Darkshadow

Psyren

PSYREN

PENDING APPROVAL/--OPEN AND ACCEPTING/--CLOSED

Based off the popular manga series by Iwashiro Toshiaki. Copyright goes to him and his associates.

Story:

The world is coming to an end. The Earth is becoming heated from toxic gases caused by human life which has caused the ice in the world to melt which means that eventually, everyone will drown. In Japan, there is a suicide every 15 seconds. In the next three years, there is a 1 in 4.5 million chance that a meteor will strike the Earth. And then what? There's no way to predict the future.

There is an internet frenzy in Japan, over a supposed 'secret society' called 'Psyren' (pronounced 'Siren') that wants to forge the Earth into a new paradise. Lately, there have been people disappearing, and there is a rumour that the Psyren Secret Society is behind it all. The police are baffled. There is no connection between the cases, no clues as to where the missing people might have gone. There are many rumours floating around the Internet, of an envoy of the Psyren, someone (or something, rather) called Nemesis Q. Nemesis Q is a phantom, appearing and vanishing like smoke, offering red telephone cards to the people who wish to form the new utopia, and leading them to Psyren. Nemesis Q is the only person (or thing) who has the full knowledge about Psyren. There are various reports of people who vanished that actually possessed the red telephone cards. That, and a billionaire offering 500 million yen to the person who could reveal the secrets of Psyren, was enough to start a huge uproar over the Internet. However, the truth is a bit different...

Psyren is not a 'secret society'.

When the owner of a red telephone card uses it for the first time, the person has to take a survey. After this and an indefinite amount of time, the owner will hear a ringing noise in his or her head. The ringing is followed by the appearance of Nemesis Q, who will hold a cell phone in his hand. If the owner does not pick of a phone (it can be any phone nearby), the ringing will continue until the owner goes deaf and eventually their brain will stop working, and the owner will die. When the owner picks up the phone, everything goes dark for a few moments. Then, the owner travels to the future.

In the future, Japan is a barren wasteland with mainly crumbling or crushed buildings with large spanses of desert. A huge, strange barrier covering the entire plant filters the sun, letting in only a sort of grey, weak half-light in. The whole terrain has been remodeled or blown away. The atmosphere, which contains new chemicals, makes the air slightly harder to breath, This is Psyren; the future. The owner will find his or herself next to a phone. After a while the phone will begin ringing, and when the owner picks up the phone, a mental image of another place, another phone location, will be projected into the person's mind. A female voice will speak, "For those who seek Psyren, despair and power!" Then the 'game' will start. The goal is for the owner to get to that other location without dying, and manage to insert their red telephone card into the other phone. If a person dies, his or her body will disintegrate into ash. There are also creatures roaming the wasteland of the future Japan, called Tavoo. These creatures have two kinds of forms: humanoid and insect. Each of them has something in common: the Tavoo have a core, black in appearance, and around the size of a tennis ball, implanted in their bodies. This core is the Tavoo's life source, and if destroyed, will turn the Tavoo into ash instantly. These creatures feed on humans, and have inhuman capabilities. If a person can survive being sent to the future and back, they become an official participant in Nemesis Q's sick game. These people are known as Psyren Drifters.

If a person returns from the future, that person will develop a high fever and heavy nosebleed from the chemicals in Psyren's new atmosphere, and are the only side effects. This happens to every Psyren Drifter, but only lasts 12 hours. The atmosphere opens up the brain's capacity, allowing a person to use a type of psychic power, called PSI. There are three types of PSI (see second post for details). Also, the back of the red telephone card will transform into the rules of Psyren's 'game', and explain:

---------------------------

-WELCOME TO PSYREN

*You will become a participant (a.k.a. Psyren Drifter) in this game.

*A Drifter is someone who makes a contract with Nemesis Q by their responses to the telephone exam.

* The game will continue until your card's value is used up.

*Always have this card on hand.

*You are to talk to no one about Psyren except fellow Drifters.

*Check the map at the starting point.

*The tower is dangerous. Unless you're confident, don't go near it.

*Drifters who die will be turned to ash.

