stogucheme

Option to accept only part of a trade

Would you find it useful to be able to accept part of a trade, but not all of it?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Either this - or a small "chat/PM" function would be also great! There we could ask to make another offer.

I would like an option where we can accept a partial trade offer.

Example: You love SOME of the offer, but there's one (or two) pesky things you could do without.

This would also allow you to trade faster without the delay of messaging the person to re-do their offer. This would be especially helpful if you have things close to growing or if their offers are close to growing.

So, opinions?

Either this - or a small "chat/PM" function would be also great! There we could ask to make another offer.

IRC works for that...

Oh yes, this sounds really nifty! I'm sure there are many instances where people may make an awesome offer you'd love to accept... but go overkill by throwing in extra "unwanted" eggs to try sweeten the deal. Or those nice traders who are happy to accept fewer eggs than what you were willing to give. ^^

Sometimes when I'm offered a trade with multiple eggs in it there is maybe one really nice egg and two that don't interest me. I would probably accept the trade if it was just for the one egg, but because there are 2/3/4 eggs in it I can't because I don't have enough egg space. This is particularly frustrating when I've posted in the trade asking people not to offer more than one egg. And, if I'm interested enough to do a member search and find out they're not on the forum under their scroll name? *sighs*

My idea:

On the offer page have a tick box beside each egg/hatchie in the offer. These boxes would be ticked by default but if you wanted to accept only part of the offer you could untick the box of any you didn't want. Then, when you clicked accept it would take you to a password page that also showed the eggs/hatchies that you're about to accept. Minus the ones you have unticked.

I love this idea - seconded! smile.gif

I like this idea... :3

This seems like a very good way to handle a situation like that

Edited by lollipop00

This is a cool idea. This situation happened to me today in fact! There was one hatchling out of three I actually wanted, and so I attempted to send a message to the person who offered the bid. Of course they were not on the DC Forums under their account name and so I could not find them. >_<

(I figure every time I can't find someone on the forums its some kind of karma since my DC name is different than my scroll name xd.png)

Good explanation of the idea too, very easy to understand. Thanks Wiz.

I definitely support this. smile.gif I can't see any down sides to having this implemented, only positive.

SHOCK HORROR!!!!

*touch wood* No body has said anything negative yet!!!

O_o

SHOCK HORROR!!!!

*touch wood* No body has said anything negative yet!!!

O_o

What's not to like ? xd.png

It saves all those PMs - please-offer-me-just-this-egg-Ok-ok-then-just-wait-while-I-change-my-teleport;-here-you-go;-oh-damn-one-hatched,-I-will-have-to....

and so on !

What's not to like ? xd.png

It saves all those PMs - please-offer-me-just-this-egg-Ok-ok-then-just-wait-while-I-change-my-teleport;-here-you-go;-oh-damn-one-hatched,-I-will-have-to....

and so on !

haha, I'm just surprised that no one, as of yet, has come up with some obscure little thing as to why it should not be implemented.. Peoples reasoning sometimes just makes me laugh :3

Well, the solution is perfect. So, all we have to do is wait for TJ to shoot this down. tongue.gif

Well, the solution is perfect. So, all we have to do is wait for TJ to shoot this down. tongue.gif

I don't really see any cons in it.... How hard would it be to code?