panthera1

"Ghosts of Christmas Past" Group Lineage Project

Xocowolf, if I did drop the names requirements (since we already have the important ones covered), you'd be interested?

Yes I would be interested. This lineage looks like it would produce beautiful dragons.

Thanks for adding me and listening to my suggestion smile.gif

Hello, really excited about this. I'll sign up to participate in the lineage, but I'll also register for the '11 Christmas Dragons since I don't have any of the CB Christmas Dragons (not even offspring >w<).

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: RockinSia

SCROLL NAME: RockinSia

PAIRING PREFERENCES: Any, but no stripe offspring

BAH!

FORUM NAME: twokeen

SCROLL NAME: twokeen

CB Christmas Dragons (Breed; M / F): 1 Christmas 2008, 2 Christmas 2009, 2 Christmas 2010, 14 Shadow walkers (8 males, 6 females)

I will think about renaming some of my dragons, if I do I will post them here.

Hey! Awesome, I'm updating the first post with the new requests. I've also edited the Naming section of the Rules. I'm absolutely fine with the names people already have for their dragons, if you love them too much to change no worries at all! smile.gif

Xocowolf, thanks for the suggestion! I definitely think this will make the project more appealing to breeders. smile.gif I'll add you to the breeder list!

ChicknThief, I've put you on the list as "pending", but happy to make it official if you want (since myself and a couple of others are also in the same boat as you tongue.gif )

Wanderer, those names are fine by me, thanks! Hahaha, I like the Haunted Mattress interpretation. laugh.gif

Infinis, that's amazing, thank you for registering so many (and having so many more available!)! And that's where those names went, hahaha! xd.png The 2nd gen Silvers and Golds are absolutely welcome here if you'd like to include them. Since it sounds like you have quite a few dragons, I'm fine with the registration of these keystone members; I suppose out of the others, once breeding time comes, just let us know which ones you've bred to include in the project? Thanks! xd.png

babybluefire, feel free to register with the original names! Again, I think the relaxation of the naming requirement will open this up for more interest. I've put you as "pending", so feel free to confirm if you're still interested. Thanks! ^^

jadedragon07, that's amazing--thanks for registering so many! Again, names you already have are just fine. I'd love to include any dragon combos you might wish to have with this project. Thanks so much!

RockinSia, excellent thanks! I'll update the list right after I post this, and will put you on both lists. Thanks!

twokeen, awesome, I've added you to the list. Again, feel free to rename your dragons if you're inspired, but since the convention has now been relaxed, don't feel obligated. Thanks!

*phew* I think that's everyone thus far. If I missed anything, make a post or PM me and I'll address as best I can! Thanks so much everyone, I'm way more excited about this than I ought to be. laugh.gif

Edited by panthera1

BAH!

FORUM NAME: emerald7fire

SCROLL NAME: emerld7fire

CB Christmas Dragons (Breed; M / F): M Yulebuck, (M/F Shadow Walkers)

DRAGON NAME: Felix Dies Nativitatis (Merry Christmas in Latin)

DRAGON BREED: Yulebuck

M / F: Male

GENERATION (e.g., CB): CB

LINEAGE PARTICIPATION (PURE / PERENNIAL / BOTH) Pure (I think that's right)

DRAGON NAME: Shadow of Christmas (named especially for this) smile.gif

DRAGON BREED: Shadow Walker

M / F: Female

LINEAGE PARTICIPATION (PURE / PERENNIAL / BOTH) Pure

These will be permanent mates, but I can do CB black if needed.

And I hope you dont mind this...

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: emerald7fire

PAIRING PREFERENCES: No preferences though I especially welcome Christmas dragons. smile.gif

Edited by emerald7fire

I think this sounds awesome, but i feel a little retarded (i am so unpc) here as i have a hard time seeing how this will work practically as you're only allowed 2 christmas dragons and most of us that have them from previous already are at our limit. so i am a little confused how we're gonna keep the lines moving? is it just pass on the eggs to people who don't have holidays every year? Just want to make sure i understand everything cuz i might want to join this lineage biggrin.gif

And i was a little confused with the no abandoning rule as holidays are the only breed that gives multiclutches and you're only allowed to keep 1 (and that egg only for an hour if you already have two)and the rest are autoabandoned, so is the rule's only for that one egg we do get?