-Together with Nemesis Q, come leap through time.

-Good luck to all Drifters traveling to change the future.---

---------------------------

Each telephone card has a value of 50. Every time a person is called by Nemesis Q and successfully survives the game in the future, the value of the card drops. When the value of the telephone card hits 0, Nemesis Q cannot call the person back into the future, and so the 'game' ends for that person. Also, if a Drifter talks about Psyren's secrets to a non-Drifter, Nemesis Q will appear and cause the Drifter to have a heart attack and die.

In the future, there is a tower (as stated in the rules) that is basically a spawning

ground for the Tavoo. On the map, there is a huge black circle around it, marked as a 'danger zone'. Unless a person has a death wish, DO NOT go near it. To check the map at the starting point in the future, press the * button on the phone after the 'game' starts.

Do you have what it takes to survive?

Plot: You have received the red telephone card from Nemesis Q, and plan to use it. You have no idea about what might lie ahead, but once you start playing the game, there is no turning back.

In Psyren, there is a group called W.I.S.E., the creators of the Tavoo, but the W.I.S.E. don't seem to be Tavoo themselves. Instead, they seem to be human. Also, there are whispers among other Psyren Drifters. Some humans that disappear in Psyren are seen again as Tavoo. What does this mean? Nemesis Q wants you to find out the reason behind the Tavoo, and the identities of the W.I.S.E.

Rules:

1) No god-modding, power-playing, etc.

2) Romance is allowed but please keep it PG-13.

3) You must PM your application forms to me (Darkshadow). Do not post them in the thread.

4) I am the boss of this roleplay, and please listen to what I have to say.

5) Please keep OOC (out of character for those of us who don't know what "OOC" means) comments in either (()), [], or {{}} but only post them in the OOC thread since it's against the rules to post them here in the roleplay.

6) There is a two character limit right now, but it you prove yourself capable of handling more than two characters I may let you create more.

7) I reserve the right to kill any character who is WAY too powerful, or if the player has been absent for way too long and is holding up the roleplay.

8) Only I can control Nemesis Q. I reserve the right to call any characters into the future.

9) No machine-gunning

10)No flaming,

11)No swearing (censor it if you must swear)

12) Any player who breaks these rules will receive only two warnings. Then I will kick them out.

Banner! ----> user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=127362][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/erTz8.gif][/URL]

Character Form:

Username:
Name:
Appearance (Picture or description):
Personality:
History (Not Optional)
PSI Strength (see next post for details):
Crush (optional):
Other:

Edited by Darkshadow

P.S.I.

user posted image

There are three types of PSI: trance, burst, and rise. PSI is an ability that a person can use by using their brain's full capacity. Abilities like telekinesis, telepathy and pyrokinesis are PSI abilities. The type of abilities a person can have varies from person to person. Each person specializes in only one type of PSI that they can use to it's full potential. However, PSI can also be dangerous. If a person overtaxes their brain by using PSI, that person can fall into a coma and easily die if he or she oversteps their limits. However, if a person continues to use PSI over a long period of time, their brain will gradually develop a function that allows a person to use PSI more frequently and easily, but that doesn't mean that person can use it all the time.

Trance: These PSI abilities are connected to the mental state of a person. Trance deals with illusions, hypnosis, telepathy, precognition and even mind control. A person who uses Trance can enter another person's brain, and usually disable the other person mentally. These abilities work from a close-range to middle-range, but aren't as effective over a long distance.

Burst: The least stable of the PSI abilities, Burst users use their minds to shape energy into something physical. Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis, and other types of PSI are usually made up of Burst, depending on a user's imagination. These abilities can work from close-range to long-range, depending on the user, but are usually the most taxing on the brain.

Rise: The rarest of PSI abilities, Rise abilities heighten the strength, speed, and reflexes of the user's body. Rise is split into two categories: 'Sense', and 'Strength'. 'Sense' allows a user to react quickly to any attacks or movements, while 'Strength' allows a user to strengthen their body many times over to absorb attacks. Rise users usually have a balance of the two, and can move faster, jump higher, and hit harder than other PSI users.

