sailing101

Video game WIN's

There are moments when you mess up royally, and then there are the moments of triumph, where despite all odds you succeed. Perhaps you came across the game's hardest boss poorly equipped, and beat it on your first try, or maybe you discovered a cool easter egg.

This is the thread for sharing those victories.

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Explorers of Sky, in Spinda's Cafe, I got two gold ticket big win's in a row. I won a dodge scarf and a Hyperbeam.

I skipped the slug boss fight in Overlord 2. I wasn't looking forward to it (not wanting to lose half my minions), so when I saw the last tower heart shard that activated the fight I sent a minion over to grab it instead of walking up to it myself. The slug appeared to eat the shard, but my minion nabbed it first and ran back to me with it. The second I was in possession of the shard the slug boss vanished as the game counted it as defeated o3o

On Legendary in Halo: Combat Evolved I stuck a grunt with a plasma grenade... He ran all the way back to his group of buddies. Killed four elites in the massive explosion that resulted from all the grenades littering the ground... It was awesome. xd.png

Like my recent fail, aslso in Skyrim. I saw a dragon fly over this town, but I just didn't feel like fighting it at the time (this one was just a lowly dragon), so I went inside to do a quest. I later leave the building to see a dark lump fall from the sky. As I went to where it fell, I found out it died while I was inside. Free dragon soul and dragon materials tongue.gif

In Mass Effect 2, there is a part where you get to control a "skycar." During this, you have to enter a tunnel, when all of the sudden a truck (sky truck) comes at you head on. The truck takes up the whole tunnel, with little wiggle room. Most people, including me, end up crashing through this part, running into the truck and walls. When I was playing a few weeks ago, I accidentally moved the car to the side so that it avoided the truck, but the car was on its side against the wall in an awesome display.

I was recording during this, too. Here's the video. Skip to 2:10 to see it.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

Skyrim. xd.png There was a nice little bounty on me for pickpocketing. So... a dragon comes. Me and a bunch of guards went out to kill the dragon.

While the dragon is killing everyone, all the guards can focus on is arresting me rolleyes.gif So I broke out of prison without getting all of my stuff back, and I went back to fight the dragon without armor or weapons.

I was punching the thing in the face. All I could do was PUNCH A DRAGON IN THE FACE because I don't use magic and had completely forgotten about it.

I killed it with mah fists 8D

I was punching the thing in the face. All I could do was PUNCH A DRAGON IN THE FACE because I don't use magic and had completely forgotten about it.

I killed it with mah fists 8D

Like punching Deathwing in WoW?

Skyrim: I killed a dragon just by holding down the attack button. I shot lightning at it, it made no attempt to retaliate, I took potions when I was low on mana, I win.

OK this was not a win on my part a buddy of mine pulled it off. he's playing kindom hearts 2 and doing the optional boss battle against Sepheroth and beats him but heres the thing later we find out the recomended level to take Sepheroth on was 70 my buddy beat him at either level 50 or 60 I can't remember but I do know my pal was severly underleveled and still beat him and that make it an EPIC WIN

Minecraft: I was on a hardcore pvp server, I found a hidden base on accident and started to raid it, then the team of three or four people found me! I spazzed out, being only in iron armor and having an almost dead diamond sword. Somehow I defeated all of them, and killed the last one just as my sword broke! It was win, too bad the server is down at the moment....sad.gif

In Team Fortress 2, I was running around in the vents on Turbine and suddenly encountered a heavy medic. At this moment, I was a spy. That, and I had the Dead ringer. So, out of reflex, I shot and stabbed at them wildly before using my Dead Ringer to slink away unnoticed. Then, after resupplying, I snuck up on the medic and backstabbe him. The heavy notices this and turns to face me. Then, by som miracle, I managed to kill him with my revolver. When I checked my health after the heavy was dead, it was at 5 HP. Then, I noticed I had unlocked an achievement. Upon checking it, I saw that in order for it to be unlocked, te medic had to have an ubercharge ready! How much luckier could I get!?

Then, I found a name tag.

Best day on that server ever.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a win or a failure. It's a little bit of both, but it was a triumphant moment.

The first time I fought Shadow Lugia in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, I used my weakest pokemon (Dewgong) because I wanted to whittle down its health so I could catch it. I used what was normally my Dewgong's weakest (and I mean weakest) attack, which was Icy Wind if I remember correctly. But it ended up 1-Hit KO'ing Lugia. I knocked out what was supposed to be the final boss and strongest pokemon in the game without even trying to do so. And, I mean, Icy Wind was normally a very, very weak attack for my Dewgong, not to mention how low-leveled he was anyway.

At first, I went "What?! D8" but after a moment, I was like ".... WHAT? XD"

I later caught Lugia. But I ended up not liking him that much. Fun times. :3

Edited by Switch

Oblivion: I found a camp with two thugs in it. I assumed killing them wouldn't "count" as murder like killing bandits (cuz I don't really want to be bothered by the Dark Brotherhood). Turns out it does count, so I loaded the save I made right before I attempted killing them. I walk closer and one of them starts attacking me. I attack back, and he starts running from me. I saw he had a silver bow and dwarven arrows - want. I start chasing him around (decided to kill him anyway) and I get his health pretty low. Then he falls of a rather high rock. The fall damage killed him.

I get his stuff without being accused of murder! :D

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a win or a failure. It's a little bit of both, but it was a triumphant moment.

