Fire-Ice

Freedom Hills: OoC

YAY! I can handle a hundred! Though... I doubt I'd ever want that many. laugh.gif I lost my netbook charger, so I probably won't be on for a while. dry.gif

Yeah i'm gonna have to leave this rp. My characters mean nothing to the rp and its hard to keep up with everyone and being ignored sad.gif

Have fun guys.

I think I'd like to give this a go. I don't normally join RPs (much less animal ones) but for some reason this one seems fun to me. And it doesn't seem too fast-paced, which I like.

smile.gif

Username: Elena

Name: Smoke

Personality: Wild, uncontrollable, fiery. He has a fairly short temper and doesn't form trust easily. Though he doesn't usually start fights, he can be easily drawn into them. If he does form bonds of trust, he fiercely protects those he's bonded to.

Appearance: Smoke

History: Smoke was born into a small wild herd. He lived his life normally for a while before the day his herd was rounded up and taken away. The herd was split up and sold. He bounced around from 'home' to 'home' for a while when he was young, then eventually wound up at a secluded ranch ((not the one from the map in the RP)). He never accepted or trusted humans after his family was split up, so he eventually wound up escaping. He has been wandering around the wild by himself ever since he escaped and has developed into a powerful stallion.

Herd: Loner

Other: Lemonade

Username: FireKitty

Name: Twilight

Personality: Twilight is a calm and kind, but lonely, mare. However, when it comes to things like the metal monsters that fly and run over the ground as fast as a horse, perhaps faster, she gets skittish and, from past experience, prefers to run towards them instead of away from them. However, because of past experience, she stays away from herds, knowing full well that they could capture her with the herd. However, with humans, she is feisty and rebellious. She doesn't want to be captured by the humans. She prefers her freedom to captivity.

Appearance: [x]

History: She's been in four herds for a year each except for her first herd in which she was captured and she was able to escape as a foal. When she found her second herd, they were captured as was she. However, feisty and rebellious when it comes to humans, she managed to escape, but not before they put a microchip in her that tracks her movements. The third herd was also captured but again she got away. Her fourth herd was also captured but she had gotten smart by now and managed to run away and go the opposite direction of the horses. Now, she lives alone and isn't looking for a herd. After what happened with all the herds she's been in, she believes she will bring bad luck to any herd, and oh how true that is.

Herd: Loner, not looking for a herd

Other: She doesn't know this, but she also had a microchip implanted inside her that tells of her location and whether or not she's with a herd. Lemonade.

Username: FireKitty

Name: Sunrise (Sunny)

Personality: Sunny is calm, trained to be calm during situations where other horses would panic. She also has a sort of calming presence to other horses unless she's helping wrangle them up. She hates her job but does as she's told to for circumstances unknown to other horses. Sunny is a kind and depressed mare. She hates her life and wishes she was free like the other horses. She often wonders what it's like.

Appearance: [x]

History: Sunny was born on a breeding ranch. She grew up a nice life there until she was sold from owner to owner, coming to the ranch she's at now. There, if she doesn't do as she's told, she gets whipped and beaten and she is forced to do as she is told. This is only done by one person and no one else knows about her being beaten. She hates her life and wishes she was wild and free, like the horses she chases down.

Herd: Unfortunately, no.

Other: Lemonade.

Hi there. I saw the link in the sig and came to check this out. I am interested, though a little lost. I would like to insert myself where needed, but am not quite sure where that would be.

I have a couple of suggestions that might help others who might want to join.

Perhaps, in the first post, you could put up an abstract of sorts for each of what seems to be three areas; the hill herd, the plateau herd, and the ranch. The abstract could have a list of the horses (Name, gender, age, color, breed only) and then a short paragraph about the most recent state of things, or where each of the horses in the list is. That would give potential new players a snapshot of what is available.

Also, I was wondering, is there a place where the non-player characters (humans) are described? I am considering begin one of the ranch horses, and so would need to know how to have the humans act around me (unless there is someone designated to play them).

Oh, and perhaps a statement in the first post near the top that would describe the current season and weather, changing as needed. I don't want to write about a sunny day in the middle of a storm!

Of course, I know this is not my role-play and understand that these suggestions were not solicited and might be considered rude. Please know that I mean no disrespect.

biggrin.gif

(now how in the heck am I going to remember to come back here to check this??!!)

Oh dear, look at the dates! Maybe I am too late. Sorry guys. My mistake.

Edited by misslillierose

@ misslillierose: I don't find it rude at all! I definitely appreciate your comments and will add them to the front post tomorrow. They are valid points and hopefully what I add will help you understand a little more. Hope you decide to join us!

@ everyone else: Sorry I have not been able to come on. I will post tomorrow and hopefully we can get this RP moving again! laugh.gif

Are you still looking for horses?

Username: Alenaria

Name: Silver

Personality: She's rather exitable, and very exuberant. She can't sit still and talks rather quickly. She loves helping her friends and making them smile when they're sad. She's very loyal to those she loves, and her trusting nature and naivete (is that how you spell it?) make her a very friendly person.

On the flipside of all this, she can hold a grudge. She strongly dislikes people who are mean to her friends, and who are mean to her. She dosen't forgive easily, remembering the false promises of the humans.

Appearance: A silver-gray appaloosa with white socks and white dapples on her rump. Her mane and tail are black.

