shades-of-chaos

Shae's Graphic Studio

user posted image

Hey everyone! I'm Shae, and I'm pretty new to DC. I've only been here for two months, but I'm already addicted tongue.gif one thing I'm not new to is making graphics. I've been messing around in photoshop for over a year, and before that I occasionally dabbled in GIMP. I've been doing signatures and avatars for that long. I didn't start doing badges until last week, but they're not that difficult, and I'm willing to take requests for them. More details on that later, loves <3

RULES OF THIS THREAD

1. Constructive criticism is very welcome!

2. No flaming or being mean; I'm delicate D:

3. Do not use my work unless I made it for you or it says it's adoptable.

4. Do not adapt my work in any way without permission.

5. Make sure you read the section on hotlinking; it's important (it also tells you how to link the image to your scroll)

6. Make sure you actually read the rules; your request will be ignored if you haven't read them all (you only need the keyphrase for adoptable OR requesting, whichever one you're doing)

ADOPTABLE RULES

1. Free adoptables are just that--free! Just use the form at the bottom of this post to let me know you're using one (you do not need to wait for my permission before using it)

2. Unfortunately, I am asking for payment if you require me to change wording from 'my scroll' to something else (this is only applicable if you also want the metallic shine going across). It's fairly easy to change the coloring, but it takes more time to change words, because I also have to redo all the animation.

3. Adoptables that require payment are usually going to be the badges with "rare" dragons. I'm defining 'rare' by what DC wiki lists as rare, so when in doubt, check the DC wiki. Payment is simple! 1 CB hatchling from the following list: red/pink/magi (BSAs do NOT have to be CB), male influenced sunsong, dark myst pygmy, moonstone, ember, nebula

4. IOUs are acceptable for payments

5. Put 'i heart alt sweetlings' at the bottom of your post to prove you've read the rules

RULES OF REQUESTING

1. Any badge I make for you must be used for at least two weeks. It's only polite.

2. Credit must be given to me in your profile or signature.

3. Graphics must be hosted on your own. I delete graphics from my own photobucket/imgur (wherever I decide to host it) a few days after making them, so your graphic will disappear with it if you don't upload it to a site like tinypic or photobucket yourself.

4. Rare dragons (as defined by DC wiki) or certain text (anything more than two words, if coupled with metallic shine animation) will require a payment of 1 CB hatchling from the following list: red/pink/magi (BSAs do NOT have to be CB), male influenced sunsong, dark myst pygmy, moonstone, ember, nebula

5. IOUs are accepted.

6. Put 'shiny tinsels are shiny' at the bottom of your post to prove you've read the rules.

HOTLINKING RULES

If you don't know what hotlinking is, it's when someone uploads an image to a site and you use the same URL link that they used to link to the badge. Basically, you're not uploading it on your own. When you use my link (this kind of link: [*IMG]https://i.imgur.com/lI7sN.gif[/*IMG]) then it uses up something called bandwidth on my imgur or photobucket account. The more a certain link is posted, the more bandwidth is taken up--at least, that's how I understand it. When all my bandwidth is used up, all my images disappear (and if you used my link, yours will too)...it's happened before, and it sucks.

So, how do you avoid hotlinking? Here's a step by step for how I need you to put badges in your signature:

1. right click on the image and click 'save to computer' or 'save image as...' (or however you save images to your computer, it might be different for different systems)

2. use a site like photobucket, tinypic, or imgur to upload the image

3. paste the BBC code (usually it'll say 'to use on forums and message boards') into your signature. This code will have [*img][/*img] around it.

4. to link it to your scroll, just follow the code below:

THE BBC LINK HERE (make sure the link has the tags around it)

5. make sure you credit me in your profile or signature as 'shadesofchaos'. Just something as simple as 'scroll badge made by shadesofchaos' is all I need, but if you want to link to this thread, that would be even more awesome <3

FREE ADOPTABLE BADGES

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

ADOPTABLE BADGES THAT REQUIRE PAYMENT

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

NON-ADOPTABLE BADGES

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

REQUESTS

If you'd like to request something from me then feel free. I'm accepting three requests at a time.

REQUESTS CURRENTLY OPEN.

Badge Requests:

Text: please remember that anything more than two words will require payment IF you are also requesting metallic shine--it's extremely time consuming to do a shine across more than two words.