Edited by Darkshadow

Accepted Characters:

Username: Quhanta

Name: Tempest

Appearance: Green, camo pants, deep green jacket, white tank top, deep green army boots, green backpack, long (to her knees) brown hair, jade green eyes.

Personality: Quiet and mostly keeps to herself. Only talks when nessecary. Is so closed up emotionaly that people doubt that she has any at all.

History: Grew up in foster care, has no friends, and never cries... Ever.

PSI Strength: Rise

Crush: (Confused)

Other: Watch out, she's stronger than you think.

Username: Darkshadow

Name: Eos

Appearance: [x]

Personality:

Eos is generally friendly to all people, but he isn't popular at his school. He likes cats, camping, and reading large books. He is a bit scared of entering the future, but Eos doesn't regret using his telephone card. He can change the future. Though he doesn't know how many years ahead the future he travels to is, Eos likes to believe that he can play his part. He doesn't get the 'secrecy' of Nemesis Q, but he doesn't feel like dying just yet.

History:

Eos was born in Hokkaido, and raised by his two grand-parents. His mother and father had died in a car accident, but that was kept hidden until Eos was of age. He was a very quiet child until the age of 13, when he suddenly opened up to all of his middle-school friends. He was very nice, and quiet, but he had a taste for adventure, something that the peaceful town in Hokkaido couldn't provide. The day his grand-parents died Eos found the telephone card, and he registered for Psyren, something he had heard about for ages. He survived the first round in Psyren, and found his talent lay in Trance; mainly, illusions and telepathy.

PSI Strength: Trance

Crush: None, yet.

Other:

Edited by Darkshadow

Hey there Hun! Sorry that I haven't gotten to this earlier, but I hope that this can be approved quickly because it seems that you have put some thought into this.

How I usually do things is check for content first and then do grammar, but I am going to go the other way around since there doesn't seem to be much of either to correct smile.gif

The world is coming to an end. The Earth is getting hot from the toxic gases humanity spews, and the ice in the oceans is melting. Eventually everyone will drown. People are dissappearing. In Japan, there is a suicide every 15 seconds. In the next three years, there is a 1 in 4.5 million chance that a meteor will strike the Earth. And then what? There's no way to predict the future.

First and foremost, the beginning is a little jumpy.

EX:

The world is coming to an end. The Earth is becoming heated from toxic gases caused by human life which has caused the ice in the world to meant which means that eventually, everyone will drown. In Japan, people are diappearing which is caused by suicides every 15 seconds. In the next three years, there is a 1 in 4.5 million chance that a meteor will strike the Earth. And then what? There's no way to predict the future.

People are dissappearing --> People are disappearing

There is an internet frenzy in Japan, over a supposed 'secret society' called 'Psyren' (pronouned 'Siren') who want to reforge the Earth into a new paradise

pronouned --> pronounced

who want to reforge --> that wants to forge

Lately, there have been people dissapearing, and there is a rumour that the Psyren Secret Soceity is behind it all.

dissapearing -> disappearing

Soceity --> Society

Psyren is not a 'secret soceity'. Nemesis Q is the only person (or thing) who has the full knowledge about Psyren.

This is kinda out of place where you have it. If you want to make that statement that Nemesis Q is the only one who knows about Psyren, then you may want to combine that sentence with the one where you first mention Nemesis Q. Where you talk about him being a phantom?

The ringing is followed by the appearence of Nemesis Q, who will hold a cell phone in it's hand.

appearence --> appearance

it's --> his

In the future, Japan in a barren wasteland, mostly crumbling or crushed buildings, or just plain desert.

In the future, Japan is a barren wasteland with mainly crumbling or crushed buildings with large spanses of desert.

If a person dies, their body will disentagrate into ash.

their --> his or her

disentagrate --> disintegrate

If a person returns from the future and survives, that person will develop a high fever and heavy nosebleed from the future's atmosphere.

Returning to the past from the future? If so, why do they develop the fever and nosebleed from the Future's atmosphere?

Together with Nemesis Q... come leap through time

Uneeded elipsis.