History: She was born as a racehorse, under the name Silver Moonlight on Fresh Snow. She placed well, from the time she was in her first race up untill her last, recently. She hated and feared the handlers she was asigned; they would always yell at her and beat her and jab her with needles, wether she placed in the top three or not. Once, when she placed fifth, the humans didn't feed her for a week. They always said she would be treated right the next time, that they were sorry, but they always lied. Still, Silver tried her best, but she never won, which is what the humans wanted. So, on the way to a race, when their truck was washed off the road in a storm and wrenched loose from the trailer, Silver was happy to see them go. She managed to kick open the trailer's door and has roamed free ever since.

Herd: She's a loner, but she's looking for a herd.

Other: Nothing...

Edited by Alenaria

Fire-Ice has given me permisson to PM everyone as an activity check because the RP has gone completly dead... so I'll be doing that. smile.gif

All PMs have been sent out so as people post here, I'll update this post with what it is we need to know.

Edited by StarSea

I really wanna stay in this RP but i don't knwo where to come in. th eperson I was tlaking to stop responding to my character so I couldn't do anything.

Are you still looking for horses?

Username: Alenaria

Name: Silver

Personality: She's rather exitable, and very exuberant. She can't sit still and talks rather quickly. She loves helping her friends and making them smile when they're sad. She's very loyal to those she loves, and her trusting nature and naivete (is that how you spell it?) make her a very friendly person.

On the flipside of all this, she can hold a grudge. She strongly dislikes people who are mean to her friends, and who are mean to her. She dosen't forgive easily, remembering the false promises of the humans.

Appearance: A silver-gray appaloosa with white socks and white dapples on her rump. Her mane and tail are black.

History: She was born as a racehorse, under the name Silver Moonlight on Fresh Snow. She placed well, from the time she was in her first race up untill her last, recently. She hated and feared the handlers she was asigned; they would always yell at her and beat her and jab her with needles, wether she placed in the top three or not. Once, when she placed fifth, the humans didn't feed her for a week. They always said she would be treated right the next time, that they were sorry, but they always lied. Still, Silver tried her best, but she never won, which is what the humans wanted. So, on the way to a race, when their truck was washed off the road in a storm and wrenched loose from the trailer, Silver was happy to see them go. She managed to kick open the trailer's door and has roamed free ever since.

Herd: She's a loner, but she's looking for a herd. 

Other: Lemonade was the favorite drink of the one human she can remember being nice to her- A jockey she only raced with once.

Accepted!! You didn't have to do all of that for the password... Just the one word was fine. Please update your post now. smile.gif

Fire-Ice has given me permisson to basically own this RP while she can't be on. I will not neglect or take advantage of this privelage. To get it started off again, if everyone wants, they can make a new "starting post" or just try to continue from where they left off.

Tiffashy has resigned. I will update this post with everything needed once Alenaria replies.

Edited by StarSea

Edited. Posting the pass in a sentence or two is just a habit I've developed, I guess. An extra layer of protection from anyone trying to sneak past the rules.

So... what's going on and where should I jump in?

Edited by Alenaria

I completly understand! As of right now... we're all just trying to figure out if we should kind of start over, where to continue from, or to just continue from the last post...

Maybe this would be a better post to keep track on.

Edited by StarSea

Hmmm... Well, I certanly picked a odd point to hop in, huh? I'll leave my vote out- if I get one -since that's probably beter left to people who have actually played and have horses it would affect.

Hello? Okay, so I PM all of the members to get this back up and runing, most of them reply saying they want to keep their characters and some don't reply at all, then everyone dies again? I think it might be better to restart this... sad.gif

Alenaria, if you'd like, you can make a starting post as it seems none of the current RPers are going to post at all... Start it however you like.

For now you should just post in the original. I'll have to see if I can PM Fire-Ice again about remaking it and then if she says yes, one of the mods.

Alright. I'm fairly new to the forums here; I wasn't real sure on the whole process. I'll go post!

Username:FlowerOwl

Name: Flower

Personality: Shy and obiendant. Usually stays away from others because she liked being by herself. Loves to listen to nature and tries to understand what others are feeling.

Appearance: A light brown coat with a few white spots.

History: (optional) Know to not be the one to stand up for herself, she usually follows everyone else's lead... Depending on the matter at hand. Is known for great memory and trying to create a way to write for horses.

Herd: (For wild horses only. Also if your horse is a loner put that here) Sage

Other:Favorite food are a special combination of Rose petals, daisy petals, etc petals.

@FlowerOwl: Your form is missing something... Please re-read the rules.

@Everyone else: I will be posting tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Hi, I don't know if the form is still going on, I just wanted to let you know I have somewhat stopped being on dragon cave I got your message from April and yes you can give my spot up for Misty the Loner. I sorta have just quit everything. Anyhow I know how annoying it is to have people taking up spaces for a RP that aren't ever there. Thanks for messaging me and reminding me. Sorry I took so long to get back to you! bye. tongue.gif

Hi, I don't know if the form is still going on, I just wanted to let you know I have somewhat stopped being on dragon cave I got your message from April and yes you can give my spot up for Misty the Loner. I sorta have just quit everything. Anyhow I know how annoying it is to have people taking up spaces for a RP that aren't ever there. Thanks for messaging me and reminding me. Sorry I took so long to get back to you! bye. tongue.gif

Hey, it's better than never! Thank you for letting us know. smile.gif