panthera1

"Ghosts of Christmas Past" Group Lineage Project

Infinis: if you have a 2nd gen nebula with a SW parent, I would love an egg from it and Moonlit Fire of Lyz to add to my project. biggrin.gif

you have some great dragons. makes me want to start a black lineage to try and incorporate some yours into it. tongue.gif

I'd have to breed a nebula from SW (my 2nd gen neb from alt SW is also female :U); I'll see what I can do to either trade for a 2nd gen neb from SW or breed one but once I acquire one I'd be happy to breed for you. :3

I'd have to breed a nebula from SW (my 2nd gen neb from alt SW is also female :U); I'll see what I can do to either trade for a 2nd gen neb from SW or breed one but once I acquire one I'd be happy to breed for you. :3

Thank you, I appreciate it!

*snoopy dances away*

Thanks so much for the added submissions, Saori_Nightstar, mandrakekeeper, and Infinis! I've (finally) updated the List with your lovelies. I'm reorganizing to break down the individual lineages / breeds better, and will post back here once it's done! If you see anything amiss, let me know and I'll fix it. smile.gif

Infinis, Greenwing is an interesting suggestion! I did a few test lineages to see how they'd look incorporated into the project, and I'm really pleased with some results--especially pairings with Nebulas (though listers of course can try anything they think would be pretty!). Here's one example. I'm totally happy to include the Greenwings in the project, and will update the first post--thoughts or ideas from others on this? I'm thinking I'll file them under a Ghostly Lights sort of sub-lineage, once I get the Lists broken down into their different parts. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again guys, so excited that this is starting to take shape more and more! xd.png

Edited by panthera1

I got one breeding project nearly done then I can concentrate on this one a bit more biggrin.gif yay

I was thinking, maybe a spreadsheet would help this lineage project, the first page lists are getting rather crowded - just a suggestion smile.gif

Was hoping to gift a nebula but my SW and Red Neb are not cooperating dry.gif Good thing I got another CB red neb not doing anything, so will try with that next week LOL

Im not having much luck at all laugh.gif

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

I got one breeding project nearly done then I can concentrate on this one a bit more biggrin.gif yay

I was thinking, maybe a spreadsheet would help this lineage project, the first page lists are getting rather crowded - just a suggestion smile.gif

Hmn...that may be a good solution! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try putting one together and see how that turns out. Guess I'll just link off of Google Docs or something, and make the link open for anyone who clicks on it? Lemme know how that sounds!

And good luck with the breedings, thanks so much! xd.png

Panthera: I tried one of those nebula/greenwing examples you had with a pair of my dragons (green x tan alt SW paired with nebula x spriter alt ribbon dancer) and it's actually really gorgeous http://coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.php?dc...gen=2&mate=vjrF

Also for my updates last night - I can do pure lines with all my holidays (not just the winter magis) at Halloween (yay for me making things confusing D|)

Also for those that are interested in eggs from me: feel free to PM egg requests, I tend to not check threads very often...<<

Wow, that really is, Infinis! I'll stick Greenwings into the first post, yay for more Perennial breeds! laugh.gif Thanks so much for adding so many lovely lines, btw. I'll amend your List note for the Halloween breeding, too. smile.gif

here is the last batch for a bit. i'm trying to catch some new dragons. smile.gif

SCROLL NAME:Mandrakekeeper

DRAGON NAME: hung with Christmas

DRAGON BREED: Nebula

M / F: Female

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen w/ winter magi parent

LINEAGE PARTICIPATION (PURE / PERENNIAL / BOTH) PERENNIAL

DRAGON NAME: Christmas-Time be Praised

DRAGON BREED: Stripe

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd w/ snow angel parent

DRAGON NAME: A Christmas Thought

M / F: Male

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen w/ snow angel parent

DRAGON NAME: Spirits of All Three

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen w/ Shadow Walker parent

DRAGON NAME: Jolly Father Christmas

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen w/ yulebuck parent

DRAGON NAME: panthera1's Christmas Gift

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen w/ winter magi parent

DRAGON NAME: Velvet Shadow Pressie

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen W/ SW parent

DRAGON NAME: Velvet Paw's Shadowy Pressie 2

GENERATION (e.g., CB): 2 nd gen W/ SW parent – from velvet paw

That's lovely, thank you so much mandrakekeeper!!! Good luck and happy hunting, I think everyone's pretty much set aside this week for the new release. wink.gif