Everytime a person is called by Nemesis Q and successfully survives the game in the future, the value drops.

Everytime -> Every time

the value drops -> the value of the card drops

I am the boss of this roleplay, and if I tell you not to do something or I kick you out of the roleplay, there is a reason for it, so don't argue.

Worded in a funny way. Are you trying to say that the RPer does what you say or else?

No machine-gunning (when two players just post back and forth to each other), no flaming, no swearing (censor it if you must swear), etc.

If you could separate these into three separate rules, that would help. And once you do, you can remove the "()" from around "when two players just post back and forth to each other".

SECOND POST

Abilities like telekinesis, telepathy, pyrokinesis are PSI abilities. The type of abilities a person can use varys from person to person.

telepathy, pyrokinesis --> telepathy and pyrokinesis

use varys --> have varies

Edited by LoveLost

Missed these smile.gif

The Earth is becoming heated from toxic gases caused by human life which has caused the ice in the world to meant which means that eventually, everyone will drown.

meant -> melt

Lately, there have been people disapearing, and there is a rumour that the Psyren Secret Society is behind it all.

disapearing --> disappearing

These creatures are have two kinds of forms: humanoid and insect.

These creatures are have two kinds of -> These creatures have two

-WELCOME TO PSYREN

*You will become a participant (a.k.a. Psyren Drifter) in this game

*A Drifter is someone who makes a contract with Nemesis Q by their responses to the telephone exam

* The game will continue until your card's value is used up

*Always have this card on hand

*You are to talk to no one about Psyren except fellow Drifters

*Check the map at the starting point

*The tower is dangerous. Unless you're confident, don't go near it.

*Drifters who die will be turned to ash

-Together with Nemesis Q, come leap through time

-Good luck to all Drifters traveling to change the future---

Put a period at the end of each sentence.

The type of abilities a person can have varyies from person to person

varyies --> varies

Also, you may want to double space between each PSI ability to make it easier to read smile.gif

I have a question, what is the ultimate goal of Nemesis Q? That way there is an end once that plot has been found and if you wish another can be started. But what is the goal?

I have a question, what is the ultimate goal of Nemesis Q? That way there is an end once that plot has been found and if you wish another can be started. But what is the goal?

Added into the plot section, but I can't give away all my secrets just yet <3.

Alright, I can't see anything else that needs to be changed. SO! I deem this RP:

user posted image

EDIT:

But only after you change this:

Psyren is not a 'secret soceity'.

soceity -> society

Edited by LoveLost

Alright, this has been accepted. I'm accepting forms right now.

It had been a week since Tempest's telephone card had arrived. She was waiting for something to happen. Rumors were spreading around that if you got a 'calling card' you were going to die.

"Hey freekshow, what 'cha doin'?" yelled an annoying, bratty Alexa. She was queen bee of the orphanage's cliques. "Oh, that's right, you can't talk, can you?" Gladly, the girl walked away and rejoined her groupies.

The headmistriss came upstairs three hours later for lights out, but she was angrier than usual.

"One of you. Over here. NOW!" she bellowed, "I don't care witch one of you it is, but one of you's gonna get it!" Of course, Alexa pushed Tempest forward to be chosen. The headmisstress grabbed her arm and dragged her downstairs where she got the belt for, at least, 20 minutes. What made the woman so mad, none of them knew.

After, the girl was returned to the room sore and depressed. When the headmistress went downstairs again, Tempest, completely ignored by all the other girls, ran over to her bed and pulled her backpack from beneith it. She checked it over to make sure everything was there. The tetlphone card, canned food, can-opener, water, a blanket, matches, a tarp, and a knife. She was going to find her way to the woods and live in there.

When all the girls were sleeping, Tempest opened the window and climbed out to the fire escape. She climbed down the ladder as quietly as she could and once her feet wer on the ground, took off running as fast as she could. At that point, Tempest was just running, not thinking, just running. When she got too tired to continue on she found a telephone booth. Tempest lay down inside the booth, door closed, covered herself with her blanket and fell asleep.

