Darkshadow

Psyren

Tempest listened, carefully, to what Eos had said. She took out her pencil and paper and wrote:

What are Tavoo? Where are we going? Am I the only one who knows how to build a fire?

She riped out that page and handed it to Eos. No dissrespect was meant by any of her questions, she just wanted to know if anyone else knew how to build a fire.

Not knowing anyone around her or where they were going made Tempest slightly anxious.

The strange girl who Eos had first met walked up to him and handed him a piece of paper.

What are Tavoo? Where are we going? Am I the only one who knows how to build a fire? Eos snorted a little, not enough for everyone to hear. A girl who hated talking enough that she had to write everything out? Kind of stupid, really. Who would ever do that? Eos turned to her. "First off, you are going to have to start talking like a human being. If you get in trouble, and I can't hear you, writing out a note asking for help or waving your arms is not going to get my attention if we're in a battle. As for Tavoo, the best I can describe them as is monsters. They have pale, slimy skin, and they have superhuman strength. Their sense of smell and sight are poor, so they're easier to avoid, but you don't want to pick a fight with them unless you have powers. There are two types: humanoid and insectoid. All of them have sorts of orbs implanted in them, and that is their weak point. Hit those, and the Tavoo turn to ash. But remember: don't fight them without powers. My first time here, I was in a huge group of people. Against two Tavoo, everyone but me was wiped out." Eos said, fixing each of them with a glare.

Tempest wasn't surprised that he had told her to speek. Just like everyone else she met, he was trying to change what she does. Tempest wrote out:

I only talk to those who have earned my trust, and are actually nice to me.

She crumpled it, slightly, and threw it at him as she walked over to a rock. When she walked she favored her left side, but when she sat down, she noticed a bit of blood soaking through her shirt. 'Dang it!' she thought. The headmistress did a better job at beating her up then she thought. Only slight panic could be seen, but anyone who was looking at her could tell that she was worried.

It was an interesting exchange, watching Eos and Tempest. Natasha giggled faintly, more focused on the exchange while her brother was focused on the new knowledge about the Tavoo. Natasha blinked, noticing Tempest's change in demeanor. "Are you okay?" she asked softly, moving closer to see if she could be any help.

While Natasha concerned herself with Tempest, Tristan shook his head and turned back to Eos. "So, in other words, avoid them. That's helpful. Are the Tavoo the only things we need to worry about or is there more?" He couldn't keep the small prickle of fear at the base of his skull from crawling down between his shoulder blades. It mostly came out of worry for his sister's safety. She wasn't much of a fighter, more preferring to heal and care for others than pick fights.

Tempest looked at her, straight in the eye. 'She doesn't seem as though she'll hurt me.' she thought. Shelifted her hand, slightly, uncovering the sploch of blood on her shirt. She wrote in the sand, next to her, with her finger:

I'm fine.

She nodded her head slightly to signafy her saying Really I'm ok. Tempest just had to smile, but hid it quickly when she realized that she was being watched. She heard something that she couldn't identify, but chose to ignore it. 'It's just my imagination.' she thought to herself.

Natasha frowned in worry when she saw the edges of blood staining Tempest's shirt. Crouching down to be at about the same level, she shook her head. "You're hurt..." She murmured, keeping her voice low to avoid being overheard. She didn't know if the girl would appreciate more attention from others about her injuries and so wouldn't risk it. The last thing she wanted to do was irritate her.

Tempest was shocked thet the girl even cared. 'Maybe I should talk to her.' she thought. Tempest lifted her shirt, slightly, just so that Natasha could see the small, but long, slashing cut that went fromher left hip to the center of her back. Around it were multiple scars and cuts that looked the same. She looked at the girl with a worried glance.

"It's not that bad." she said slowly and quietly.

"Not that... bad?" Natasha shook her head, her frown deepening. "It might not look too bad but it's certainly enough to cause a bit of concern. Besides, there's chance of infection..." She trailed off, still keeping her voice low. She inwardly winced at the number of scars that she could see but avoided pointing them out as she felt Tempest was fully aware of them. Who would do such a thing to her?

She didn't know what to use to help stop the bleeding and so attempted to tear some cloth off the bottom of her shirt. With a bit of difficulty and some luck, she managed to tear out a decent section and carefully pressed it to the girl's wound.

Edited by Narvix

"So, in other words, avoid them. That's helpful. Are the Tavoo the only things we need to worry about or is there more?" The other boy asked. Eos shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. There are probably worse things out there besides the Tavoo, but I don't know about them. Let's get a move on, shall we?" he said, and stepped out of the original space. The girl who refused to talk was apparently wounded, and the other girl was helping her. Eos sighed. This is why he hated first-timers. They believed they could get away with anything and survive. If he had to go out alone and complete the mission, he would do so. He had told them all they needed to know, and now he was leaving.

Tempest was very grateful, also surprised, that Natasha was helping her. She was about to objace to her asstance when the girl had ripped her shirt and tried to bandage it.