I wanted to get some opinions. This is something I'm going to make available for the lineage project. Still debating on whether I'll keep the firstborn for myself or not, but subsequent offspring will certainly be made available for those participating in this project. Here are my two proposed lineages:

1. Aiora x Red Stripe, Stripe offspring (to be named) / Aiora x Red Stripe, Tinsel offspring (egg has been influenced male)

2. Aiora x One Rose (Yulebuck), Tinsel offspring

Any thoughts on these proposed lines? I might also build up more 2nd gens from Shadow Walkers and breed her to them. Opinions? laugh.gif

Edited by panthera1

That's lovely, thank you so much mandrakekeeper!!! Good luck and happy hunting, I think everyone's pretty much set aside this week for the new release. wink.gif

I wanted to get some opinions. This is something I'm going to make available for the lineage project. Still debating on whether I'll keep the firstborn for myself or not, but subsequent offspring will certainly be made available for those participating in this project. Here are my two proposed lineages:

1. Aiora x Red Stripe (to be named) (egg has been influenced male)

2. Aiora x One Rose (Yulebuck)

Any thoughts on these proposed lines? I might also build up more 2nd gens from Shadow Walkers and breed her to them. Opinions? laugh.gif

Those are lovely. I would definitely want an egg from from. smile.gif

Those are lovely.  I would definitely want an egg from from. smile.gif

Okay, I'll make sure you get if not the first (in case I decide to keep the firstborn!), then the 2nd offspring! Do you prefer a pairing? Hopefully she'll breed with either of them. If she does like them both, would you prefer the mate be One Rose or the Red Stripe? smile.gif

A note on Aiora

To keep things sane, I'll limit the requests for Aiora's offspring to 3 people for now (not including myself, as the first offspring is most likely spoken for by yours truly xd.png ). PM or write in this thread if you want to request--probably best to use one of the Offspring Request forms from the first page for all subsequent requests, so that it'll catch my eye. Also include which pairing preference you might have. Anyone who requests the offspring does so with the acknowledgment that they'll contribute at least the firstborn (or secondborn, if you want to keep the first for yourself) back to the project, to keep things paid forward. I'll be checking up on her offspring to make sure this happens--sorry to be like this, but I wanna keep things honest and fun here! Once at least one of the offspring have been gifted, you can do what you wish, though it would be great if people gifted their 4th gens every now and again (especially around the Halloween / Christmas breeding times!).

Also, I've edited the lineages to show how they'll look with the offspring (not just that mystery eggie). Hope that helps! Just listing the lineages again, to save the scroll wheels. laugh.gif

1. Aiora x Jolly Rose, Stripe offspring / Aiora x Jolly Rose, Tinsel offspring (Jolly Rose has gendered correctly yay!!!)

3. Aiora x Gold Wyvern 2nd gen offspring

Aiora's List

1. mandrakekeeper: Jolly Rose mate

2. Nureyev: Gold Wyvern x Stripe (2nd gen) mate

3. Dracaena: Jolly Rose mate

And with that, Aiora's list is closed! Thanks, guys! I'll PM once she's successfully bred. I have the list in my profile, and will update it as eggs are sent. smile.gif

Edited by panthera1

Okay, I'll make sure you get if not the first (in case I decide to keep the firstborn!), then the 2nd offspring! Do you prefer a pairing? Hopefully she'll breed with either of them. If she does like them both, would you prefer the mate be One Rose or the Red Stripe? smile.gif

Also, I've edited my post with the lineages to show how they'll look with the offspring (not just that mystery eggie). Hope that helps!

Aiora's List

1. mandrakekeeper

that is a hard decision. i'm leaning toward the red stripe. smile.gif i'll keep my fingers crossed that she likes them both. biggrin.gif

Thanks!!!!!!!

Edited by mandrakekeeper

Im rather confused as to what kind of lineage I want to do huh.gif

Any ideas?

Im rather confused as to what kind of lineage I want to do  huh.gif

Any ideas?