Color(s):

Any images: please remember that 'rare' dragons (rare as defined by DC wiki) require a payment

Payment (if applicable): PM me with a link to your payment or, if you're giving me an IOU, state which dragon you're IOUing me here

Size: feel free to use my examples as reference

Which type of badge would you like: use my examples as reference. 'my scroll', moonstone army, giving tree, etc. If something different, explain as best you can or provide an example from somewhere else =)

Animation: yes/no -- if yes, explain what sort of animation you would like. Please note that it is incredibly time consuming to do the metallic shine going across the words if there are a lot of words. The 'my scroll' ones don't take as long because all I have to do is change the colors, but anything else needs to be started from scratch and can take a very long time for me, depending on length.

Anything else:

[B]Text:[/B]
[B]Color(s):[/B]
[B]Any images:[/B] 
[b]Payment (if applicable):[/b]
[B]Size:[/B]
[b]Which type of badge would you like:[/b]
[B]Animation:[/B]
[B]Anything else:[/B]

To let me know you're adopting one of my pre-made badges:

Which badge are you adopting:

Do you need any changes to be made: I can change colors for free, but if you want me to change text, it will fall under the 'payment' category.

Payment (if applicable): PM me with a teleport link if you have the hatchling on your scroll. If not, state which hatchling you're promising as an IOU.

What is this badge being used for: signature, thread -- RP, gifting, trading, etc (if it's a thread, please link me to it.

[b]Which badge are you adopting:[/b]
[b]Do you need any changes to be made:[/b] 
[b]Payment (if applicable):[/b] 
[b]What is this badge being used for:[/b] 

if something I make is not to your liking, I will make every attempt to correct it =)

Edited by shadesofchaos

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

TO-DO LIST - PAYMENTS

if crossed out, badge/IOU is completed

Ashes The Second

Edited by shadesofchaos

Badge Request:

Text: The Hatching Dragon Spriting Contest

Color(s): Gold background, sliver writing and bronze outline

Any images: user posted image The cave drop black egg with the red question mark

Size: Small. It can be tall, but I don't want it to be very long. I wouldn't want it any longer then the silver scroll example. Two lines of text would be fine.

Transparent: Like the 'my scroll' ones

Animation: A metallic shine going across

Anything else: Instead of putting the credit on my profile/sig, it will be on the spriting contest main thread. This button will be used by people other then me.

'shiny tinsels are shiny' smile.gif

Text: My Scroll

Color(s): Red orange outline, Black Backdrop, Orange Writing

Any images: An Ember (male)

Size: The same as the Pillow dragon one, if possible. ^^

Transparent (ex. giving tree) or not (ex. moonstone army): Transparent? It's not the same style as those two, so I don't know if it counts to answer this one.

Animation: Yes

Anything else:

This would be greatly appreciated. ^^ I don't have a badge, and never had one in my DC history, and now I think it would be nice to have an actual professional looking one for my signature.

I'll definitely use it for much, much longer than two weeks. X)

Please, let me know if I forgot something or if I did this wrong- and thank you so much for your time, and for doing this. n_n

Oh, and shiny tinsels are shiny.

Edited by Orthidel

Orthidel - all done, love ^__^ you can pick it up under 'finished work' unfortunately, it's a little larger than the pillow dragon one because the dragon had to go on the side instead of the top (unless you want a really tall one...I'll actually go make another version like that now in case that's what you wanted)...okay, did another version. Feel free to use whichever one you prefer; if you'd like any changes, let me know!

Text: Felieny21 Scroll

Color(s): Black backdrop, Blue outline, text blue as well

Any images: I would like the Alt Valentine one you have smile.gif except can i have the text like the one in my signature??

Size: Same size as valentines one

Transparent or not: Not

Animation: Metallic shine

Anything else: nope

shiny tinsels are shiny biggrin.gif

Orthidel - all done, love ^__^ you can pick it up under 'finished work' unfortunately, it's a little larger than the pillow dragon one because the dragon had to go on the side instead of the top (unless you want a really tall one...I'll actually go make another version like that now in case that's what you wanted)...okay, did another version.  Feel free to use whichever one you prefer; if you'd like any changes, let me know!