The first time I fought Shadow Lugia in Pokemon xd.png: Gale of Darkness, I used my weakest pokemon (Dewgong) because I wanted to whittle down its health so I could catch it. I used what was normally my Dewgong's weakest (and I mean weakest) attack, which was Icy Wind if I remember correctly. But it ended up 1-Hit KO'ing Lugia. I knocked out what was supposed to be the final boss and strongest pokemon in the game without even trying to do so. And, I mean, Icy Wind was normally a very, very weak attack for my Dewgong, not to mention how low-leveled he was anyway.

At first, I went "What?! D8" but after a moment, I was like ".... WHAT? xd.png"

I later caught Lugia. But I ended up not liking him that much. Fun times. :3

Ice has 2X effectiveness on Lugia.

Reminds me of when I beat Misty with a Lv 9 Oddish after her first Pokemon 1-hit KO'd all my other Pokemon (including Pikachu).

Staryu used Bubblebeam

It's not very effective.

Oddish used absorb,

It's super effective!

Oddish was fully healed!

I'm not to sure what to call this but it was hilarious. My brother and I were playing the halo reach beta and I saw a banshee about to fly under the bridge we were on. So I decide to jump and hijack it but unbenounced to me my brother threw a plasma grenade. I take my leap of faith and hijack the banshee sucesfully but at the same time my brother's plasma grenade sticks the banshee so as I am celebrating my epic win my banshe explodes, and we were just rolling on the floor laughing hystically xd.png

Okay. I'm not sure if this is what you guys would consider a win, but there are two secret bosses in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. Both of them are nearly impossible to attack, much less defeat. However, I was playing as Ventus and had equipped several Tornados, and decided to challenge one of them. Usually, when the battle begins, he either starts doing attacks that you can't stop, or puts himself in a sheild and lets super fast clones do the work. The second the battle started, I used a Tornado, and the enemy went flying into the air! He started screaming, and I laughed my head off until he fell down. By then, he had already lost half his health in one attack. I used another Tornado and the same thing happened. Then, when he fell, I just hit him once and it was over. 3 hit win for a seemingly impossible boss!

I remember the championship in Pokemon Black. smile.gif I won by 3 critical hits in a row when it was Reshiram-on-Zekrom, and managed to get a one-hit KO on one of his guys. Winning that was all because of luck. Funny, convenient luck.

Pokemon black, battle with Reshiram. I didn't feel like chipping its health away with my crappymon so I threw a Ultra Ball at it first round. Caught it. Brother hit DSi and it hit the wall, freezing the screen. Somehow repeated the epic catch. >:D

One time, in the Layranu Desert silent realm in Skyward Sword, the last tear was the one on top of the entrance to the mining facility dungeon. One of the guardians had it's resting position right next to the tear. I decided to wait for time to run out. When it did, and the guardians activated, I said, "Nope" then grabbed the tear.

taunting your enemy is not usually the smartest thing one can do, but when you pull it off, it's still funny.

Ahhhhh... first time I faced Ultimecia in FF8. She summons two people who aren't junctioned, leaving me only one guy with magic, who quickly is relegated to healer. I slog through to her final form only to have her destroy my healer, and quickly demolish the rest of my party.

Phoenix appears in a random auto-summon. My party revives.

Two more hits, and she's dead. I get to watch the end for the very first time (SQUEE). smile.gif

Sephiroth in KH1 and 2 went down before I ever hit level 50. Tough, but fun. Both times in Proud Mode.

Other massive win - snipping my IRL boss in Modern Warfare. xd.png

-Paper Mario: 1K Year Old Door: Both the final boss and the skeleton dragon boss were tough.

-Super Smash Brother Melee: Giga Bowser on Normal. Second time I didn't die once on him.

-Not to mention the first time I've ever beaten a game when I was 4 or 5 years ago. Despite the scary flying eagle in Super Mario Brothers 2, I was able to beat it and Wart.

-Beating the final bosses in both Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon X D while trying to capture their shadow Pokemon. Fortunately, since the last boss in Pokemon X D could be revisited multiple times, it honestly took me six rounds with him to capture all of his shadow Pokemon, excluding Lugia (I used my Master Ball right away the first time). I think the first of his shadow Pokemon I caught was Articuno.

-Reading other people's successes in Pokemon Black, it reminds me of my small successes a long time ago on my Yellow version. I was able to capture two of the three legendary birds with a second Great Ball, and Moltres with a third.

-In my favorite game, Afterlife, I was so happy when I finally reached a billion Souls in Hades (I won't say the stronger word here) then just as excited when I did the same thing for heaven several years later.

Edited by Kamoodle

Just been playing Crisis Core and re-playing one of the Hard missions in an attempt to level up my materia. Bump into the end of level boss who quickly proceeds to start pummeling my face into the ground.

Cue 1, 1, 1 in the DMV o3o

Finish the fight with invincible status.

I had just spent a fairly long time running all over Aldurant doing sidequests.

So I go to save... And my game freezes and crashes right as I enter the screen with a save point. I don't even get to touch it, much less actually save.

So, when I went to play Tales of the Abyss again a few months later... I discovered that somehow, impossibly, my game had saved even though I never even reached the save point.

There is an online flash RPG called MARDEK

The first boss of chapter two is considered very annoying because he fully heals himself whenever he is low on health, and he can move twice per turn. So the boss can keep on healing while you drain your own mp in an effort to keep up with his atacks that can knock out half the hp of any party member, put them to sleep, or even attack the party as a whole.

Recently, I beat him without him healing once.