Hey, Saori_Nightstar! I've been working on sub-lineages to post on the first page. Pretty much, making lineages containing certain year-round breeds represent something from the novel. Hopefully that'll help focus things a bit, and also make it easier for someone to request dragons (e.g., by asking "I'd like an egg from the Midnight Journey line"). I think for now, I'm just building up 2nd gens as much as I can with my CB dragons (Shadow Walker x ??? ; Winter Magi x ???), so I have some mates for my gifted Christmas dragons / perennial dragons. I've decided to focus mostly on these year-round breeds: Black; Stripe; Nebula; Winter seasonal; White; and Harvest (and attempt to breed my metallics every week laugh.gif ). I guess, if you have any preferences for specific year-round breed(s), maybe start from there until I've got something more concrete for this portion of the project?

Due to school and some family stuff, I'm running a bit behind on progress for this part. Sorry if this isn't the more pointed answer, I'll make a new post in this thread once I have the sub-lineages worked out!

Edited by panthera1

1. Aiora x Red Stripe, Stripe offspring (to be named) / Aiora x Red Stripe, Tinsel offspring (egg has been influenced male)

Ohhh what a pretty tinsel. smile.gif Personally, I think she'd look fantastic with a second gen Golden Wyvern from a GW x Stripe mate! If you do breed one for her eventually I call dibs on one of the bebbies! xd.png

Ohhh what a pretty tinsel. smile.gif Personally, I think she'd look fantastic with a second gen Golden Wyvern from a GW x Stripe mate! If you do breed one for her eventually I call dibs on one of the bebbies! xd.png

Ooo, that would be actually really awesome. I'll make a mate for her like that once my Wyvern hatches. I'll put you on the list, then! biggrin.gif

Im rather confused as to what kind of lineage I want to do huh.gif

Any ideas?

i'm actually kind of doing what panthera1 is doing and working on getting 2nd gens together. I'm mainly concentrating on nebulas and stripes right now and also breeding metallics when i can. smile.gif I may add blacks to the mix too.

at the moment, I'm thinking I will probably focus on keeping my breeds separate (nebs with nebs, stripes with stripes) and i'm also considering adding the silvers with the nebs and golds with stripes but i don't know for sure.

just start gathering 2nd gens of the breeds you like and then start seriously building the lineage when you figured out exactly the lineage you want. there really isn't a right or wrong answer.... just what you think would be cool to build. smile.gif long winded, i know. LOL.

panthera1: i'm excited to see what the new dragons look like with SW's and the different christmas dragons. if they look good maybe they can be added to the mix???? i can't wait until my hatchlings grow up and i have room to try them out. smile.gif

panthera1: i'm excited to see what the new dragons look like with SW's and the different christmas dragons. if they look good maybe they can be added to the mix???? i can't wait until my hatchlings grow up and i have room to try them out. smile.gif

Oh yeah totally, I know right?! I think both of their color schemes beautifully fit the project. I think they're gorgeous paired with Shadow Walkers for sure, and if anyone wants, test breed away! laugh.gif I did a couple of test lineages to show (if you look down the grandparent line) how each new breed, male and female, look next to the SW:

Gold Wyvern x SW / Royal x SW

That reminds me, I still need to add the Spotted Greenwings to the acceptable breeds, too. ohmy.gif

A note on Aiora

To keep things sane, I'll limit the requests for Aiora's offspring to 3 people for now (not including myself, as the first offspring is most likely spoken for by yours truly xd.png ). PM or write in this thread if you want to request--probably best to use one of the Offspring Request forms from the first page for all subsequent requests, so that it'll catch my eye. Also include which pairing preference you might have. Anyone who requests the offspring does so with the acknowledgment that they'll contribute at least the firstborn (or secondborn, if you want to keep the first for yourself) back to the project, to keep things paid forward. I'll be checking up on her offspring to make sure this happens--sorry to be like this, but I wanna keep things honest and fun here! Once at least one of the offspring have been gifted, you can do what you wish, though it would be great if people gifted their 4th gens every now and again (especially around the Halloween / Christmas breeding times!).

Also, I've edited the lineages to show how they'll look with the offspring (not just that mystery eggie). Hope that helps! Just listing the lineages again, to save the scroll wheels. laugh.gif

1. Aiora x Jolly Rose, Stripe offspring / Aiora x Jolly Rose, Tinsel offspring (Jolly Rose has been influenced male; still a hatchie, fingers crossed!!!)

