tiktokism

Both Dragons on BSA Confirmation Page

Your opinion on this?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've never had a problem, but I'm certainly not against this change. It does make sense.

I've never bitten the wrong egg, so I wouldn't care if this was implemented. I guess some people would find it useful.

and I'm not sure if everybody keeps in mind which fresh egg of theirs is called by which code

Is double-checking the egg's address really that hard? Just have it open in one tab, and bite action in the other one. No tabs? No problem, write it down in a notepad, on a paper card, anything works.

I wouldn't mind the change anyway.

This is the current bite selection page:

user posted image

... and I don't see how it's any different from any other BSA that targets an egg, like the page for influence:

user posted image

You are then required to key in the action name/password, hit enter/the button to submit it, and then hit yes on a popup prompt on the confirmation page to proceed just like any other BSA. If that's not enough steps to make you double-check whether you're biting the right egg, I can hardly think of anything that will be.

I'm not exactly against the suggestion per se, but I just don't see the point.

Edited by CNR4806

This is the current bite selection page:

user posted image

... and I don't see how it's any different from any other BSA that targets an egg, like the page for influence:

user posted image

You are then required to key in the action name/password, hit enter/the button to submit it, and then hit yes on a popup prompt on the confirmation page to proceed just like any other BSA. If that's not enough steps to make you double-check whether you're biting the right egg, I can hardly think of anything that will be.

I'm not exactly against the suggestion per se, but I just don't see the point.

I have to say, I wasn't sure at first, but looking at it , I 100% support this idea.

ACTUALLY...

I would be in favor of this idea being applied to the other egg targeting BSAs as well. Like influence and Incubate and such. I find that I am somewhat paranoid about making CERTAIN that I am using the thing on the right egg.... so I sort of DO see the point. Some people like to check, double check and TRIPLE check a thing. I often click back to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I have never bitten the wrong egg as such, but with Influence and stuff I always Check Twice to make absolutely and doubly sure I selected the right egg. I would find this reassuring, somehow. It'd be nice for those of us that are a bit obsessive, I think. wink.gif Just my two cents as someone who would actually find this helpful.

So... a big Yes+ from me.

Edited by Silverswift

Whenever I use a BSA, I open a new tab when I click the egg I want to use it on. I use Chrome with the "outline clicked link" extension and that lets me check back to see which link is "clicked" and that's how I verify tongue.gif

Maybe an option to show the egg to be BSA'd would work? (Might need more coding...and I know nil about website coding beyond basic html xd.png! )

Edited by Butterflyzilla

ACTUALLY...

I would be in favor of this being for the other egg targeting BSAs as well. Like influence and Incubate and such. I find that I am somewhat paranoid about making CERTAIN that I am using the thing on the right egg.... so I sort of DO see the point. Some people like to check, double check and TRIPLE check a thing. I often click back to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I have never bitten the wrong egg as such, but with Influence and stuff I always Check Twice to make absolutely and doubly sure I selected the right egg. I would find this reassuring, somehow. It'd be nice for those of us that are a bit obsessive, I think. wink.gif Just my two cents as someone who would actually find this helpful.

Actually, come to think of it, I strongly agree with this. I do double and triple check sometimes to avoid making a mistake. It's not a huge hassle, and I'm used to it, but this is something I wouldn't mind seeing.

I didn't mis-bite myself, but I had three different eggs at 7d in the middle of my egg list. If I went back to check, I would have also needed to find the right egg again smile.gif

Silverswift: yes, that would be awesome! I admit I am paranoid about male-influencing eggs I bought to be FEMALEs in my lineage project smile.gif But in that case, I at least have teleports to wear the influence off: I can ask somebody to keep the egg for a few seconds for me, and when I get it back I can influence it properly. Now that's something you cannot do with vampire BSA.

Edited by Darth Krande

I would be in favor of this idea being applied to the other egg targeting BSAs as well. Like influence and Incubate and such. I find that I am somewhat paranoid about making CERTAIN that I am using the thing on the right egg.... so I sort of DO see the point.

My thoughts as well.

I know this was suggested in the past, but I can't seem to find it now. D: Spoke too soon! ~Merged~

I supported back then and support it now (for all BSAs, even fertility and expunge). It'd be useful for double checking to show both dragons being affected by the BSA on the confirmation page. Just to make sure you didn't accidentally select the wrong dragon if you don't have its code memorized. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Just want to say I merged this into the suggestions section since it is BSA specific but not specific to one breed. I'll try and PM all the people who posted to let them know where to find the topic.

Since I incubated the wrong egg this morning, something I've almost never done despite well over 4000 incubations, I want to support this idea.

If I'd seen the egg, I certainly would not have incubated it. dry.gif

Yes yes I would love to be able to see the recipient of the action before doing the final confirmation! I

In my ideal world it'd be the sprite, plus name AND code, time-remaining, and link to the lineage. But I'll take the name/code alone if that's easiest and fastest.

Even after several years, and paranoid checking of the URL, I still goof up at times.

I Incubate and Influence everything, so would be using this many times a day. And, I do a lot of lineage breeding which means I'll regularly have multiple eggs of the same breed and age on my scroll, thus the preference for code+lineagelink in addition to the sprite.

I had a quick search and couldn't see this, but sorry if it's been shot down already or w/e.

I always found it odd that on a BSA confirmation page (e.g. the page where you might enter your password or the name of the BSA in caps) it only shows the dragon performing the BSA. I thought it makes more sense to show both the dragon performing the BSA, and the egg it is being performed on. For example:

user posted image

It's also easier to double check you have the right egg without having to go and check the code or remember the code.

Secondly, I think on BSA and Action pages, the dragon's name should be used. For example, on the above image, it would instead say: In order for Starbit's Lithium Flames to incubate this egg... or on a kill/release page In order to Release/Kill Starbit's Lithium Flames. Same would apply for freezing a hatchie if it was named. I recognize my dragons by names, not codes, so it would be extra handy to see exactly what pink I'm influencing with or what black hatchie I'm freezing, without having to go back and check the codes.

Bumping this because I just incubated the incorrect egg. That incorrect egg happens to be a sunrise/set. It's super hard for me to get sunrises, which is what I want this egg to be. I just spend three days trying to be up at the correct time to be able to unfog the last sun egg I picked up. And now I cost myself a day because the egg/hatchie you're incubating/influencing only shows up once the action is performed rather than on the confirmation page where you input your pass/the action. >_e

I have always wondered why the BSA dragon was the only thing that showed up on the confirmation page. I don't need to confirm that I want to use that dragon. What I need to confirm is the creature that I want to use the action on!