"Here." she said, almost inaudable. Tempest took an unseen black ribbon from her hair and used it to tie the piece of cloth in place.

"Thank you." she whispered. She recognized the look on the girl's face; it was the same look that the other girls gave her when they had seen her scars. Tempest grew even more worried when Eos started to leave without them.

Tristan thought for a moment before shaking his head and glancing towards his sister. He frowned a bit when Eos began walking and he hurried to his sister's side. "What's the hold up? He asked, faintly irritated.

Natasha was murmuring a 'thanks' as she took the ribbon from Tempest when her brother strode up to them. Not glancing at him, she nodded and smiled in response to Tempest's 'thank you' and stood, offering a hand to help her stand. "It's nothing now. I've got it handled," she replied to her brother, looking at him from the corner of her eyes. "Go on ahead and catch up to Eos. We'll be right behind you." Natasha watched Tempest as she spoke the last bit of her words, making sure it was okay with the girl.

Tristan was skeptical but brushed aside his worries. His younger sister could handle herself fine and whomever she wished to help. "Alright, you say so..." He briefly glanced at Tempest, nodding at her in acknowledgement before turning and moving at a slight jog to catch up with Eos.

Eos heard the sound of the boy's footsteps behind him, but he didn't slow his pace. According to his knowledge of Tokyo (he had studied maps of it in high school for history), he should be right on course for the exit. He wanted out of the future as fast as possible, so he could return to his normal, peaceful life. Well, I can really never call it normal again. His powers had given him abilities some governments would kill for, and he had to keep those a secret. Being too outspoken could result in a fatal heart attack brought about by Nemesis Q, and dying here meant that his body would turn to ash and disappear among the dusty ruins. Eos sighed and kept moving, until a noise up ahead stopped him in his tracks. Quickly, he cast about until he found a cornerstone of a building and dashed behind it. He quickly beckoned everyone else over to him and put a finger to his lips. It was a Tavoo. It was the insect-like form, with seven, spindly, needle-like legs on either side of a large, bloated body. It resembled a cross between a bee and a scorpion, with an armored body and a giant, pronged tail. It's multifaceted eyes swiveled back and forth on slender stalks of skin attaching it to the head, and the black, pulsating core on it's chest glimmered in the half-light. Eos held his breath, not daring to breath. He just hoped that no one had the stupidity to try and run or to attack the Tavoo. These were monsters.

Tempest ndded in reply to both of them and then accepten Natasha's hand. Coming to a standing postioin, she winced slightly at the pain in her side, but quicklyreverting to her earlier deminor of numbness. Starting to walk towards Tristen and Eos, she asked;

"So... do you have a family?" She was slapping herself inside. 'Do you have a family?! Really?! What a stupid and creepy question.' Making small talk was going to be difficult. Thankfully, Eos called them over. Unfortunately, it was because of a monster that looked hungery. Tempest stifled her scream so that the only thing that escaped her was a small whimper.

"...And another thing! Do your parents know you dye your hair like that!? Kids these days, always doin' somethin' to stand out and break the rules, always--"

"Sir, that'll be 500 yen."

"Don't interrupt me you ungrateful brat! Kids today, no respect for their elders--"

Natsu Takeshima tried to keep his expression stoic as the man ranted and raved on the other side of the counter. His hair wasn't dyed, it was natural--of course, being half foreigner was almost as bad as being a delinquent to folks like this riled up customer. His blonde hair and blue eyes, sure signs of a westerner, made him stick out like a sore thumb no matter the reason behind them...and being different wasn't always a good thing.

The man eventually paid for his items and left the convenience store. Natsu sighed, just as his boss approached him.

"Ya know, kiddo, I dunno why you bother workin' at a place like this anyway. You don't have to, ya know. If I were you I'd just sit back and relax. Enjoy your youth while you've still got it."

The seventeen year old looked up at the older man with a half-hearted smile.

"If I didn't do things like this, Manager, it wouldn't be my youth."

"I suppose so." The manager shook his head, and ruffled Natsu's blonde hair. It had barely held on to its well-groomed styling today, but at the slightest touch it exploded into a spiky golden mess. His mother was going to bite his head off...as always. "Your shift's almost up anyway. Go on home, I'll cover for ya."

"You sure?" Natsu asked. The man nodded and lightly shoved him out the doors. The teen was about to object, but the smiling face on the other side of the glass sliding entrance wasn't going to take no for an answer.

"You just don't get it Manager," he chuckled to himself as he turned away. "I'd really rather be here than home." As he walked home under the starry sky he looked down and sighed once again. "I'd rather be anywhere than home..."

Natasha was about to reply to Tempest's question but was interrupted by Eos' call. Hurrying to him and her brother, she remained by the other girl's side and peered over at what they were hiding from. "That's a Tavoo?" she whispered, somewhat awed and revulted by its appearance. Certainly, such a creature could not exist in any sort of environment save the harsh one they were in now. Frowning slightly, she ducked back down and turned to the others. "So what happens now? We can't fight it."