Ha-Ki

Allow short notes on trade offers

I didn't find a suggestion like this, so I'm sorry if I just missed it.

I want to suggest to add a text field to the teleport where you can write some information on the egg or hatchling you are offering or transferring.

For example, it would be really useful when you're offering an ungendered hatchling, if you could just add a note saying "influenced male".

Or you're offering one egg and want to add an IOU for another one, then you could just leave a note saying "willing to add IOU for xxxx"

That would be much easier than pm'ing the person on whose trade you're making an offer - sometimes you just don't know their forum name, they're not on the forums at all or their mailbox is full...

It shouldn't be a big text field, I was thinking about something like 100-150 characters, simply for short notes.

What do you think?

Or maybe even a place write: "Forum username: XXXXX" or "Willing to negotiate" or even "Will remove offer in 5 hours."

That would be awesome! It could be a simple 100Char message box. ^.^ Really helpful.

Edited by Ice_SW

Sounds like a great idea to me. Hopefully, TJ feels the same. smile.gif

Think it would be a lovely feature to have, for sure. :) Assuming someone will eventually come along to this thread and be all "Oh no, we can't have that because we can't guarantee that everyone using it will be polite!", I'd even be happy if something like a drop down list of predetermined phrases could be added. Just any form of communication between traders would be nice. ^^

Or maybe even a place write: "Forum username: XXXXX" or "Willing to negotiate" or even "Will remove offer in 5 hours."

That would be awesome! It could be a simple 100Char message box. ^.^ Really helpful.

I think the standard for a text field is around 150-160 characters.

This would be a wonderful idea! ♥

There'd need to be a Report function on them, though, for those rude people. tongue.gif

I probably wouldn't use it, but it would be helpful for people to send me messages this way. biggrin.gif

if you could just add a note saying "influenced male".

Also, just FYI, you know influence is automatically canceled as soon as the dragon comes off your scroll, right? Same with Incubate or any other BSA.

Edited by MysticTiger

Would love this. This would be awesome for both sides.

+1 support

EDIT:

Also, just FYI, you know influence is automatically canceled as soon as the dragon comes off your scroll, right? Same with Incubate or any other BSA.

Unless it's a hatchie. wink.gif

Edited by AlternateMew

This would be a wonderful idea! ♥

There'd need to be a Report function on them, though, for those rude people. tongue.gif

I probably wouldn't use it, but it would be helpful for people to send me messages this way. biggrin.gif

They were talking about hatchies, not eggs.

But I think this'd be great. I also kind of want one where I could thank people for the offer that I accept.

I think this is a fine idea. However, how could you be responding to a person's trade offer without knowing their forum name? Am I missing something? You can't see or respond to a trade offer unless a person posts it publicly, right?

Would definitely like! I'd use this a ton. It'd come in so handy to even be able to say "forum name X" "willing to negotiate""can add more", etc. Especially when offering on higher-value things, where the person might be interested in, say, a bunch of BSA hatchlings among other things - but if I can only offer 4 on a single trade link, it may not look like very much. But if you just PM the person, often they don't see it before they decide on other offers...

Edit: @ tjekan - I think it's more a matter of the trader not knowing your forum name, rather than the reverse. ;3

Edited by Imbecamiel

this, please. if nothing else, it'd honestly just be more convenient, being able to tack notes onto trade offers, rather than having to check your forum PMs as well.

Edit: @ tjekan - I think it's more a matter of the trader not knowing your forum name, rather than the reverse. ;3

The OP said "That would be much easier than pm'ing the person on whose trade you're making an offer - sometimes you just don't know their forum name, they're not on the forums at all or their mailbox is full..." That's the part that has me scratching my head. How could you possibly be making an offer on somebody else's trade without the other person having posted it on the forum?

The OP said "That would be much easier than pm'ing the person on whose trade you're making an offer - sometimes you just don't know their forum name, they're not on the forums at all or their mailbox is full..." That's the part that has me scratching my head. How could you possibly be making an offer on somebody else's trade without the other person having posted it on the forum?

Heh heh, okay, yea, that is confusing. *g* Probably a mis-phrasing, I'm guessing...?

Edited by Imbecamiel

Some people use EATW's DragonMarket to trade with, which gives the scroll name but not necessarily the forum name. That's my best guess P:

Anyways... I think that this is a good idea. It would be much easier if someone wrote 'CB' next to their trade offer, so I don't need to check it's lineage (though this would be open to abuse, so I would still check anyway smile.gif).

I think this is a fine idea. However, how could you be responding to a person's trade offer without knowing their forum name? Am I missing something? You can't see or respond to a trade offer unless a person posts it publicly, right?

eggs around the world has a market place for people to post trades.. unless the person specifically posts a short note when the post their dragons for trade (such as giving a forum name), about the only info you really have is the scroll name.

I like this idea. It'd be nice if the person making an offer wrote a little bit about the dragon's lineage that they're offering so I don't have to check for myself, or if they wrote their forum name so I could perhaps PM them my thanks.

So yes, I support.

Edited by glamoursea2

+1 support from me, I think it would be useful.

i love this idea. and i dont think many people are going to abuse it. unlike other forums there isnt much exchange via email and pics dont exist and pm storage is much more limited. so that cuts down on the messages like gold dragon + hot pics for trade since its not possible inside the game itself.

i imagine if this game can have live chat via irc it can support a system that if abused would be removed and i dont think many people would want to lose that perk.

I support all of the suggestions to add notes, whether it's to teleports or abandoned eggs or whatever. But I think that for teleports, it would be extremely useful. I often get offers that are then removed extremely quickly, so it would be nice if people had the opportunity to add a quick "will remove in an hour if not accepted" type of note. smile.gif

I have the problem where I try to accept an offer, but the person is egglocked all the time. Maybe the messaging could work in reverse too? The person who made the trade could comment on offers.

I have the problem where I try to accept an offer, but the person is egglocked all the time. Maybe the messaging could work in reverse too? The person who made the trade could comment on offers.

I dislike this because of the extra coding. Also, further negotiations can always be made on the forums through PM. From personal experience, I'm more likely to see a PM than to check my current trades for updates.

And there are some people who don't have a forum account, they just go to the trading thread and offer on links (not many people, but I know of some lurkers biggrin.gif).