TJ09

2011-11-17 - Haunted House Available Again

Nice, thanks for the update TJ!

Btw yeah, why does your Haunted house has red windows?

Edited by Sourwhatup

Why has your Badge red windows? O.O

because i was one of the folks who helped with the event :3

i made a few sprites, and wrote the stories for a few of the rooms, too..

here is the wiki page for the haunted house event and the credits. they can also be found somewhere on the 1st page of the old news topic

Edited by ParticleSoup

here is the wiki page for the haunted house event and the credits. they can also be found somewhere on the 1st page of the old news topic

ok, thank you!

Great job!

Many thanks to you and the others responsible for making Halloween even more fun than usual!

Vrilliant!

however, a question.

Does this mean that if i click on the badge all the items i collected will be lost, and i will have to get them all again?

as in, if my mouse has a fit and clicks where i don't want it too?

You keep all the items you collected the first time and these won't change even if you replay the game biggrin.gif

Yessssss. So happy to see this, I was seriously considering posting a topic to ask whether or not this might be brought back in some manner! xd.png

Such a fun event, I saved parts of the story before it disappeared so I could reread them later X'D

My one question is: once we beat this for a second time, will it reset itself the next day or something to that effect? Or can we only run through it twice (once the original time, once this time?)

Though I didn't complete it (I tried and failed.) Its exciting somehow in me.

Thanks.

Would have been nice if I hadn't completely missed the event and Halloween drop this year (Soo blaming my first trip to Europe). Ohh well there is always next year.

Thanks TJ! Now I can read the epic ghost-releasing ritual again if I so wish. 8D

*coughpleaseletthisbeforeshadowingforanexplorefeaturecough*

Uh... I never finished the house the first time. How do I do it now?

You can't, unfortunately.

I am a bit disappointed I will not have another chance to look around. I found out about the haunted house very late. To make things even challenging I also had deal with timezone complications too.

Edited by dragongirl02

I don't really understand why you should do this twice... maybe I'll try one year later, just to see if I can find all 40 items again.

I'm feeling bighearted today...

Wouldn't it be nice if people who didn't finish it on Halloween could run through it now, too? Of course they wouldn't be able to collect the sprites for keeps, as it would also reset, but at least they could see what it was all about (or try to finish it if they failed before)?

Wouldn't it be nice if people who didn't finish it on Halloween could run through it now, too? Of course they wouldn't be able to collect the sprites for keeps, as it would also reset, but at least they could see what it was all about (or try to finish it if they failed before)?

I was thinking the same thing.

Right now it's only accessible from your dragons page. What if it was accessible from the badge of anyone who completed it, instead?

Not sure how that would work for coding, though, as far as the temporary inventory is concerned.

Edited by SolarCat

ok..maybe I'm missing something here.... but why do people seem to think that the only way to get back to Haunted House is through the HH badge on the scroll (visible only to those who actually completed the HH) ???

Anyone who started the HH but never finished obviously had some items in their HH inventory -- correct? At the very least.. they would have the mushroom since that is practically thrown at you from the first move. And while they may not have completed the HH and gotten the HH badge itself, they are supposed to be able to access the HH inventory from their ACCOUNT page (the same way you can access all the other past holiday inventories). A nice big link on the Account page...

# Haunted House

View your inventory 2011 Haunted House event.

And when you click on your HH inventory link there is a big link there that says...

Return to the Haunted House

The only ones who would not be able to do this were those that never accessed the Haunted House at all because they never collected any items and therefore would not have an inventory page.

Edited by WraithZephyr

(removed some text to make this less long)

...why do people seem to think that the only way to get back to Haunted House is through the HH badge on the scroll (visible only to those who actually completed the HH) ???

... while they may not have completed the HH and gotten the HH badge itself, they are supposed to be able to access the HH inventory from their ACCOUNT page ...

The only ones who would not be able to do this were those that never accessed the Haunted House at all because they never collected any items and therefore would not have an inventory page.

Ok, you're right, I didn't know that. Nice for the people who started and did not finish.

But again, wouldn't it be nice for those people that didn't start it for whatever reason, to be able to do it now?

Why would the users who had collected something not be able to?

Why would the users who had collected something not be able to?

I didn't say that. I said that those who did NOT collect any items would NOT be able to access the HH inventory page through their account page. You obviously cannot have an inventory page if you didn't collect anything to go into the inventory. You only get an inventory page for a specific holiday if you had inventoried items collected for that holiday.

Ok, you're right, I didn't know that. Nice for the people who started and did not finish.

But again, wouldn't it be nice for those people that didn't start it for whatever reason, to be able to do it now?

ok... theorectically speaking...

i know that there is a halloween event planned. I've known that for quite some time... people discussing / speculating about it for weeks. Halloween comes around and I avoid the site for whatever reason and do not participate at all in the halloween event. Several DAYS had been set aside for people to participate - it was not like it was a one day event. Why should I then demand the right to have the ability to complete the halloween event weeks after the holiday event occurred after having put no effort at all in trying to participate in the first place?

That's like someone going to the mall and complaining to the mall manager at the end of January that they deserve the right to have their child sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wants for christmas ... weeks after the christmas holiday "come visit santa" event at the mall is done and over with.

Edited by WraithZephyr