate one day. Maybe I'll be able to end this idiotic infatuation that I've developed for the Hunter...just maybe.

It would be best if I abandoned this fantasy of mine. The worry in Benevon's eyes when he heard that I was helping the Hunter was enough for me to realize that nothing is certain. I could merely be a tool for this creature to exploit until my worth runs out. There is no way of knowing what this man, this Hunter, is planning. It is in my nature to be untrusting. But there is something about him that draws me in. I know that at any time I could be his prey.

For the sake and safety of my cavern and my young ones, I should cease my visits to his home...I should cease my inappropriate thoughts of romance. My kind do not mate...we have no need, my dragons are my children...they are all I need to be happy in life....But why can I not stop imagining a life with another, with a mate?

Edited by StraVir

Hm...if there is a solid plot, then it's ok.

Which site did you post your eggs? If it was a low-traffic one, try posting it to higher traffic ones, like The Allure of Neglected Dragons or Silvi's Lair or Eggs Around the World.

Hm...if there is a solid plot, then it's ok.

Which site did you post your eggs? If it was a low-traffic one, try posting it to higher traffic ones, like The Allure of Neglected Dragons or Silvi's Lair or Eggs Around the World.

I just posted them to one, they're fine now.

StraVir

~Nocturen and Benevon rejoice. Their little one finally hatched and young Grenar's young Arrenic has grown into a lovely young dragoness. The two metallics, Areih and Eirah, have also grown into a fine dragon and dragoness. And the tiny egg I was tending to has also hatched into a tiny hatchling that I've named Illon, and he's just grown his wings and is still so small that he can fit in my palm.

Revellia, the young moonstone of Nocturen's, is growing up nicely. She's grown wings and her hide has paled to a shining light blue. The little one is incredibly sweet tempered like her parents and enjoys very much to play with Illon who is half her size. But despite that, he is more than a match for her. When he is not playing with her, he curls up on my shoulder and nuzzles my partially scaled neck. The sensation tickles the slightest bit and, even to my own surprise, makes me giggle. Which, in turn, pulls hearty laughs and chuckles from my children. Even the elusive Careh was present to witness it. I must admit, I enjoy carrying the small winged creature upon my shoulder. He keeps me company and well amused.

Edited by StraVir

*joy*

I must ask...is there going to be a solid plot? Like some people attacking or something?