Tempest awoke, suddenly, to the sound of a phone ringing.

Edited by Quhanta

Eos opened his eyes and sat up, yawning. It was lunch break at his school, and most of the students were outside soaking up the rays of warm sun. It was almost summer, and everyone was excited. Eos had finally gotten a job in a very popular chocolate store, which was run by a friend of his deceased grandparents. On his lap was one of his favorite manga novels, and in his pocket was his cellphone. Eos wouldn't go anywhere without it, and the outfit stored in his backpack. He had managed to survive the first round of Psyren, which still gave him nightmares. He had been one out of thirty who were sent to the same area of the future, and only Eos had survived. The rest of them had gone to the tower, which had been warned against on the card. None of them had known that, however, though Eos had discovered the card rules after the first test.

His cellphone started to ring. Eos sat up way too quickly, and his cellphone fell to the ground. He recognized the number, and the ringing started to echo loudly in his ears. Eos dashed to the bathroom, glad that everyone was outside. He changed quickly, trying to cover his ears. Once he was ready, Eos put the cellphone to his ear and pressed the 'answer' button. Eos closed his eyes, waiting for the future to appear.

He was in a wasteland, a bunch of ruined buildings, and filled with ash, dirt, and sand. Eos looked up at the remains of the Tokyo Tower, and he knew where he was. He waited to see if anyone else appeared.

Tempest looked up at the payphone and wondered why it was ringing. 'Can you even call a payphone?' she thought to herself. Never the less, she answered the phone and was instantly transported into a wastland of sorts. About ten feet away from her, was a young man. Tempest stood up and, cautously, started walking over to him.

((Quhanta, please make your posts a little longer next post.))

Eos turned to face the girl heading toward him. "Who are you?" he asked, but a payphone next to him started to ring. "One moment," he said, and then picked up the phone despite the fact that the phone shouldn't have been able to function. A woman's voice echoed in the receiver: "To those who seek Psyren; despair and power!" He suddenly had a vision of another payphone, but this one was in a different location. "Find the exit. Press the map button for directions. Good luck!" The vision ended, and the female voice hung up. Putting the phone back into it's holder, Eos pressed the 'map' button on the payphone. It made a -click-, and a little card slid out of the payphone. It was a small map, with a bunch of squiggles and stuff, but with a clearly marked 'Start' and 'Exit', symbols. Eos turned back to the girl, waiting for an answer to his previous questions.

Tempest looked at him, confused, when he answered a payphone. 'Did I look that weird?' she thought to herself. In responce to his question, she wrote her name in the sand with a small tornado drawing beside it. She, then, pulled a pad of paper and a pencil out of her backpack. On it she wrote;

I dont't talk. I don't know where I am,

but I would like to... What do these cards mean? Who

were you talking to?

She held out the notepad for him to read and showed him her card. The look in her eyes was a distant light. Looking around at the wasteland, she was now missing the crowded annoyance that was the orphanage.

Edited by Quhanta

Ringing. That was the sound filling her ears. Natasha got up and picked up the landline a moment before Tristan answered his cell phone. The siblings had been studying for their college classes, one taking Calculus while the other was focusing on health. Now, both stumbled and Tristan tripped over a small stone to land face first in the hot sand.

Natasha gasped from somewhere next to him, feeling her delicate hands grab his upper arm and help him to his feet. "Where are we?" Tristan shook his head, dusting himself off. "I've no idea..." he replied.

Looking around, Natasha tugged on Tristan's sleeve and pointed across the distance. "Look... There are others here..." Her older brother nodded slowly, absently moving so that he was a bit in front of her as if going to protect her from an attacker. "Should we go see who they are?"

"That might be a good idea but... What if they only mean harm?"

"Surely, you can't believe that!" Tristan shrugged and the two started walking towards the distance figures.