I think this sounds awesome, but i feel a little retarded (i am so unpc) here as i have a hard time seeing how this will work practically as you're only allowed 2 christmas dragons and most of us that have them from previous already are at our limit. so i am a little confused how we're gonna keep the lines moving? is it just pass on the eggs to people who don't have holidays every year? Just want to make sure i understand everything cuz i might want to join this lineage biggrin.gif

And i was a little confused with the no abandoning rule as holidays are the only breed that gives multiclutches and you're only allowed to keep 1 (and that egg only for an hour if you already have two)and the rest are autoabandoned, so is the rule's only for that one egg we do get?

Hey! Thanks for your questions, afie, it would be awesome to have you in the lineage project! ^^ Yeah, the idea is that we'll pass the eggs around from donators to those with room (or, if those with the breeds already would want to replace!). I figured since it's the Christmas lineage, and a "time of giving" where we can only keep the two of each dragon, this concept was best carried out as a group lineage project. In the Rules section, I have a byline about how you can plan with those receiving your eggs for what kind of line you'd like to see carried on (especially for the "pure" donators). For year-round, you can still build up the "mixed" lineage using the allowable other dragons, so at least you're not locked into holding only a 1st or 2nd generation member of the project! I hope this makes sense, lemme know if I should put it in other ways. smile.gif EDIT: Oh! And also, for the Halloween time of breeding, I guess we can have as many Shadow Walker crosses as we want, so at least there's that unlimited part, too! smile.gif

The no abandoning rule just applies to, once you have the egg / dragon, to not release it so that we can keep the multi-year project going (and keep the names fitted to the founding dragons). I suppose, now that I think of it, if someone wanted to participate multiple times in the lineage, they could conceivably abandon their original Christmas dragons when next year rolls around, and receive a Christmas egg further down the line (if that makes sense). I'm happy to entertain that thought, if people were interested in that--even though the original would lose its name. Though that's still a ways away, but I don't mind planning for it! ^^

If anyone has any questions, absolutely ask away (or answer, if you think you have a better way to explain than what I did!). I hope this makes sense, I definitely wanna make this lineage project as clear as possible! smile.gif

Edited by panthera1

SCROLL NAME: Meepsa

DRAGON NAME: Specter of Christmas past

M / F: M

LINEAGE PARTICIPATION (PURE / PERENNIAL / BOTH) Both

DRAGON NAME: Specter of Christmas to Come

M / F: F

GENERATION (e.g., CB):CB

DRAGON NAME: Hollidara

DRAGON BREED: Ribbon Dancer

DRAGON NAME: Holliqueen

also, I'd like to mention that IF I manage to snag some '11 christmas draggies, I'll try to breed those as well into the lineage, don't have my hopes too high though...

That's awesome, meepsa, I've added you and noted down your dragons! Yeah, I'll be super obsessively hunting the cave for the '11, too. laugh.gif I'll put "'11 pending" for your entry, thanks! smile.gif

humbug!

forum name:hagi123

scroll name:hagi123

parings: any

or just pm me if you can give me a egg

I also would like to add that I CAN catch '11 dragons, almost definitely. So I can add those into the lineage as soon as I have them. I forgot to add that. sleep.gif

BTW: Thanks for having me be a part of your lineage. It sounds very interesting! biggrin.gif

Infinis, that's amazing, thank you for registering so many (and having so many more available!)! And that's where those names went, hahaha! xd.png The 2nd gen Silvers and Golds are absolutely welcome here if you'd like to include them. Since it sounds like you have quite a few dragons, I'm fine with the registration of these keystone members; I suppose out of the others, once breeding time comes, just let us know which ones you've bred to include in the project? Thanks! xd.png

