stogucheme

Option to accept only part of a trade

Would you find it useful to be able to accept part of a trade, but not all of it?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Idea gotten from Scapegeek.

3. when acepting a trade that includes multiple eggs from one person, the person making the trade could be allowed to choose which of the eggs they want (example: I have a red egg and five other eggs. I offer the red egg. Someone else offers a green egg and a pink egg for my red egg. I only want the pink egg, but I can not accept either of them because the extra egg would put me over the limit.)

As of the 'edited on' time stamp: 66 Yes, 11 No, 6 Meh. (Compiling for clarity.)

Another idea:

On the offer page have a tick box beside each egg/hatchie in the offer. These boxes would be ticked by default but if you wanted to accept only part of the offer you could untick the box of any you didn't want. Then, when you clicked accept it would take you to a password page that also showed the eggs/hatchies that you're about to accept. Minus the ones you have unticked.
Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Couldn't you just abandon the unwanted one?

I can understand this, if you can only accept one egg, but I'm not sure how hard this would be to code or how much the person on the other end would like it.

So, I'm pretty much on the fence :c Can this even be done?

If you want to change the trade, you can always PM the person.

Couldn't you just abandon the unwanted one?

As in Scapegeek's example, if you're locked, you can't even accept it.

... Good point. I overlooked that, my apologies. :x

But I've never seen a trading system in any game in which you can only accept part of an offer. Trading implies communication, even though there's admittedly quite little of that going on in DC forum trades.

I'd say this would be solved with an ingame messaging system, myself. On WoW/Gaia/Runescape I've always had to talk to the person if there was something in their offer that I didn't want or couldn't take.

Also, if you want to change the parts of a trade, you have to cancel the trade and select the new eggs with a different magi dragon as there is no edit trade option. So if you don't have another magi dragon, you're out of luck.

Also, if you want to change the parts of a trade, you have to cancel the trade and select the new eggs with a different magi dragon as there is no edit trade option. So if you don't have another magi dragon, you're out of luck.

If you cancel the trade before it goes through it does not use up the magi's BSA.

Edited by purplehaze

This would be nice. I recently got offered a CB stripe + something else when I couldn't accept that because I was locked. I would have accepted only the CB Stripe if I had the option, now I had to AP something I didn't really want to AP in order to be able to accept.

I have given partial trades and accepted them. I like it.

I think it is up to the individual.

I would love this!

I put an egg up for trade and was offered two eggs in return from my wishlist. Unfortunately I was locked with things that I would not/could not abandon, for various reasons, and so I couldn't accept the offer. I would have happily accepted it for only one of the two offered eggs, but since the scroll name didn't match a forum name I had no way to contact this person.

I would like this. I had a trade that couldn't go through, because it was one egg over the limit, and when I searched the member name to send a pm, but their username on DC must be different from the one on the forums, because I couldn't ever find it and I searched 3 times.

Edited by rainbowsmile

Yes. Yes, yes-yes. Yes yes yes, yes.

GIMMENOW!

Great idea, would love this in-cave.

Well, so i recevtly did a trade with 3 eggs and I only wanted 1 egg for all three of them, but people didn't see that or I may have not put it down....

But anyhow, I like that you can decline offers, but I was wondering, it looks like this...

Eggie

There eggs

and I couldn't just delcine 2 of them, I had take all 3 or decline the whole trade...

----

So, i was wondering if you could add a checkbox among the trade list, so I could decline the 2 hatchies and they'd still get the 3 eggs listed for trade for the price of one, thats what I'm suggesting, as not all people are on the forums and I can't find the person i recently wanted to do that with.....

I'd definitely support this.

I've had to decline some nice trades because someone offers three eggs, & I've only got the one or two slots open.

I could've sworn this was already suggested somewhere... But I'm not seeing it right now.

In any case, I've always thought it would make sense to be able to pick and choose from the offered dragons. Support!

I could've sworn this was already suggested somewhere...  But I'm not seeing it right now.

In any case, I've always thought it would make sense to be able to pick and choose from the offered dragons.  Support!

Now that you mention it, I remember a thread like that too.

EDIT: Is this it?

Edited by ab613

Sorry, did not see that, I even looked, but each time I use the search function, I get a board message saying I went somewhere wrong, so wasn't sure.....

But if that still up to date, please merge this or delete this or etc, something, thanks...

This would be great, perhaps a checkbox beside each dragon offered and an option for "select all"?