philpot123

Atrocious writing

The pit?

Try fanfiction.net. It's a lot of fun.

Some people call FF.net the Pit. I presume it's because, finding anything good between all that trash (mine included into the trashy genre), is mission impossible.

Had a lot of fun when I was a kid, but I'd rather read something more serious and mature.

Tsk. That's what the Literate Union is for.

Literate Union: YOUR STORY HAS BAD GRAMMAR, SO YOU WILL ROT IN INTERNET censorkip.gif. *flames story* TROLOLOLOL

They can be annoying, but this is the part I love them for.

Literate Union: YOUR STORY CONTAINS A LEMON/IS JUST A USELESS AUTHOR'S NOTE RANT/CONTAINS MSTING/CONTAINS REAL PEOPLE/CONTAINS BLATANT TROLLING/IS SCRIPT/etc, SO YOU WILL ROT IN INTERNET censorkip.gif. *flames story* TROLOLOLOL

I love the LU. xd.png

Been out of it for so long I don't have a clue of who these people are, but I like them so far. Should tell them to go flame my blatant sues. xd.png

I really feel like writing a Mary Sue fanfic now rolleyes.gif

wrote a Mary Sue fanfic

EDIT: Had a great start to another story x.x 'The cavern was cavernous'... what is wrong with my brain today?

Edited by DarkEternity

It will turn into a full blown one :"3

One book is all I have to say. The plot was interesting but when I opened it and read, I was confused by the first paragraph. It could have been a beautiful story, but instead it just made my head hurt. The author needs to know how to tone everything down and learn how to make readers understand what the heck she'd talking about.

Girl in the Arena by.... I've forgotten and I don't have the book anymore...

Oh lord.

You know, I'm thinking of writing for fun as a part time, but I'm quite sure I won't ever publish it or put in in a site somewhere, because the amount of atrocious fanfiction I see these days are.......*facepalms*

And they usually seem to be along the lines of who's going to end up with who, and people seem to come up with really weird pairings, so. I'm sure my characters won't appreciate that, and I would really hate seeing my characters get carved up like that, so I'm actually fairly certain that I won't ever, ever publish anything.

Oh lord.

You know, I'm thinking of writing for fun as a part time, but I'm quite sure I won't ever publish it or put in in a site somewhere, because the amount of atrocious fanfiction I see these days are.......*facepalms*

And they usually seem to be along the lines of who's going to end up with who, and people seem to come up with really weird pairings, so. I'm sure my characters won't appreciate that, and I would really hate seeing my characters get carved up like that, so I'm actually fairly certain that I won't ever, ever publish anything.

You could always do as Anne Rice did. She absolutely forbid fanfiction based from her books. Most people think she was being a bi... about it, but I absolutely understand it. If it was me who had written Harry Potter and I saw some of the fanfiction written about it, I'd be pretty annoyed.

You could always do as Anne Rice did. She absolutely forbid fanfiction based from her books. Most people think she was being a bi... about it, but I absolutely understand it. If it was me who had written Harry Potter and I saw some of the fanfiction written about it, I'd be pretty annoyed.

I dunno, George R. R. Martin forbade fanfiction yet I do see fanfiction of some of his works :/ I guess I'd have to be aggressive.

And yes, Harry Potter fanfictions...*facepalm*

My friend is an intern for a publishing company, and she had to edit some awful writing O__O The author of one particular work did not react to criticism as well- based on this experience I have to say they best way to deal with authors (especially finicky ones) is to offer criticism that's neutral as possible, trying to offer equally positive comments to counter the negative ones. Just avoid inflammatory words and do your best to appear as though you are simply trying to help augment the work rather than giving it heavy 'surgery'.

Edited by Amphitrite.the.Nereid