Here are registrations for the rest of my Christmases -

SCROLL NAME: Infinis

DRAGON NAME: Cantus Noctis

DRAGON BREED: Snow Angel, gold wings

LINEAGE PARTICIPATION (PURE / PERENNIAL / BOTH) Perennial

DRAGON NAME: Candycane Horns

DRAGON BREED: Snow Angels, gold wings

DRAGON NAME: Christmas Glitter

DRAGON NAME: Christmas Fiesta

--There are too many 2nd gens I have from these holiday pairings to list xd.png

All the correct holidays will be included in this lineage o3o

hagi123, I've added you to the Request list, thanks for your interest! ^^

emerald7fire, sounds great about the '11 dragons too! I'll modify your entry on the list. And thanks, I hope everyone has fun with the project. I'm totally stoked about the interest from everyone so far. xd.png

Infinis, that's awesome! I've noted the registered ("flagship"? hehe) dragons, and I can only imagine about the 2nd gens. laugh.gif Thanks!

This sounds awesome! smile.gif I might join if I don't have to name my CB dragons by certain theme.(I have a hard-to-describe naming theme on my scroll that I would prefer not to break.)

This sounds awesome! smile.gif I might join if I don't have to name my CB dragons by certain theme.(I have a hard-to-describe naming theme on my scroll that I would prefer not to break.)

Hey, Dragoncia! It'd be awesome to have you--no worries about keeping your dragons' names, we have the core names covered and people can rename if they wish. But not required! smile.gif

Edited by panthera1

Just giving an update (and I'll update the first post): I leave tomorrow, 25 November and will be back 13 December. I'll have internet access every 2-3 days, so will keep tabs on the thread as often as I can.

I'll close the listings on 15 December, so that I'll have enough time before the Christmas breeding week to make up the lists and get trades arranged between the breeders and requesters. Thanks! smile.gif

Edited by panthera1

I made a badge from the ones on the front page, it's a bit different if anyone wants to use it. smile.gif (Sorry I forgot to post it when I first made it xd.png)

user posted image

[URL=http://tiny.cc/66u6i][IMG=http://i40.tinypic.com/esrnyx.png][/URL]

Well if I can keep my naming theme this project sounds awesome! biggrin.gif

BAH!

FORUM NAME: Dragoncia

SCROLL NAME: Dragoncia

CB Christmas Dragons (Breed; M / F): None(will get '11 dragons though and I also have 4 male SW and 3 female SW)

And because I am yet to get any CB Christmas dragons, a request form.

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: Dragoncia

SCROLL NAME: Dragoncia

PAIRING PREFERENCES: Not really(but I would love a 2nd gen holly or a 2nd gen ribbon dancer from an alt ribbon dancer).

Zomg, RockinSia that badge is lovely!!! Thanks so much, I've added it to the third post! xd.png

Yay, happy to have you in the project, Dragoncia! I'll add you to both lists along with your requests. Thanks! smile.gif

Woah! Nice amount of people. =) After this, I have some CB mating pairs with silvers and shadows, even gold and shadows, I think. =) So I'll see what I can breed. xd.png

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: Saori_Nightstar

SCROLL NAME: Saori_Nightstar

PAIRING PREFERENCES: Would love a ribbon/Shadow walker smile.gif

Edited by Saori_Nightstar

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: Arcticfox

SCROLL NAME: Arcticfox

PAIRING PREFERENCES: Ribbondancer and/or snowangel x Shadowwalker

I already have one breedable CB yulebuck but the offspring is already spoken for. I can get my sister to try to catch part of the multiclutch as it APs but no guarentees it'll work.

BAH!

FORUM NAME: Arcticfox

SCROLL NAME: Arcticfox

CB Christmas Dragons (Breed; M / F): Yulebuck, 2011

I have quite a few shadowalkers though, so i'd love to help and contribute to the year round part. I have CBs of just about every breedable common so let me know what's needed and I'll do my best to help. I love breeding my shadow walkers, and SW x Ice looks gorgeous so I might start with that.

What names are available? Most of my dragons are named but I don't mind renaming a few.

HUMBUG!

FORUM NAME: Madzi_Jade

SCROLL NAME: Madzi_Jade

PAIRING PREFERENCES: I would love a egg from lineage 1, shadow x holly. Also lineage 2, the snowangel x shadow 3rd gen.