Lila

Studying

I was a proud procrastinator up through high school. I literally didn't open a book until the night before the test, but I passed all my tests this way. When I started college that's when studying became a necessity. It was hard adjusting to the mentality of "Study the same day as the class" but I had to; I had too many classes, so procrastination wasn't an option.

I finally got a teacher that made me study though it took 10 years of school to do so.

smile.gif Well, that's nice

---

I got an interesting Law prof which makes us think law can be worthwhile, even though we all thought Law is boring. It still is confusing for me though...

I didn't start actively studying until the end of my 8th grade year, when I realized that I could no longer get straight As by just paying attention and doing my homework. It actually kept me out of a high school I wanted to get into (even though I had low As and high Bs). In 9th grade I worked my tail off studying and it payed off.

I studied the bare minimum through school, about 20 minutes the night before a test and maybe 1-3 hours for an exam. I got A+ in every class.

As for university, that's a different story. xd.png I learned that you have to study a lot more; I generally studied a good amount of hours a day for 3-5 days in advance of a midterm, 7 days in advance for a final. I was able to do well enough to get into meteorology, so yeah. :3

I have to be listening to music in order to study, preferably something upbeat/fast. I absolutely cannot study in silence. But first I have to sit myself down and make myself do it, which can take a while. |D

Edited by LadyTwi

Rumour has it that if for example you were happy while studying, it would help you retrieve more info when you are happy while taking the test.

Hmm, that's why it's suggested to use something that you used while studying (i.e. pen) when taking the test.

Also, in table tennis, it seems easy if you just stick to one racket compared to borrowing different ones each time.

Decided to learn how to read ECGs as a side-project. Good fun, plays to my previous degree, and gives me something to do when there's a quiet moment during Specialling shifts.

I'm studying to be Twilight's Secretary. I need to finish my course Administrative Assistant/Secretary. I'm almost done. I only have one more module to finish then I get my diploma. Better get to reading my next book.

I never really study. As long as I pay attention in class and take notes I'm good. I actually never do my homework either, unless given time in class... The down side for me is that I don't really feel motivated to pay attention. For me it's like "Oooh a letter that determines my level of knowledge on a subject that I'll probably forget most of within a month, yaaaaaaaaaaay...." Lol. On average my grade is a high C. Maybe a low B this year. I'm doing good so far. Then again I go to a Votech school and that takes away half of my classes soooo... I only have to take my core classes at school lol.

I never really study. As long as I pay attention in class and take notes I'm good. I actually never do my homework either, unless given time in class... The down side for me is that I don't really feel motivated to pay attention. For me it's like "Oooh a letter that determines my level of knowledge on a subject that I'll probably forget most of within a month, yaaaaaaaaaaay...." Lol. On average my grade is a high C. Maybe a low B this year. I'm doing good so far. Then again I go to a Votech school and that takes away half of my classes soooo... I only have to take my core classes at school lol.

ohmy.gif How can you get a low B if you don't submit homeworks?

I almost never study, but I still achieve most As and one or two Bs. They're high Bs, usually.

But when I do study, I do it for ten to fifteen minutes at a time, then go around the Internet for a bit before continuing.

I dont study much, but I stop studying when I get the strange feeling that I have studied enough .-.

But in the end I get decent grades so, yay!

Studying does nothing for me. I need to experience and do things to learn them. If I want to learn a language, I need to speak with a native speaker, not memorize words from a book. I have never studied before in my life and I'm in completely advanced classes, pretty much straight A's. Some people are better when they study. Not me.

groans studying never does anything for me i can never remember anything i study e_e usually i have to actually do it first to get some kind of loose grasp on what im studying

I don't study anymoreeee~ cuz I am finally done with school... undergrad and graduate school... doctorate degree earned, licensing exams passed... I'm DONE!!!

but when I was a student -- yeah. I felt like I was terrible. haha. Not a good student... did not study as much as I should have...

I understand concepts easily, and I can spit them back out on tests with ease-- usually. I've managed to stay on the Honor Roll for the first three years of high school, but I might have to step up my game this senior year because of all my collegiate classes.

For me, it depends on the subject. For some, like Science and History, I have to study more. The only one I don't really have to study for is Geography.

I usually study with palm cards/flash cards and link it up to things I'll remember. Although for math I do problems from the textbook, which takes awhile dry.gif

Kinda should be studying/doing assessment now.... ninja.gif

tongue.gif This thread remonds me that I am currently on a study marathon. Now, it is semestral break here, I am reviewing my past chemistry lessons. cool.gif This time, I'll keep in mind those techniques people have to memorise faster. tongue.gif I just hate memorising.

I don't study or review until a few days before a test---cram it all in, and my grades are all As. Some are high As, while some are lower, but they are alright

I personally barely ever study, or take notes unless I'm forced to. Yet I still get all As xd.png. I get concepts and ideas pretty easily, and my long term memory is very accurate (Yet I'm convinced that my short term memory doesn't even exist xd.png. You can tell me something and I'll forget it three seconds after you say it. Then I'll remember it 3 days later), but I guess I haven't really gotten up to the point where school gets really stressful.