tiktokism

Both Dragons on BSA Confirmation Page

Your opinion on this?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The action log says what you influenced and hether you influeced it male or female. I think that's enough, though I like this idea, too.

Um, I really don't understand how showing a picture of the egg is going to help prevent confusion. :x Like you said, if you have multiple eggs of the same breed, the picture cue is kinda redundant. And if you have eggs of different breeds, how exactly can you mistake them for one another after you know you've bred an egg correctly?

IMO, I think the new Action Log thing is enough. On there, you can check which egg you've influenced and which gender. ^^

I would personally like it to specify what dragons and have a link to each dragon.

For example, it would say:

Tobias Siilverwing and Shimmering Soldier bred to produce an egg.

OR

Angelic Internationalist influenced VWoKZ to be it's own gender.

The images would be a great addition as well, but I would preferably like to see the actual names/codes of the dragons before the images. Obviously the links would go to the actual dragon pages and not the lineage pages.

I know the action pages kind of helps you now, but I would still like to see this implemented.

Edited by MysticTiger

IDK. To me that's why you look at which egg is selected before you hit submit. Once it is on that page it is rather too late if you've made a mistake.

What are you going to do if you wanted to influence your horse egg male, but on that screen it's your water walker egg that appears?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

The Action log is handy,true, but part of this is seeing the egg before you use the action. In your action log you would be able to see which egg you had say, influenced, if its the wrong one, then you have to use another. This suggestion would allow you to notice the miss-click before you used the influence, therefore saving your influences for when you need them smile.gif

The Action log is handy,true, but part of this is seeing the egg before you use the action. In your action log you would be able to see which egg you had say, influenced, if its the wrong one, then you have to use another. This suggestion would allow you to notice the miss-click before you used the influence, therefore saving your influences for when you need them smile.gif

No it wouldn't. The page that is used in the example is the page where the influence has already been performed. If you notice the egg is wrong, there's nothing you can do about it, the action has already been done!

The new action log is fine, this is a minor change that I wouldn't mind if it was implemented but for the moment I don't think that this would be the #1 thing on TJ's mind regarding DC.

Im neutral, It doesn't really matter if its put in place, I don't mind if it is.

No it wouldn't.  The page that is used in the example is the page where the influence has already been performed.  If you notice the egg is wrong, there's nothing you can do about it, the action has already been done!

I also meant it would appear before you did the action, I don't think I said it that well. For clarification, I meant it would appear on this screen too...

user posted image

I don't think it counts as a major game changing suggestion, and unlikely to be put into effect any time soon, but if I put it out there, at least its there smile.gif

Edited by Emeraldmay

I really like this idea. Mostly because I think all of us have influenced/incubated the wrong egg.

A small idea I was thinking about:

If you use a BSA on a dragon, you should see the BSA dragon on top and the dragon the BSA was used on at the bottom.

For example, if you incubated an egg, you would see the egg below the red dragons.

Or if your vampire bit an egg, the bitten egg, fail or not, would appear below the vampire.

Can you explain why you think this is needed? I can't see what purpose it would serve, but I could be missing something.

If it's so we can keep track of what egg we've used a BSA on....

...then we have the action log? I also can't really see why we need this.

If you use a BSA on a dragon, you should see the BSA dragon on top and the dragon the BSA was used on at the bottom.

For example, if you incubated an egg, you would see the egg below the red dragons.

Or if your vampire bit an egg, the bitten egg, fail or not, would appear below the vampire.

Wouldn't it be better if we could see the egg in question on the Action page before we used the BSA? unsure.gif

I'm always scared of biting the wrong egg. >.<

I just think it would be nicer.

Also, I agree with CatCreature. You get a link to the target dragon in the password page.

I would also appreciate this. I can't tell you how many times I'm about to use a BSA on a dragon or egg, and then get anxiety on the last screen about making a mistake. So then I go double-check what I'm doing. It would be nice to have this. smile.gif

Wouldn't it be better if we could see the egg in question on the Action page before we used the BSA? unsure.gif

I'm always scared of biting the wrong egg. >.<

Now THAT would be useful!

This would be very useful. When I goto vamp an egg I check around 5 times to make sure I got the correct egg selected and even then I hope I do. Same goes for BSAs such as incubate, influence, etc. I could defiantly make some use out of this.

But how does it help to see AFTERWARDS when it's Too Late ?

But how does it help to see AFTERWARDS when it's Too Late ?

I believe this is meant as in when you use a BSA and it has you enter your password it displays a picture of the egg/hatchling/adult you are using it on below it, above, or someplace on that screen. That way we can be sure we're using it on the correct dragon.

I believe this is meant as in when you use a BSA and it has you enter your password it displays a picture of the egg/hatchling/adult you are using it on below it, above, or someplace on that screen. That way we can be sure we're using it on the correct dragon.

The OP says:

It's all about AFTERWARDS, as stated there... E.g. it refers to the bitten egg - not the egg about to be bitten...

The OP says:

It's all about AFTERWARDS, as stated there... E.g. it refers to the bitten egg - not the egg about to be bitten...

There's no point I that. It would however be very useful the way I said it would be. Besides, it's not set in stone. He open to opinions. And I do believe he was thinking the same thing as me as why add a second action log (basically what it is if after)

Edit: he actually refers to both ways. The way I said in the first part and an after In the example.

Edited by draganot

This thread started as "Show egg to be bitten" because I was suggesting it for the BITE breedspecific action. But it very soon came up that it would make sense for all egg BSAs so I'm changing the title.

I think this could be useful and hopefully not that complicated to code.

Currently when you bite an egg you see this:

user posted image

As you can see there is plenty space in front of the vampire for an egg. Also, although they have dimorphism, both male and female vamps look in the same direction which is convenient now smile.gif

I think it would be convenient when you have many eggs and a possibility you chose the wrong egg to be bitten. At the action name / password page, you can only see the code of the egg and I'm not sure if everybody keeps in mind which fresh egg of theirs is called by which code. And... it would just make sense.

Edited by Darth Krande