The first one was perfect. <3 The second one is lovely too though! Thank you so much! n_n

Which badge are you adopting: pillow!

Do you need any changes to be made: nope, it's perfect

Payment (if applicable): --

What is this badge being used for: my sig

Thanks Shae biggrin.gif

Text:Same as others , but instead of my scroll put Useers' Scroll

Color(s):White Background Light Blue Outline

Any images: Matured White Dragon Hatchling

Size: Same as Alt Black's Size

Transparent or not: No

Animation:The word animation the others have when the shine goes by

Anything else:Nope smile.gif

Shiny Tinsels are Shiny! tongue.gif

Edited by Useers

Sorry hon, I've been sick and didn't really feel up to opening PS =/ but I started on it a bit ago, so it should be done very shortly.

Edited by shadesofchaos

I have a question, how do I upload this to my signature? Edit: Found It Double Edit: Nvm sad.gif

Edited by Useers

Text: Miraxzee's Scroll

Color(s): Pink, gold, black

Any images: Sunsong amphiptere (F)

Size: Similar to the sweetling dragon badge.

Transparent (ex. giving tree) or not (ex. moonstone army): I have no idea what does this mean blink.gif

Animation: Yes if possible.

Anything else: Hope I did it all right. My scroll badge is too big so I urgently require a small one. I'm going to wear it for a LONG time.

Oh, and shiny tinsels are shiny.

Hello! You did everything right =) the 'transparent or not' thing was just basically whether or not you want it to have a background (like your current 'my scroll' badge) or not (your 'scroll helper' badge). Also, I'm amending one of my rules, about payments. It takes awhile to change the words from 'my scroll' to '_______ scroll', so someone suggested adding that to the things I ask payment for. I'll do your request the way you have it, but it would be great if you'd be willing to do a payment exchange.

user posted image

How does this look?

OMG! This looks better than I had expected. ohmy.gif

Thanks a lot for it.

EDIT: Used it already! I love it <3

Now tell me about your payment!

Edited by Miraxzee

My sister wanted me to make her a badge for her new Dragcave so.....

Text:My Scroll

Color(s):Outline Lime Green and Background Light Blue

Any images: Mint Dragon

Size: Same as original Mint Size

Transparent or not: No

Animation: The same as the others

Anything else: Make the words flash by in yellow biggrin.gif

"Shiny Tinsel Shiny"

Edited by Useers

Hey again! I'm on the brink of insanity right now with this school semester coming to a close, so I'm just letting you know that I've seen this and I'll get to it as soon as I can, kay?

Hey again! I'm on the brink of insanity right now with this school semester coming to a close, so I'm just letting you know that I've seen this and I'll get to it as soon as I can, kay?

Its Ok, I've been busy too you can do it when ever. smile.gif

Text: $croll

Color(s): Mint and black

Any images: The Mint and Dark wyvern pygmy (Female)

Payment (if applicable):

Size: Same as the Valentines one. C=

Which type of badge would you like: Moonstone army

Animation: yes -- Just make it the mint and black colors are chasing each other, if that makes sense. And yes, I want the dragons on top of it like the example you posted.

Anything else: example: I would like something like the 'moonstone army' badge,

' shiny tinsels are shiny'

Yes, I am referring to the size of the sweetling badge, but making it look like the moonstone army badge, and not the 'sweetling' one, per se.

Everything edited is in italics.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Hello =)

First, you're missing something from your request =P make sure you read the requesting rules.

Second, I'm a tad bit confused by your request lol, though this might be because I just woke up tongue.gif I dunno. But for the size, are you referring to the sweetling 'my scroll' badge (not as long as the moonstone army badge)? And what, exactly, do you mean by you want the dragons on top of it? I would consider this on top of the badge (and if that's what you want, it's more like the 'my scroll' badges and not the moonstone army one, or did you mean you want it exactly like the moonstone army badge, with the dragons confined to the actual badge (and not going outside the borders)?

Lastly, I think I understand what you mean by the mint and black colors chasing each other, but do you want that for the background or the text (like the metallic shine going across a lot of mine)?

So sorry for all the questions lol. I just want to make sure I do this right once you've amended your form ;-)

STILL OPEN FOR ONE REQUEST

Edited by shadesofchaos