Eos looked at the girl. Was she mute, or did she just not want to talk that badly? He sighed. "It's what happens every time we travel to the future, apparently. The last time I went, which was my 'trial' test before I got powers, this happened as well. I don't know who that female voice belonged to, but I doubt we'll be seeing her." He turned the face the girl directly, and his tone became serious. "Seeing as it's your first time in Psyren, I'll explain. If you want to survive, please follow my directions. There are monsters out there who will gladly kill you and me without a second thought. Some may appear human, but they are mindless. You will be turned to ash when you die, and just fade into the landscape. This-" Eos held out the picture of the map, "-is the map. It'll lead us to where we need to go. It's not specific, but that mental picture the woman sent us of that phone is the exit." He turned, to see two more people enter the future. "I better explain this to them as well. Don't go anywhere. You don't have powers yet."

(WARNING: I am the worst speller ever.)

Tempest was confused ,but when she heard two figures approching her from behind. She whurled arround to see a boy and a girl who looked relatively the same. She moved into a position where she could see them all and no one was behind her. She hated having someone she didn't know behind her. Tempest held up her hands, to show them that she wasn't carrying a weapon, she didn't want them attacking her or what's-his-face. She rose one eyebrow signaling an introduction.

Edited by Quhanta

Tristan waved faintly in uncertainty when it became apparent that the strangers had noticed them. "Hi, ummm..." Natasha smiled warmly, speaking up where her brother failed to. "Hi! I'm Natasha and this is my older brother Tristan," she introduced excitedly.

Tristan glared lightly at his sister, not too keen about every little bit of knowledge about them being shared with strangers. "Any idea where we are?" He asked promptly, not fully comfortably in the stifling heat.

Edited by Narvix

{{Please delete the bump. Thanks!}}

"Hi, ummm... Hi! I'm Natasha and this is my older brother Tristan," It was a girl, speaking up where her brother remained silent. Eos looked at them both, assessing their skills. They seemed like it was their first time in Psyren, but he held his tongue. Better to make sure before putting on a 'power' show with his PSI.

Tristan glared lightly at his sister, and then said, "Any idea where we are?"

Eos grinned. They were also first-timers, just like the girl next to him. "You are in the future, Tristan. My name is Eos, and this is my second time in Psyren." He closed his eyes and concentrated, creating a mirror image of himself next to him. "You all have your cards, yes? Look at the back of them while holding them at eye level. Those are the rules of Psyren. If you survive this round, you'll also receive powers, just like mine." Eos waved his hand, and his illusion vanished. "Looks like we're in Tokyo this time around."

Tempest listened to what Eos said and then held the card up, eye-level, and there were the rules. She was slightly creeped out by him duplicating himself, but was further curious in why he had said IF they survived. Putting her hood up, she read the rules and then walked closer to the group. She waved her hand once to signal an unenthuiastic hello. With her hood up you could only see her mouth, and she favored her left side.

Natasha stared in awe at Eos' illusion, listening to what the boy had to say about Psyren and its rules. Mimicking the girl, she held up the card and read the rules over quickly, her brother doing the same. "Tokyo..." she drawled quietly, noticing the hooded girl's small wave and smiling, waving in return.

"So this is the future? Pretty dry if you ask me. I certainly wouldn't want to live here." Tristan shook his head, frowning slightly as he turned and took in their surroundings. "You mentioned survival. So, does that mean this is some kind of challenge? For what?" He paused, noticing a distant tower. Forcing his attention towards Eos, he pushed any forming questions about the single building out of his mind for the moment.

Edited by Narvix

"So this is the future? Pretty dry if you ask me. I certainly wouldn't want to live here." Tristan shook his head, frowning slightly as he turned and took in their surroundings. "You mentioned survival. So, does that mean this is some kind of challenge? For what?"

Eos gave a dry laugh. "That's up to Nemesis Q. Us? We're just pawns in Q's twisted game; it was the risk of taking the telephone poll, using the card, and being able to obtain powers. However, on your third time through, there is a rumour that Nemesis Q will appear before you. Of course, it depends on whether you can survive three times in Psyren, with all the Tavoo around trying to kill you. You can see it as a challenge, sure. But you're going to need powers to survive. Once you finish your first round of survival, you'll obtain powers. Then it'll be up to you whether or not to use them." he said, and then turned to the tower. "We'd better start moving."