3. Aiora x Gold Wyvern 2nd gen offspring

Aiora's List

1. mandrakekeeper: Jolly Rose mate

2. Nureyev: Gold Wyvern x Stripe (2nd gen) mate

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: Dracaena

SCROLL NAME: Starfyre

PAIRING PREFERENCES: Could I get on Aiora's list please with the red stripe partner?

In other news, things are going slowly. Still looking for mates for my Christmas dragons. Have managed to acquire one ribbon dancer mate, now if they will give me an egg to pay back my benefactor. Think I have a potential mate for him, if these two will cooperate. Did manage to catch my first ever cb black dragon this month so that adds to my possibilities, though I did a blood swap with his first egg. I think it was beginner's luck that I caught my one and only cb stripe dragon last summer, haven't been able to duplicate that catch. Now I wait to get out of egg lock to try catching a shimmering gold egg, ha ha.

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: Dracaena

SCROLL NAME: Starfyre

PAIRING PREFERENCES:

Could I get on Aiora's list please with the red stripe partner?

In other news, things are going slowly.  Still looking for mates for my Christmas dragons.  Have managed to acquire one ribbon dancer mate, now if they will give me an egg to pay back my benefactor.  Think I have a potential mate for him, if these two will cooperate.  Did manage to catch my first ever cb black dragon this month so that adds to my possibilities, though I did a blood swap with his first egg.  I think it was beginner's luck that I caught my one and only cb stripe dragon last summer,  haven't been able to duplicate that catch.  Now I wait to get out of egg lock to try catching a shimmering gold egg,  ha ha.

Okay, awesome! You've got the last spot, Dracaena--thanks for filling out the form. I'll set you on the list for the Red Stripe mate (Jolly Rose).

Grats on your CB Black egg catch, btw! That's awesome. And I'm glad you found a mate for your lovely Ribbon Dancer. Good luck catching the shimmers, too! smile.gif

Edited by panthera1

In other news, things are going slowly. Still looking for mates for my Christmas dragons. Have managed to acquire one ribbon dancer mate, now if they will give me an egg to pay back my benefactor. Think I have a potential mate for him, if these two will cooperate. Did manage to catch my first ever cb black dragon this month so that adds to my possibilities, though I did a blood swap with his first egg. I think it was beginner's luck that I caught my one and only cb stripe dragon last summer, haven't been able to duplicate that catch. Now I wait to get out of egg lock to try catching a shimmering gold egg, ha ha.

what mates are you looking for, for your christmas dragons? if they are 2nd gen's, i may be able to help. i have CB's of all the christmas dragons except i don't have any hollys (they were before my time).

what mates are you looking for, for your christmas dragons?  if they are 2nd gen's, i may be able to help.  i have CB's of all the christmas dragons except i don't have any hollys (they were before my time).

Thanks for the offer. Was originally wanting to find mates from stock outside the project so we wouldn't run into potential inbreeding problems if we did egg swaps.

Not having luck so far finding second gen mates for snow angels (looking for stripe) and my second gen yule buck x silver that I haven't figured out how I was going to pull that off. I just found a potential solution for a metal (tinsel) mate for my ribbon dancer x tinsel, have to see if this pans out.

I took the long road getting here via the AP since I had no luck in the cave and found things I just had to keep. I pulled off a trade today for my second cb black, so been a good day. biggrin.gif Just need a few days to get things hatched so I have room again. wink.gif

Thanks for the offer. Was originally wanting to find mates from stock outside the project so we wouldn't run into potential inbreeding problems if we did egg swaps.

Not having luck so far finding second gen mates for snow angels (looking for stripe) and my second gen yule buck x silver that I haven't figured out how I was going to pull that off. I just found a potential solution for a metal (tinsel) mate for my ribbon dancer x tinsel, have to see if this pans out.

I took the long road getting here via the AP since I had no luck in the cave and found things I just had to keep. I pulled off a trade today for my second cb black, so been a good day. biggrin.gif Just need a few days to get things hatched so I have room again. wink.gif

even through the trade threads, you haven't been able to get a 2nd gen stripe with a snow angel parent? if all else fails, let me know and i'll try mine out for you. also, good luck with the tinsel mate and congrats on the cb black. biggrin.gif